cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

You would be proud of me.  I wore gloves today!  Yay!  We had the HVAC guys come out yesterday to do routine maintenance check on the AC unit.  They have a tall utility van and had a bit of time getting into our backyard because of the low hanging limbs from the Sycamore tree. So this morning we decided it was time to do a little pruning.  That little pruning turned into a whole project of yard clean-up.  We also have Hawthorns and had some branches from it in a pile to be picked up.  Hence, the gloves to handle those things.  Worked nice for the other work too.  But, when it comes to gardening I can't stand wearing them.  I need to 'feel' what I am doing.  I also read somewhere it is good to get your hands in the dirt so all the more reason not to wear them, right?  haha!  Anyway, wound up with a truck load of yard debris to haul off to the landfill.  By the time we stopped at the farm store and then to eat, it was after 2pm when we got home.

Nice chat with my brother this evening.

Got an email from someone today.  She was commenting on what happened in Chattanooga.  Said she thought that since this was the Bible Belt, bad things  just didn't happen here.   I told her if that were the case, what happened in Eden then, should not have happened either since God actually walked among men in those days and everything was perfect there.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1051 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for gloves!  That sounds like a lot of work - funny how those little projects turn into major projects.

And I love your response!  Terrible things happen everywhere, funny someone would think they don't (not funny ha ha, funny odd).

Think I've been working too hard.  Got home about 7 last night and was in bed by 8 and slept straight through until 5 this morning.  That hardly ever happens.

Looking forward to the weekend, even if I have to work on Saturday.  Seems like a really long week.  Off to find something for breakfast, I forgot dinner last night.

funny-cat-pictures-lolcats-im-awake.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1052 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds like your body had had enough and demanded to be put to bed.  Glad you got all the much needed sleep and hope you had a good breakfast to start your day. 

I have an appt. for an ultrasound tomorrow.  No biggy.  Just don't want to do it.

Finally got a little rain so did not have to water tonight! Yay!  We may actually have a morning temperature in the low 70's for a change.  Does sound like we will be in the furnace again by Saturday.

Watched Erin Brockovich tonight.  I have seen it before but it is such a good movie.

Message 1053 of 3,155
latest reply

I loved that movie - may have to watch it again now.

Have fun at the ultrasound.  At least it's not one of those yucky tests you have to drink weird stuff for.  See there's a bright spot!

Looks like a cool, raining weekend and then back to hot.  We could use the rain here though - haven't had enough of it this summer.

Thinking if I get in early today and work really, really hard I won't have to go into the office this weekend.  It could happen.

Goof off day for you!  What fun stuff do you have planned?

b290ae669305baac7d54c823690ae1f8.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1054 of 3,155
latest reply

That little guy looks an awful lot like an ewok, don't you think?

What does an ewok have in his ear?  Ewax.

Really did not do much this goof-off day.  Had the appt., went to Target and came home.  DH was having a huge puter problem...  Weekend plans have all changed.   I will probably 'work' (ha) in the doll room instead.  Need to get more dolls ready for consignment.  Not sure how much longer I'm going to do that since they have raised the % of their take on your items.  It was 25%, now 35%. I'm just relieved that I am almost done with my clean-out.

Fingers crossed  you won't have to go in to work tomorrow.

Message 1055 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh,............ it must be Saturday.

Myah is so used to the phart blaster.  When I aim it at her she just looks at me as though I'm some sort of fool.

Message 1056 of 3,155
latest reply

Message 1057 of 3,155
latest reply

That is so cute!

I groaned at your joke - that was really bad Shirls.

Ended up sleeping all weekend - got a massive sinus infection, yuck.  Really don't want to go to work today but have to.  Waaaa!

In fact, I need to be out the door like 20 minutes ago.  Going to be one of those weeks.  But I'm tough - I can handle it!

funny-animal-pictures-dumpaday-86.jpg

Message 1058 of 3,155
latest reply

Hahaha!!  And I have another one of those jokes too.......I knew you would love it!

And how does an ewok cross the road????            ewalks

Oh I don't like sinus infections.  When I used to get them, usually had to go to the doc for antibiotics to get rid of it.  Those upper sinuses are too close to the brain to mess with an infection like that.  JMOP

Bet you did not feel like being at work either.   I think I am figuring that out about you.....being toughSmiley Wink

I'm hoping this week goes by fast....then again...maybe not.  Guess I am being indecisive tonight.

Had a fly bugging me a bit ago.  One of those hangy kind.....finally got him!!  Yay!!

Message 1059 of 3,155
latest reply

That is bad Shirls.  Really, really bad.  I like you!

Yeah, I got antibiotics and I hate taking those too.  Grumpy aren't I?

A hanging fly?  I'm confused.  Not an unusual state for me.

Puppy is driving me nuts this morning.  She is absolutely convinced there is something in the heating/cooling ducts and whining at them.  She gets weirdly obsessive like that - we had to screw all the floor vents down because she would pull them out of the floor and Q (when he was smaller) would get down in the duct work.  Q can't get into them now, for which I am thankful!

Looked at the schedule.  I think I can take a day off in October.  Unless I sneak one in during the boss's vacation.

26bd13a3.jpg

Message 1060 of 3,155
latest reply

hahahahaha......Not a HANGING fly, but HANGY one, you know, the kind that seem to have a problem flying around, so they fly close to you....maybe land right under your eye, under your glasses or maybe plop right in your pop corn and can't seem to muster the strength to get out? Smiley Tongue

Hey, you know how an ewok cooks dinner?..................ewoks

Wonder what pup thinks is down there?  Must hear and feel the wind coming out of the vents and figures something is down there causing it.  Or maybe you got one of those creepy, hangy flies buzzing around down there; one that is about to kick the bucket.

Oh, but I hate a sinus infection worse...what comes out the nostrils is not pleasant and WHERE does it all come from?????

Message 1061 of 3,155
latest reply

Groan.

Okay - now I got it!  Those annoying flies!

And yeah, I think changes in weather make the duct work make noise and worries her.  Silly pup.

Starting to feel better - this is miserable, just want to sleep.

Going to be hot today.  Hope my repaired a/c at work is up to it.

8af51a33.jpg

Message 1062 of 3,155
latest reply

Come blazing in on your ewok!!! Only way to enter Mordor....

Ach! 

Is it Friday yet?

I just honestly have nothing to say.

Message 1063 of 3,155
latest reply

I left Shirls speechless!  I win!

Supposed to be high 90s for the next few days and only down to mid-70s at night.  Only for a week or so and then we may be back to our usual weather.  Think I'll get all my outdoor stuff done early this weekend and spend the day inside doing... nothing!  Or very little.  Sounds like a weekend plan to me.

My pet goose at work brought one of his kids to say good morning to me yesterday.  Guess he's showing off the baby.

Hope you have a great day full of wonderful discoveries and sparkles!

And just to make you groan:

Just+animals+00001.jpg

Message 1064 of 3,155
latest reply

Awwww significant otter is so cute!!!  Isn't that just the sweetest?

And I think your pet goose bringing one of his kids to meet you is just as sweet!!  (or maybe he was pointing out:  "...son, you gotta watch this one"):smileyvery-happy:

Our humidity finally came down to 41% today!  It sure makes a difference.  Temperatures were down a little too, so wasn't too bad of a day out there.  Still in the upper 80's, but that sure beats the 90's with 70% humidity!

Met a lady today who I think is just as crazy about Barbie as I am.  In fact, I think she is the one who has been buying most of my dolls at the consignment shop.  And speaking of Barbie mania, I think the annual Barbie convention is this week-end in VA.  Doesn't seem like it was a year ago I went to the Sales Room to be in a daze looking at all those Barbies in one room.

Message 1065 of 3,155
latest reply