cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Well, that was fun!  Back to work today but the break was nice and always god to have fun times.

Hot is supposed to continue most of the week and maybe start cooling down around Thursday.  Got out early yesterday and cut a bunch of limbs from a tree in the backyard that were hanging over the shed giving the squirrels a nice pathway to the roof of our shed - not a good idea.  And doesn't the thought of me using a chainsaw to clear up branches just terrify you?

In to work early - let's see what kind of rubble I have to clear out.

Oh and Shirls, can you tell me why there was a "cat"apillar on my porch Sunday morning?  Told you to be careful with that fairy dust!

green-cat-caterpillar.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1021 of 3,155
latest reply

I guess i was getting carried away with the fairy dust.  Just couldn't help myself flying over all those people and watching all the glitter along with the spectacular fireworks displays...  It was the first I had tried out the fiber optic bristles on my broom too.  It was just so colorful and exciting!!

AND.......IT IS GETTING THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We have a visitor......

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1022 of 3,155
latest reply

Boo on the visitor!  Didn't you trap and relocate him last year?  Maybe you should have saved some fairy dust?

Running late this morning - go figure.  Got so much freakin' work to do and half the town is on vacation.  What's a girl to do?

funny-pictures-cat-mouse-fail.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1023 of 3,155
latest reply

New skunk 'stinky' this year, Rootie.  This one has a lot of white again like the visitor of 2 years ago.  Glad it has so much white, because it makes it a lot easier to see in the dark!!  Thank goodness for that or I would have been in serious trouble and would have needed to get into the stash of H2O2 and baking soda i bought last year.

We are in a down-pouring of rain right now and the wind is blowing like crazy.

Rootie, all the tuxedo kitty needs is a black mustache and it would be my Sadie. (almost)  Still love those white feet!!  Now I have those little dark brown feet to loveSmiley Happy

Half the town on vacation.....is that good or bad?  Are they all still in town and in need of assistance? haha!  Can't wait to help DH pack.....

Message 1024 of 3,155
latest reply

look how fast stinky can run and turn it's backside towards you.......gaah!!!

the video preceding this one is cute.

Message 1025 of 3,155
latest reply

Have to admit the skunks are cute - but glad you have them and not me!  I'll send you some raccoons too if you want!

Our summers are generally fairly short so people tend to take off a lot to take advantage of them.  Happens every year, really hard to schedule things this time of year.

I like the tuxedos too - Q is such a cutie.  Okay, he's really a weirdo but we don't tell him that.

And off I go - doing the doctor round thing today and, oh yeah, work!  And I stayed up to late watching the game.   But we won!

funny-picture-collection.jpg

Message 1026 of 3,155
latest reply

We got an inch and half of rain last night.  Made for a very muggy, hot day today.

I think kitty sees a mouse!! EEK!  ha!  Big chicken jumped sky-high.  I've seen this very thing and it is funny.

The pet skunks are cute, but the ones that are sneaking around after dark and are 'fully loaded' seem to lose that 'cute' quality Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a busy day!   Tis fun to stay up late once in awhile!

Finally got that referral straightened out.  What a crazy mess, but it's done.

Message 1027 of 3,155
latest reply

Yikes!  That's a lot of rain!  We're supposed to start cooling off to the high 70s tomorrow and they are calling for rain (maybe) this weekend.  Just in time for us to go to the ballgame of course.  But we need the rain - way too early for everything to be this dry.  I had to water the roses this week, I don't recall ever having to water them before August.

I love when cats do that "eek" - very comical.  The Queen doesn't do it nearly as much as Q, but he's a big wussy cat.

In honor of your newfound friend.

hE84A9393.jpg

Message 1028 of 3,155
latest reply

Hahahaha!!!  The one with the white bushy tail is similar to my new friend.  It also has more white on the body too.  The stripes are not as 'distinkz'.  We always have to be on the lookout for it in the early AMS or night time.  I like to go out and have some 'fresh air' before bedtime..snort.

I hear on the news it is pretty dry in your area.  All the fires are a bit unusual there too aren't they?  Hear they are up into Canada as well.  It is not cooling off here at night now.  It was 78* at 6 this morning & the humidity is stifling.  I'll see what it is like in the morning and if it is nasty, I don't think I'll do my run.  Right now it is still 83* and it is 10:30pm.

I have noticed something rather strange around here the past couple of weeks.  Seeing a lot of deer along side of road.  I've been seeing quite a few on the move; crossing the roads early afternoon-time or thereabouts.  Generally, don't see much deer this time of year and certainly not in the afternoons.  They are mostly all does.  Other people have made comments about seeing the same phenomenon and think it strange too.  

I saw a Swallowtail butterfly yesterday.  First one I have seen this year.

I need some new athletic shoes, so tomorrow I am going to look for a pair.  Few sales going on.  The pair I have now are K Swiss and I just love 'em, but they are getting pretty worn.  These are feather-light and make you feel like you need to move along.  In fact, I think it was because of that feeling I started running again so I hope I can find something similar tomorrow.  Ones I have looked at this summer so far, feel like clods on my feet.  I'm hoping to find bright colors too as these are neon green and blueSmiley Happy  Happy feet!!

Message 1029 of 3,155
latest reply

You may keep your weather - that sounds miserable!  At least it's cooling down to the low 60s at night around here.  The fires this early are pretty unusual, they are usually later in the year.  But we didn't get much snow in the mountains over the winter either so it's pretty dry.

I'm due for new shoes too - I'll have to take a look at those.  I hate doing my walks in heavy shoes.  I don't run unless someone is chasing me though.

Wonder what's making the deer come down to civilization?  We've had a couple of bears around this year, closest they've been spotted to my house is about 4 blocks away.  But I've noticed a decrease in coyotes.  Strange.

So glad it's Friday.  Had to shut the office down early yesterday since the construction crew hit a water main and we lost our water.  Will be glad when they finish the construction but they were telling me yesterday it could be another year.  Waaaah!

Got a busy weekend planned - tons of errands, yardwork and a baseball game on Sunday.  May be ready to go back to work Monday just to take a break!

This is a cute Friday cat!

images.jpg

Message 1030 of 3,155
latest reply

No luck in finding K Swiss nor did I find another shoe comparable to these old ones.  Rats!  I tried a BUNCH of shoes too.  Finally 'settled' for a pair that are lighter weight.  The K Swiss has a very good arch support, which I could not find either.  So, what do ya do when you need new shoes?  Buy the next best thing you can find.  Can't think right now what my new shoes are even called(rolls eyes), but I'll have that info next timeSmiley Wink  They are a pretty blue with bright neon pink trim and laces 🙂

Went out to feed the mosquitos tonightSmiley LOL

I'm coloring my hair tomorrow.  That is always fun.  Not sure after that, but I bet I have no problem figuring something out.  Hope you get a lot accomplished this week-end AND enjoy a game too.

Message 1031 of 3,155
latest reply

thought this was cute...

Message 1032 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, that is cute!  Good for a Monday morning.

I like the sound of your new shoes - didn't get out ot look for new ones this weekend but got a ton of other stuff done.  Got a ton of beets and sweet onions from our veggie co-op and roasted them - plenty for dinner and to take for lunch this week. 

Going pink for the hair this time?  Mine's about due, better make sure I have an appointment scheduled.

Went to the game on Sunday - worst ballgame ever.  Disappointing but it was still a beautiful day and a gorgeous ballpark so a good day all in all.

Did get all the braches cut up from the backyard tree that was encroaching on the shed and got some stuff done in the yard.  The weather cooperated - stayed in the 70s so it wasn't too hot out there.  Getting some little spits of rain but not enough to really clear the air.

And it's Monday again - those seem to come around faster and faster.

Oh, and I put a new flea collar on Q and trimmed his nails.  That went about as well as expected.

1469895_239379872853109_1983783256_n.jpg

Message 1033 of 3,155
latest reply

funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-lets-start-with-your-love-life.jpg

Bad attitude Tuesday!

Message 1034 of 3,155
latest reply

No problems here to share.

That cat up there.....wow....litterally going to claw that woman's eyes out.  Bad kitty.

Sorry to leave you stranded Monday, but I fell asleep in the recliner and when I woke up, it was time for bed.  Had a good week-end.  Worked on a doll and had quite a time doing her hair.  Got my own colored without a problem.  It is easier to do now that I have it cut shorter again.  Also had to trim Myah's claws and that did go as expected too, haha!  Genuine wrestling match sometimes.

It has been just ugly hot here.  In the 90's with high humidity and wind on top of that.  Thought we would get rain today, but it passed us by which is a good thing.  Any rain had by anyone was accompanied with hail and tornadoes and wind.  That was just south of us.  This week-end may hit the 100* mark.  It is so hot in the morning because it doesn't cool at night.  It was 80* at 6:30 this morning which made my morning run pretty grueling.  Not sure I should even be doing that at all.  Not real happy with my new shoes, but that is the way it goes sometimes.  At least they match my bike to a 'T'.  Running is not so 'easy' with them and my calf muscles were actually sore this morning.  Didn't wear them today. 

Went to see the Minion movie today.  Was not as good as I thought it would be, but it was cute and had a few chuckles to it.  I did get a Minion toy from McD's Sunday.  The Barbie I have been working on is going to be 'Scarlet' from the minion movie.  Thought it would be cute idea.

Neighbor has been busy catching skunks.  He got one Saturday and another this morning.  Now I know why Stinky was in our yard so much.....they were living under the neighbor's shed.  AACCKK!!  He has a garden he tends to daily and that shed sits right next to it.  He has been lucky not to get the SPRAY job, LOL.  His son wasn't around to help him relocate, so i went with him.  What a hoot!  But what a pretty skunk.  It was almost all solid white; just a little black on the feet, legs and underside.  He went on his way though and paid us no mind. Whew!

Message 1035 of 3,155
latest reply