cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Happy Monday!  And I KNOW you are crazy!  That's why we're friends!

Response coming!

Crafts fair sounds like fun - I always admire those people who can do stuff like that, I have absolutely no artistic talents at all.  I think I was born without that gene.

Poured rain all weekend.  Dh had to drive about an hour south yesterday and said it was snowing on his way back.  No snow yet!  Did get nails done and then went shopping with sis, that was fun.  Hit Bath & Bodyworks and loaded up (good sale!) - actually got some presents that need to be shipped.  Aren't you proud of me?

Oh shoot - I forgot the games!  Will get there tonight I promise (since I'm already behind this morning).  How come days off when I'm supposed to be resting get so busy?  Don't answer that!

Off to work - rain's supposed to let up some (fingers crossed).

I like this guy's suggestion (and just look at that cute face!).

alpaca meme.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1201 of 3,155
latest reply

Alpaca Lunch........just hope he doesn't decide to spit in it.

Hey!  So glad you came over to play games!!  I really missed doing that.

It is supposed to start raining tomorrow, but Wednesday looks like an all day affair.  Ugh!!  Our deck is already turning a lovely green.

I did see a couple of neat ideas at this craft fair.  I took a little notebook one time and made sketches; notes of things I had seen thinking I would make the stuff.  Never did.  Always seeing cool ideas, but never get around to making any of it.  Wonder why???    I did buy a little soft turtle for Rootie.  She loves Myah's little toys.  She doesn't care for big stuff.  Tonight, she picked up the little turtle and put it on her 'bed'.  She used it for a little pillow for her headSmiley Happy  She is such a sweet dog, but really has a stubborn streak.

Good ole housecleaning day today.  Got a little more of the fall cleaning done.  I think I will get it all done this time.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1202 of 3,155
latest reply

Great - when you get done with your cleaning you can come help with mine!

Aw, that's so cute of Rootie!  The Wonder Dog loves her squeeky duck.  Like her favorite thing to play with ever after Q.

yeah, my Christmas cupboard is about as artsy as I get.  But that does come out pretty nice.

Running late and tons of rain and wind out there, going to be a fun commute.

Adorable-Dog-Memes.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1203 of 3,155
latest reply

My trusty broom will have me there in no time.  Bringing my buckets, rags, cleansers, dusters, sponges, sprayers, and a good set of lungs to blow the dust when I get tired of moving stuffSmiley Very Happy

Your day sounds like what our day is supposed to be tomorrow(which will be today by the time you read this). hee hee.  Wind gusts up to 40mph tonight.  Could get as much as 3" of rain tomorrow.  Re-Housebreaking Rootie won't be fun.  She has her wires crossed.  I think she thinks she is supposed to live outdoors and the house is for #1 bathroom.  And she jumps at every little noise.  Wish she could talk.  But, I think I'm catching on.

Message 1204 of 3,155
latest reply

What a day yesterday!  Lots of rain, wind, power outages, road closures, etc., etc.  Took me over an hour to get home - mostly because people were being idiots.  Isn't the rule that when the traffic lights are out the intersection is a 4 way stop not basic driver education?

I've often wondered what my dog would say if she could talk.  Sounds like poor Rootie is confused.  You'll get her straightened out - so sweet of you to take her on.  She and Myah work things out? 

Running late this morning, but I actually slept really well so I don't mind so much.

Hoping for quieter weather today.  You stay safe!

funny-dog-vs-cat-emotions.jpg

Message 1205 of 3,155
latest reply

Rain just poured this morning.  Yard was floating and had to take Rootie out.  She did her jobs though in no time.  She has been doing pretty good the past few days. 

She and Myah get along so-so.  Myah is handling it a lot better than what I thought she would.  Was afraid she would start the hair-pulling again, but hasn't.  Rootie has only snarled once at Myah and that is when she got too close to a toy Rootie was working over.  When Rootie had one of her #1 accidents and was caught in the act, I was putting the leash on her to take her out and Myah just flew onto her; tail all bushy, hair up.  What a deal that was.  No accidents since then either.  Most of the time Rootie just ignores Myah.  I keep an eye on them though because Myah gets right up in the dog's face.  Sometimes I nudge her back.....you never know. 

Drivers must be the same all over.  It seems not many are familiar with a 4 way stop or who has the right-of-way.   And what about slow traffic keeping right?  It is the opposite around here.

Message 1206 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds like Rootie & Myah are working it out!  Did they check the pup for a UTI?  Mine had an issue with "accidents" when she had an infection.

Less rain yesterday, hooray!  Actually had some sunshine, which was nice.  Big tree took out a power line nearby and 1/2 the neighborhood is still dark.  Not us this time, which is nice for a change.

Was making Thanksgiving shopping list last night - going to be a small one this year, less than 10 people but it will be nice.  Having it at sis's house and not sure she'd be up for a large crowd this year.

Yes, slow driving in the passing lane drives me insane.  Along with not speeding up on the on ramp so you can merge, failing to yield in traffic circles, not leaving stopping space.... Ok, maybe I am insane!

83cbe3223c70f9426949b7994d3b8af6.jpg

Message 1207 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie, I bet we could talk for hours about all the stupid &#*! we see on the road.  Couple of days ago, on the interstate, a man slowed for a deer that was coming onto the highway.  He was immediately rearended by a sportscar (think he was following too close at 80mph?).  Sportscar gets rammed by a pickup-truck towing a trailor that couldn't stop in time.  THEN on the other side of the freeway, traffic is slowing because of the wrecks (now, WHY would the traffic on the other side of interstate have to slow down?)  A woman said she looked away for just a moment because she was EATING.  When she looked back up it was too late...she rearended an SUV.  A total of 10 cars smashed.  3 in the main accident, and 7 on the rubbernecking, eating side of the freeway.  When I drive home, I try to stay away from all the high-speed clusters.  Come on....there's several thousand miles of freeway.  Is following too close at 80mph really necessary?

If you're insane, then I'm insane.  I know one thing, if more people start using brooms, we are going to run into these same annoying problems when out on a foray.  Speaking of which, do you think we can fit one in before TG?

Message 1208 of 3,155
latest reply

I totally hear you on the idiots on the road - I tend to squawk like a chicken at drivers who irritate me.  Better than calling them fowl names!  (see what I did there????)

Yes to the foray!  Can we stink bomb the grimrucks again please please please please please?  I promise to make sure you aren't flying under me when I release the bomb this time!

I made the mistake of looking at my "to do this weekend" list this morning.  Ugh.

This is my "Friday face" this week.

funny-animals-making-funny-faces-004.jpg

Message 1209 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey!  Where'd you find my picture?  That's me every day(well almost).

Yesterday when at the thrift shop I found 2 little Disney fairies in a baggie.  One is Vidalia and the other I don't know; some little redhead with freckles.  They are maybe 5" tall.  No wings, no nothing.  They were so cute I had to buy them for a $1.  Today went to Hobby Lobby and found a couple of butterflies.  Took them apart for the wings and voila my 2 little sprites now have wings!!  Gave Vidalia a haircut and wild style(she has purplish-black hair).  Now I just need to make them some bitty fairy clothes and they will be ready for the foray.  They seem pretty fiesty.

I'm pretty sure Rootie doesn't have a UTI.  She just needed a refresher course on housebreaking. 

Message 1210 of 3,155
latest reply

The little sprites are ready for a foray.

Message 1211 of 3,155
latest reply

I want sprites!  So nice of you to rescue them and give them back their wings!

Crazy busy weekend - got the grocery shopping done early, at least I hope I got it all.  Braving the grocery store after work this week is not in my plans but how much do you want to get I have forgotten something?

It was cold, cold, cold this weekend but really sunny and pretty.  Got a little yard clean up done but have plenty left to go.  I did take time to watch the Seahawks win -  hooray!

So a Tuesday foray?  I really tried to get one in this weekend, just couldn't quite do it.  No one will be expecting a stink bomb attack on a Tuesday!

I did get all the summer clothes packed away and the winter clothes out.  I need a bigger closet so I can just keep all the clothes out all year round.  Don't see that happening any time soon.  Made dh put most of his stuff in the guest room closet, that helps some.

Oh, and it's MONDAY (or actually Wednesday this week).

1fa2b0337d71dd2b1f15d948bfb0e813.jpg

Message 1212 of 3,155
latest reply

It just seems I am busier than all get out!!  Just run, run, run!!   What gives?  Tuesday will work for the foray.  No other time this week, whew!  And the Sprites will be ready for sure!  I made sure to take the time and make a staff for the red-head.  It has a gem on the end that lights up whenever there are grimrucks are about.

More later!  Good to see ya!

Message 1213 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, a magical staff!  I like it!  You are a genuis!

Running incredibly late this morning - how did that happen?  Oh, yeah, slept in!  Need more coffee.

Back later to play games and then will meet you for the foray.  Watch out grimrucks!

tumblr_mochgjMdwq1svc1lqo1_400.jpg

Message 1214 of 3,155
latest reply

Foray in progress...............

Message 1215 of 3,155
latest reply