cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Ah, boring means different things to different people.  I'm just more boring than normal right now!

Is Rootie getting enough oil in her diet?  I know our dog loses hair especially in the winter if she doesn't get enough oil.  Of course, come spring our dog looks like she's molting she sheds so much.  We have to brush her 3 times a day.

I was wearing a  pair of gray yoga pants the other day and the cats took turns making sure they had the proper amout of fur on them.  Wasn't that sweet?

Short day today and then a three day weekend.  Bet I'll be back nearly full-time next week.

Think I'll take a nap.

48785786.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1321 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie does shed, but here lately has been worse.  So, not enough oil or the spring shed.  What do you give your dog?

Finally got out of the house on my goof off day.  Enjoyed going to the flea market and found some cool beads and a little vintage clothes line.  Couldn't resist.  Now I can hang all my angora socks after washing. 

Have a nice 3 day week-end and a happy valentine's day.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1322 of 3,155
latest reply

It's all good.

Message 1323 of 3,155
latest reply

I either add some olive oil to her bowl or a scrambled egg.  I know there's stuff you can buy that's supposed to help but either oil or egg seems to work fine for our pup.

Yeah for flea market finds!  Those are the absolute best.  Flea market is on my list of things I want to do soon.  Dh hates going to them with me though.

Was a pretty good weekend, very, very quiet.  Still feeling sad and still recovering.  Going to work for a bit today - being productive should cheer me up.  Being still is not easy for me!

We're back to rain but at least it's not cold.

Been taking pictures of the projects I want to do around the house and making myself a "to do" board.  Been kind of a fun distraction, but reminds me of all the stuff I want to get done.

And this is so awful it's good.

talking-dog-punchline.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1324 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie.........groan, but good!!

DH doesn't like to go to flea markets either, but that's OK Smiley Happy

So how did work go?  Did it make you feel better or did you find a whole bunch of stuff that needs to get done=frustration?

The 'to do' board' sounds far more involved than just a list.  Yikes!

Sorry you are sad.

I do put a few drops of olive oil in Myah's chow on occasion.  I think Rootie is doing her spring shedding already.  Why not?  Saw a bird carrying nesting material 2 weeks ago.  Bet she changed her mind when the 8" snow came.

Taxes.  I'll be glad when I can do this on my list:  TAXES

Message 1325 of 3,155
latest reply

periathome2.JPG

3rd and last sprite.  She has a WW2 Harley you know.....

Message 1326 of 3,155
latest reply

I do love that sprite!

Actually did our taxes this weekend - came up within $150 of even so I'm happy.

Our lilacs are already putting on buds so Spring can't be far away.  But the dog hasn't started shedding yet.  That's the true sign of Spring.  And she sheds ALOT - as in having to vaccumn twice a day.

Work did perk me up some - only did 4 hours but got a lot done.  Already ready for the weekend though.

Yeah, a list would probably be easier but I like having the visuals.  Plus it's given me something to do.

I see light at the end of the tunnel for my work parking lot.  They opened up the new entrance and gave us back some of the parking - hooray! 

Wedding anniversary coming up and I have no idea what to get dh or what to do.  Guess I'll figure it out the morning of!

GOT-RECOGNIZED-AT-WORK-FOR-MY-CONTAGIOUS-POSITIVE-ATTITUDE-I39M-JUST-EXTREMELY-SARCASTIC-AND-NOBODY-HAS-CAUGHT-ON-meme-1422.jpg

Message 1327 of 3,155
latest reply

faeriehouse.JPG

You can see a little bit of Peri's motorcycle.

Today was Wednesday all day and busy.  Why is it I can never seem to find nothing to do?

Message 1328 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh!  I want a treehouse!

I can find nothing to do, I just can't seem to do it!

Can we just have the election tomorrow?  Apparently there is no other news.

I tried to sleep in this morning but the pup had other ideas - how come she only whines on my side of the bed when she wants out?  But she is 12 so it's hard to break her of lifelong habits.

Not much else going on.  I'm boring. 

I like this tie.

af9318a76a447b257fe0_size52_w499_h661.jpg

Message 1329 of 3,155
latest reply

Can we just have the election tomorrow?  Apparently there is no other news.

No kidding.  Get it over with!!

Isn't business pig a cutie in his tie?  Coming from a farm, I can't imagine having a pig on the sofa.  I do realize though, these are different pigs and didn't just come from the stySmiley Very Happy

I found that little tree house at the right time so could use it as a little fairy cottage.   Still kind of working on the roof patio of Barbie's foreclosure house and what did I find today at the thrift store?.......a hot tub with party lights(fake, don't light).  Perfect for that huge patio.   Perfect end to the grocery shopping day. 

DH is home with the flu.  Even had the flu shot last fall.  Can't imagine what it would have been like if he wouldn't have received the vaccine. 

Pets are like kidsSmiley Wink

Message 1330 of 3,155
latest reply

Boy, Barbie is going to make a killing when she flips that foreclosure house, isn't she?

You had to mention the flu didn't you?  Now I'll probably get it and I even got the flu shot!  I didn't get the pneumonia shot though.

We're back to rain but it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow for a bit - hooray.

I am so glad it's Friday, I am tired.  Really looking forward to the weekend.  Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be resting so why am I up and moving so early?

Think I'll take a nap before going to work. Smiley Very Happy

tumblr_mn8734UmWj1sqx8y7o1_1280.jpg

Message 1331 of 3,155
latest reply

How was your week end?  Nice one here for a change.  Friday and Saturday were both pretty nice though the wind blew like a hurricane on Friday.  Clocked a gust of 49 mph.  I did go out, but is kind of scary watching the stop lights swing and sway the way they do.  Got a haircut.  Saturday was the nicest; no wind and upper 60's.  Sunday was a little rainy.  DH finally feeling human. 

Today was the usual cleaning day.  Took down the gate and let Rootie join me in the back rooms.  She checks everything out and of course found a lot of 'toys' she thought she could take to her bed.  So cute to watch her.  She sometimes behaves like a pup.  Myah was watching her pretty closely Smiley Tongue

Got another one of those phone calls today.  Another classmate not doing so hot.  The 'C' word....stage iv with mets to brain. 

Finally finished the tax prep. 

So you have an anniversary coming up soon?  How about an "I survived" T-shirt?  J/K.

Message 1332 of 3,155
latest reply

fairybed1.JPG

here's the fairy bed

Message 1333 of 3,155
latest reply

What a great bed!  So cute!

Sounds like a good weekend, less the wind.  It can be scary if you have lots of trees around.  We have lots of big trees in the area and with all the rain lately some of the root systems aren't as strong as they could be.  Speaking of which, I need to call the tree guys this week and get some of the big stuff done.

So sorry about your classmate.  Nasty stuff.

Actually made it almost 5 hours at work yesterday - yeah me!  Let's see how I do today.

Taxes done, got a bunch of paperwork sorted out and ready to scan, sorted books, knitted hats for the cats... Okay, maybe not the last one but I'm going rather stir crazy.

The cold has sort of returned, down in the 50s again.  I know that's not that bad but after all the 65ish weather I'm ready for Spring.  The lilacs are budding already and I'm seeing new growth on the roses.

Why does the cat think my laptop is a good place to sleep?  Oh well, at least she's not sleeping like this.

extreme-sleeping_c_5659495.jpg

Message 1334 of 3,155
latest reply

When it gets this late, my brain doesn't want to work too well.   Can always tell when i get to the games.

Raining tonight and then a cool down again tomorrow.  maybe some snow?   Even with the weather as it has been, things are acting like spring is right around the corner.  I think my lilac died last fall.  Not sure what happened, unless it was the lawn spray we used to kill dandilions.  Yet, the dandilions have been able to bloom all through the winter.  Not scads of them, but enough to make you want to plow the yard and fill it will rocks.  JK

I don't know about the cat out there on that blanky.  Makes my legs feel weird just looking at the picture. 

Knit hats for the cats.......Smiley Very Happy

Message 1335 of 3,155
latest reply