cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Did it ever pour rain this morning.  I'm hoping the iris' I planted don't rot because the ground is staying so moist & cool.

Didn't do much at all today.  Took recycle and went to the flea market.  I like to go there and think.

Neighbor across the street moved out and is headed for Florida.  I tried to fit in one of her packing boxesSmiley Wink

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1456 of 3,155
latest reply

I like "do nothing" days.  I need more of them.

I hate Monday morning semi-emergencies. Woke up to water all over the kitchen floor.  Got a leak under the sink.  I didn't want to clean that up this morning (but I did, of course).  Now I'm running late.

9da2051557184726e47423705461f8aa.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1457 of 3,155
latest reply

It could have leaked yesterday........but NOOOOOO!!!  It had to do it during the night so you could wake to a mess.  Umhm.  I would have been mumbling words.....

Typical Monday here......cleaning day.

My blood pressure is up.  Now what?  gaah!  

Hope you got your leak fixed with minimal $$ involved.

Message 1458 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah, it was an easy fix - at least I assume it was since I just turned off the water, mopped up and left it for dh.  And it was fixed when I came home so.....

Boy, you'd have to reason for your bp to be up would you?  No fun at any rate.

3 day weekend coming so it must be time for a foray.  How about Sunday night?  I'm cleaning carpets Sunday so some fun will be in order.

Blasted peonies are trying to take over my yard again.  I try hard but just cannot get rid of the things.  Maybe I should just give in and nurture them.  That will kill them for sure!

I got a scolding from The Queen - apparently my lap should be available when she wants it and Q should not be occupying it.  Really cute to watch her try to run him off and then talk to me if he won't budge.

Supposed to be up near 70 today but rainy.  That humidity will kill my hair - looks like a day to put it up.

I love this face.  Used to have a dog just like him.

images.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1459 of 3,155
latest reply

Got a couple of things done that were on my mind.  Always a relief.  Bp was back to normal today, but am going to keep an eye on it. 

Glad your leak was an easy fix.  We have an icemaker and the little 'hose' came undone during the night.  That was one big mess.

I know for a fact if you start fussing over those peonies, they will die.  Seems to be a proven fact....fuss over plants and they die.  OR I could fly over and 'water' them for you.  What color are they?

Had a Catbird in the yard today.  First time I have seen one here.  Thought it was a mockingbird at first. 

Cats are something else.  Myah likes to steal Rooties bed and Rootie just lets her have it.  Smart dog. 

Message 1460 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah for getting things done!  Always feels better to have accomplished something and marked it off the list.

The peonies are pink and red and you are welcome to "water" them. 

Q likes to share The Wonder Dog's bed.  He takes up an edge while she's on it.  Okay, about a 1/4 of the bed but she doesn't fuss.

Stayed up too late watching the game last night.  But we won, so it was worth it.

Our farmers market is open!  Heading down this weekend - I love that place.  Always a lot of fun.  Our farm share starts in a couple of weeks too.  Always get lots of interesting veggies from them.  I love summer!

My Wednesday thought.  I always think stuff like this on Wednesdays.

13239288_1107995095952728_324601334955029843_n.jpg

Message 1461 of 3,155
latest reply

I do like that one!!!  I am nodding in agreement...."you got that right!"

Heard on the news tonight that business is starting a little slow at Nashville's farmer's market.  I guess the people bringing their garden bounty have to prove they grew it or where they got it. 

My mom, her sister, and my grandma all had peonies.  The little house I rented in Minnesota also had several peony bushes.  The lady who owned the home was elderly.  Can I rightfully say that peonies are an old fashioned flower?  I thought they were pretty when blooming.  Mom's would have ants all over the buds.  She said the ants were necessary to assist the opening of the bud.  Never did google that  to see if it were really true or not.  My mom also told me that tiny snail shells were rabbit toenails, so there ya go.

Message 1462 of 3,155
latest reply

And did the ants on the peonies scream when you cut the head off the plant?  Smiley Happy

Yes, the usual suspect were out in force yesterday.  I was good and did not say what I thought.

We're supposed to have a gray, not very warm weekend.  Be nice for cleaning carpets.  The Wonder Dog did something to her paw and is limping a bit so may not be up for long walks.  I think she just pulled something chasing squirrels.

Got to get out of here early this morning - lots of work to do today.  What else is new?

2e9c7b9c166744619a4d1b57fb1d9dc6.jpg

Message 1463 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh tons of fun grocery shopping today.  They are now ready to use the credit cards with chips.  BUT, their system is glitchy.  Groceries were all bagged and then the glitch happened.  They had to unpack all my groceries and rescan all over again.  Check out today took 35 minutes.  Glad I wasn't in any big rush.

Message 1464 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, those things drive me batty.  It takes forever for them to be read.  Okay, not forever but certainly longer than just swiping.  And 35 minutes - you poor thing and poor cashier!  Not fun stuff at all.

Well, I have a fun weekend planned.  2 baseball games and cleaning carpets and yardwork if it's not pouring down.  I may need a weekend after the weekend.  Oh!  And the Sunday foray.  Bring your rain gear.

But first I have to get into work early and get stuff done.  Lots of stuff.  Makes the day go fast!

aaca9a0f0ef5874c73a16c75d6f98565.jpg

Message 1465 of 3,155
latest reply

You do have a full weekend planned.  I may have to check in on you before Sunday's foray!

I'm sure it's going to be rainy here.  I have worn my galoshes out; sprung a leak in the right one.  Have to buy some new ones.

Felt something crawling on my neck today.  Was wearing a collared top so the bug was under that.  Reach to get it and once in my fingers it was not tiny; it was a honey bee.  How I did not get stung is beyond me. 

Message 1466 of 3,155
latest reply

You ready for a foray or you been too busy?  May have to head to a higher elevation and cool off some.  Glad our brooms run cool.

Message 1467 of 3,155
latest reply

Ouch on the honey bee!

Bright pink galoshes?

And so sorry I was late for the foray!  Did the extra dense purple smoke make up for it?  I do love making an entrance!  Love the altitude runs - think we scared anyone?

Beautiful weather yesterday and supposed to continue on this week.  Hooray!

CYE

Better get moving.  Doggie wants a walk before work.  But she was pleased to get a new squeaky duck this weekend.

puppy-toy-meme-11160-11592-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Message 1468 of 3,155
latest reply

Couldn't finish posting last night.  All of a sudden the site went berserk.

What was strange, the bee didn't sting me.  So, no ouch, just a bunch of tickling with him crawling under my collar. 

Oh yeah, the heavy duty purple smoke was a dilly.  You didn't see me right behind you? (cough, sputter).

Went for a bike ride this morning.  Going down the street and I see this cardinal flopping on the street.  He is stuck on one of those sticky boards.  Don't know how long he had been fighting to get unstuck, but he had every tail feather pulled out along with quite a few other smaller feathers.  One foot was stuck very bad and of course looked pretty twisted up from all the struggle.  So, I try to get him unstuck all the while he is screeching as loud as he can which upsets all the other birds out there and then he latches onto my thumb with his beak and won't let go.  I did get him free without any more harm to the poor bird and then wondered how was going to get him home.  So, gently held in in my right hand(and he is latched on to my thumb again), got on my bike and rode home praying for no traffic.  He loved it!!  He let go my thumb and just enjoyed the breeze blowing through his crown feathers and looking side to side at the scenery along the way.  I did hit a bump which he let out a shreek and tried to latch on again, but he went back to enjoying his ride.  Got him home and took Claudia's cage down, got it set up and put him in it.  He's a mess.  Put sunfower seeds and other grain and a dish of water also.  He went straight for the dish like he knew what it was and began drinking.  He also ate some and then I let him alone.  Checked on him about an hour later and he was sitting all quiet, resting.  Later this afternoon, he seemed to be getting around better, but that left foot is still a bit messed up.  He is able to perch and land halfway decent.  I think he is missing a few wing feathers and has absolutely NO tail.  So, will see.  We do have another male cardinal that comes to our feeders and he doesn't have a tail either.  But he does fly and get about pretty good.  Rootie is scared half to death of him. 

Message 1469 of 3,155
latest reply

You are so sweet to try to get him fixed up!  Please keep me updated on his progress.

And just ACK!  I'm running late, I have relatives in town tonight and way too much going on at work.

So it's post and run - that work won't do itself!

funny-animals-377.jpg

Message 1470 of 3,155
latest reply