cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Woo hoo!  That was awesome!  Did you see the blue grimruck run for cover when I dropped the stink bomb while he was eating his dinner?  Bet he doesn't picnic on a Tuesday again!  And the mini-bombs for the sprites were a stroke of genius!

Only problem is you kept me out too late (ok, actually apparently ebay was having issues this morning and I couldn't log in).

Drunk1.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1216 of 3,155
latest reply

One of the best ones we have had in awhile!  It was such a beautiful night; with the moon so bright. The little sprites had a good time with their stink bombs.  In fact, they saved one to use in the Queen's dressing room.  She was pretty annoyed by it all and wanted to deny their entrance into the Court.  They are trying to find a place in the woods until the Queen gets over it.

I couldn't get signed in last night either.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1217 of 3,155
latest reply

It's been raining ALL day longSmiley Mad

Message 1218 of 3,155
latest reply

Poor Shirls!  Yeah, Ebay has been funky with the sign ins.  I tried Thanksgiving and couldn't get in and then tried again last night.  Finally rebooted and here I am! 

I'll bet the Queen was not impressed!  She has a bit of a temper too.

Nice Thanksgiving - very, very cold but clear which was nice.  Standard fare except this year we added dried apples to the stuffing which came out great and my brother in law did acorn squash stuffed with wild rice.  Lots of leftovers - woo hoo!

Back at it this morning.  I don't wanna.  Seemed like the weekend just flew by.  Did get a little holiday shopping done, but not much.  I think I'm back to gift cards this year.  Do you want Arco or Starbucks?

21cae250aaf6714acc56eee3546f4afe.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1219 of 3,155
latest reply

Today was errand day which was a little more fun than diving in with cleaning house!  And it is STILL drizzling!!

I don't know if Rootie and Myah are going to get along so great after all.  Myah keeps staring at her and it is starting to irritate her.  Rootie has snapped at her two times now.  Not sure how to handle this.  Myah just gets right on her; even when Rootie is eating.  I shoo her out of there because I know for sure Rootie is not going to go for a cat getting close to her food.  At this point, I know these 2 could not be left alone together in the house.  Never was a problem for Sadie and the boston terrier.

Oh definitely StarbucksSmiley Happy  Have to have my coffee, even if it is mostly decaf in the mix. 

Message 1220 of 3,155
latest reply

Rain just started here.  At least it's not as cold.

The animals will work it out I've found.  The Queen still won't go near the pup, who loves cats and is very sweet.  She just makes big circles around her.  Q on the other hand annoys the pup all the time - even when she's eating.  The Wonder Dog just grumps at him when she wants to be left alone.

And.....

11386476_694807193982766_1188505950_n.jpg

Message 1221 of 3,155
latest reply

Not much to report on this end.  Still a bit rainy this morning but sky hasn't cleared yet.  Hopefully will see the sun tomorrow!!

Message 1222 of 3,155
latest reply

Gorgeous day yesterday!  Started raining about the time it got dark, but before that it was sunny and clear.  Great for my lunchtime walk.

The Christmas stuff is all in my living room now.  Guess what I'm doing this weekend?  Actually looking forward to it.

But first, I have to get through this week.  Ugh.

The Queen has decided she will reside on my lap this morning - neither the pup nor Q have been able to dislodge her, and they've tried!

Appropriate for a Wednesday.

8e41bc8b7a99e1dfa5baf949e75ce275.jpg

Message 1223 of 3,155
latest reply

(jumping up and down with fits of laughter)................

I saw the sun today!!

going to get cold tonight; upper 20's.  

not in the Christmas spirit yet.  got all my little pieces of tree branch measured and cut up today for the fairy bed.  Now need to dig through all the pieces of old and broken costume jewelry to make bling for the bed.   Fairies like glitter and they like blingSmiley Happy  This has been a fun project so far.

Myah and Rootie tolerated each other today.  They both keep an eye on each other though.

Message 1224 of 3,155
latest reply

Love your colors!

And hooray on the sun!  We actually stayed dry mostly yesterday, but back to rain today.

My neighbors have had their lights up since before Thanksgiving.  I'll be lucky to get them up before Christmas.  but I like doing the decorating.  Actually got a bunch of my shopping done already - have a bit more to do.

Fairy bed sounds fun and sparkly.  I like sparkly.

They'll work it out, I'm sure.  They always seem to.

Looking like I can actually take the week between Christmas and New Years off!  Hooray!

So what do you want for Christmas?

index.jpg

Message 1225 of 3,155
latest reply

What do I want for Christmas?   All my tests to come back normal or at least something that's not worth worrying over.

Seems the older I get, the less I want.  And what I want cannot be purchased.

I think I could live with a colony of MinionsSmiley Very Happy

I didn't even get the cardboard turkey up for Thanksgiving.  Think I can do better for Christmas?

Message 1226 of 3,155
latest reply

hm... I will send Santa that list but it may be beyond him.

I have no clue what I want for Christmas - I have enough "stuff".  Although a vacation would be nice-someplace warm and peaceful.  Yeah, I could do that.

Started pouring rain the minute I left work last night - made for an interesting commute to say the least. 

I have the cardboard Christmas tree up!  Doing the rest this weekend.  Want to race and see who can finish their decorations first?

Maybe I should be a bear.

funny_animal_pictures_5.jpg

Message 1227 of 3,155
latest reply

Guess i had better get that cardboard tree up and call it done.  I win!!

Santa may have to turn that list over to a higher power.

Today was goof off day, finally!   Finished my last little fairy.  This one had snow white hair.  I think i am done with fairies for awhile.  Maybe can get to work on that fairy bed tomorrow.

Have a nice week-end, Rootie!

Message 1228 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah me!  I got the cupboard decorated while Q was napping (since he likes to "help").  Just have to pick up some tinsel for the bobbleheads.

AND I am almost finished with my shopping - just have to pick up a couple of gift cards and it's done!  Helps that Hannukah was early this year - kind of forced me to get it done.

Rain all weekend.  Rain all week.  Think I'd be used to it by now, wouldn't you?  Today they are calling (and I'm not even kidding) for "rain" "scattered showers" and "intermittent rain".  Guess that can't just say it will be wet can they?

I'm taking a week off before the end of the year - my list of projects grows.  I don't see "sit with a book all day and drink tea" anywhere on that list.  May have to change that.

And off for a wonderful fun Monday!

159bdd1e135b17a4d4a7d3ef3daee1f8.jpg

Message 1229 of 3,155
latest reply

There I go again, hitting the kudo button and waiting for the post screen to pop up.  "Enter body here".   Basic instructions needed!!

Got the fairy bed made!!  At least the frame is done anyway.  Cute!   Made another scepter but the glue ran down it.  Figured it wasn't going to do that so put the sceptor in a holder.  Now it is firmly glued to the holderSmiley Mad

Shopping.  Let's see....I'm one of those last minute people.  I can do that, as custom around here with all the mailing we have to do, is wait until AFTER Christmas, but before the postage goes up.

Finally having nice weather here!  60* for a daytime high and lots of sun; no wind!  No rain either!

That poor kitty up there looks a bit 'had it'. 

Message 1230 of 3,155
latest reply