cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

I thought it was kind of sweet that he brought his kid to meet me - funny animals.

Yeah for lower humidity!  I can handle the heat, but when the humidity gets high it just saps me. 

We haven't played dolls in a long time - need to rectify that. 

Barbie convention would be so much fun.  Get all kinds of great ideas.

How come my weekend is quickly becoming filled with stuff to do?  I was hoping for a quiet weekend but it seems like I have a bunch of stuff to do.  Oh well.

And since I'm sure you're tired of ewoks already, here's something cute.

Top-40-Funniest-Minions-Quotes-Humor-Pics.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1066 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

I love it!!  I could just about 'facebook' someone today!!

My week-end plans have been squashed(again) as well.  I'm beginning to think I just need to quit planning them. That way, if I wind up doing something else it won't matter as much.   I really need a break.  May have to email you one of these days cause I'm sure this isn't making much sense.

Barbie convention is in VA this year.  Not really that far from here, but when you total the expenses, it gets 'up there' pretty quick.   I think we need to have a Barbie play day soon.   Throw in a few Kens and let Barbie have at it. Smiley Surprised

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1067 of 3,155
latest reply

476328870f97a7afd9e8455dabf508d6.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1068 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, I know that face all too well!!Smiley Wink

Stinker!!

Message 1069 of 3,155
latest reply

Who me???

Busy weekend and then last night I put the garbage cans out and went to shut the garage door and it made this most awful sound - broken spring.  ARGH!  What a pain.

Supposed to cool down this week - I can live with that.  I like the heat, but enough is enough.  A few 80 degree days would be nice.

And when's the next foray?

Top-30-best-Funny-Minions-Memes.jpg

Message 1070 of 3,155
latest reply

229.jpg

Message 1071 of 3,155
latest reply

I will post tomorrow, I promise!!

But for now, CYE!

Message 1072 of 3,155
latest reply

Checked and responded!

Rain today - maybe.  Hooray! 

The Queen decided to come visit me very early this morning.  After sniffing at my face for a few minutes she jumped up to the window, knocking everything off the table in the meantime including the lamp.  Was a fun way to wake up - NOT!

So off to work early - let's see if I can make a dent in that pile of work I have to do before I start getting annoyed.

And just one more minion!

13cd69d7d7914bea.jpg

Message 1073 of 3,155
latest reply

Aww  Rootie, you can post as many minions as you like, I like 'em!!  In fact, I had to get one of them when McD's was offering them with the kid's meal.  I have 2 more that are bottles of bodywash I found at Walgreens.  Oh....and I am one of those idiots somewhere that now and then pulls on a door that says 'push'.  On occasion there will be a door that says 'pull' and I will insist that it must be wrong and will push.  Ha!

I will respond to your email tomorrow.   I know, I was already in my email, but ran out of time in there since I wanted to come in and post here.

Got a new Barbie in the mail today.  She is pretty.  One of the City Shine collection. Been awhile since I bought one because I'm not finding that many I like anymore.  Got her from a Barbie website and was able to use a reward on the purchase.  Since I am trying to reduce what I have, I sorted out 2 dolls I no longer want.  Yay!!

We got a nice rain here  too.  Only .70, but it came down slow so could all soak in.  Now, I suppose the grass will grow and I will have to mow, but  Oh well, fair trade.  I should not have to water for at least a couple of days. The rain kept the temp down too.  I think it only got to 78* today.  After the rain it stayed 72* for quite awhile.

Though you must be busy, it has to be interesting.

Oh, and I can go on a foray anytime you need.  Maybe next one could be a relaxing one if there is such a thing as a relaxing foraySmiley Tongue

Still waiting for the neighbor to start his boatSmiley Very Happy

Message 1074 of 3,155
latest reply

I think they are super cute!  And I want pics of your new Barbie - sounds cool.

I like automatic doors because I am lazy.  Smiley LOL

On the fly this a.m. - was not a good day to oversleep.

327-Jesus-Cat-Has-no-interest-in-physics-funny-jesus-walking-on-water.jpg

Message 1075 of 3,155
latest reply

Looks like he is walking on some awfully thin ice.......he better watch it.  Bet that cool demeanor would soon change into a panic of fur and flailing paws with claws all the way outSmiley Tongue

Oh, I'm sure not on the ball I tell ya!!  I get to reading and can't stop and then I'm in a flurry to get what needs to be done, done.  Gotta stop this.  I work a lot better with a routine. Went and got a hair cut at the last minute this afternoon. I had better make sure I get goof off day straight tomorrow!

Nice day today; I don't think the AC had to run until late this afternoon.  By Saturday though?  We will be back to the mid-90's.  Humidity is creeeping back up there too.

Can't post a pic of my new doll, but what I can do is post a link to a closed listing of the same doll. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CITY-SHINE-BARBIE-DOLL-METALLIC-PURPLE-DRESS-APHRODITE-MODEL-MUSE-REDHEAD-20...

Message 1076 of 3,155
latest reply

Yes, you must do the goof off day done property!  The rest of them don't matter!

I like that Barbie - very classy.  Would have lots of fun dressing her up.

We had a little rain and then it got sunny yesterday so it was nice.  Supposed to be cooler this weekend which is fine since I have to work all weekend (grumble grumble).  that's okay - boss is going to be basically out of the office for the last two weeks of the month so I'll be a happy girl.

This guy needs a haircut too.

silly_animal_pictures_02.jpg

Message 1077 of 3,155
latest reply

I love silly!!! Yee haw!!  Now who put a bowl of spaghetti on that pup's head??Smiley Very Happy

I did get this done:  CYE

Oh yes, today went as it should!  Woo Hoo!

Now let's see if can have a repeat of that tomorrow um hmm.

HOO RAY!!!  Boss will be gone!!

Message 1078 of 3,155
latest reply

Isn't that just the silliest pup?  Made me grin.

Yeah for things going the way they should!  Now about around 20 days of that?

Off early this a.m.  Wonder if my goose will be up this early??

You got time to come do all my yardwork?

image.png

Message 1079 of 3,155
latest reply

Cats are just plain weird aren't they?  I try to be on their level as best I can.

Looks like you were up a tad early?  Was your goose up and about?

Yes!  I have a few more days of 'going as they should' woo hoo!!

I have a pretty busy week this week and this yard is SO due for a mowing.  Have a dental appt. tomorrow.  Didn't I just have one of those?  Got the eye exam reminder in the mail today.  Getting old means frequent checks on all body systems I guess.

Worked on a doll this week-end.  Was going to part with her and then thought maybe I could experiment on her hair.  Good idea!  She had very long platinum blonde hair with a layer of black hair underneath.  Her bangs were pretty long and hid her eyebrows and you could not see the black hair for the platinum hair.  So did a major cut.  Gave her a short, rather spikey cut exposing the black hair- yay!  Redid her bangs too.  Then i put her on a Hard Rock Barbie body that has black nail polish and a tattoo on the right arm.  Gave her a little jewelry, short black and blue plaid dress, cool 'just above the ankle' boots and voila!  New doll.  I like her now and she is a keeper!    I'll see if I can find a pic of what she looked like.

Message 1080 of 3,155
latest reply