cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Hey Mud!! 

What a nice surprise!  Glad to have you drop in for a visit.  I think Rootie and I are the only 2 hanging around so have the Park to ourselves.  Seldom to never do we have a visitor.  So, this is our little paridise ha!

You are welcome to send some of your cooler weather down my way and maybe even some of your rain.  It has been hot and very humid in these parts.  So, in a sense have cabin fever here too.  I either do outdoor activities in the morning or in the evening after dinner.

The poison oak is just about gone; dried up.  I had it really bad last year.  The stuff spread almost to every body part and took about 4 weeks to get rid of it.  I don't think I have to even touch it....just come close.  I made a compound this year that has proved to be quite effectiveSmiley Happy  I am also a mosquito magnet and their bite usually leaves a good size red bump.  Had a problem with ticks earlier this year and their bite is even worse.  My immune system launches one hekuva reaction.  There is a gal I know here that can handle(bare handed) all the poisons and not have any reaction. 

Hope your wife is OK now since she got her medicine.

Rootie ~ So glad tomorrow is Friday; 'Goof Off' day for me.  I want to stop by Walgreens and see if they have the Minion bottles of shampoo.  Just have to have one of those!  I wonder how good the Minion movie is going to be?  They are pretty funny, just hope a movie with them and only them won't be over-kill on Minion craziness.  On our next foray, I think I will bring my phart blaster.  I think the thing is hilarious.  So anytime I need a laugh I just come back here and give it a few 'presses' for sound effects.  Myah is already so used to it.  She just has the look that says: "You are a goof".

Hoping your day went the way you wanted and that you will have a free week-end without any worries or things to 'have to do'.  I think I am pretty much ready for the foray.  May have to bring ingredients to make smores.  That is of course if we can find a good place to land and not have to worry about grimrucks or zombies.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1006 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Mud - good to see you!  Shirls is right (as usual), we kind of just hang out here and plot evil.... no we just play!  Really!

Getting out in the boat sounds like fun - haven't spent near enough time on the water this year.  Hopefully your weather improves and you can resume the normal summer funs.

I've already got the house opened up - going to have to close it down early and turn on the a/c today.

You may bring the phart blaster Shirls - can't wait to see the zombies drop a part or two!  Hm... I think I have a phart alert on my phone (courtesy of teenage nephew).  We could have fun with that.

People really need to learn how to drive.  There's a roundabout on my way to work and it gets all backed up because these people haven't figured out that you yield to the LEFT in a roundabout.  It's really not a hard concept.  Ok, that's my morning rant.

Off to work, let's see how much havoc and discontent I can sow!

v596.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1007 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh yes to the evil plots!! Woman MadSmiley Very Happy  Never gave it much thought before, but we ARE the only 2 in this 'group'.  Maybe we are exiles?  snort.

I can't stand round abouts because the ones I have been in seem like a free-for-all.

Had a nice thunderstorm this afternoon.  Cooled us off to a wonderful 72*!!  Yay!  Perfect foray weather.  Not supposed to be  hot tomorrow either...I think will be in the 70's..whew!

Message 1008 of 3,155
latest reply

Exiles, exotics, extraterrestrials - it's all good!

Ok, now that the practice run is done I think we're good for the big 4th foray.  I think your broom needs the brakes adjusted though - you stopped awfully close to that tree!

Busy weekend - got a ton of stuff done.  Had some rain and thunderstorms last night and it is sprinkling this morning but that's supposed to go away and we'll be in the 80s most of the week.  I'll take it.  Of course I was mopping the floor at 4:30 a.m. because I had to go get the pup who was barking at a raccoon and stepped all over the berries being droppsed by the tree over the patio.  Such fun.  I trimmed that tree last year so the branches weren't over the patio but the dumb things grew back.

Going to be a fun week - short week, nice weather means nobody will want to work.  Including me.

no-coffee-funny-animal-pictures.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1009 of 3,155
latest reply

Isn't he cute with his nose curled up like that????  I could have him accompany me on my walks.

When you have a sonic broom it takes practice to get those stops just right, but I'm ready for the 4th.  I love flying at night and with all the fireworks up there I think it will be awesome!

I'm thinking I need a little night time snack....mebbe a few pistachios will be good.

Message 1010 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah, he would keep the stray animals away during your walks!

I have no doubt you will have the stops down pat for the big foray.  Then again, do we really need brakes?

Had a nice day yesterday - actually got work done and everything.  Amazing.

Pistachios sound good.  I think all I have right now are almonds. But they are wasabi flavored!

And off to work I go.

Just look at these cuties!

animal-memes-baby-alpacas.jpg

Message 1011 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh they are the sweetest little bundles of wool/fur/hair.  Them and baby goats!

Kudos on actually getting something done at work, ha!  Did you have a repeat performance of that today?

I think I'm going to put DH on my broom and set the GPS for Mars.  No brakes, no turns, nada.

Message 1012 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie, you need one of these.  I know I want one....

watch the little brown/black one with white band around the middle...

Message 1013 of 3,155
latest reply

I want a baby goat!!!

And too funny on dh - will you at least send some pistachios with him?

Going to be a short day at work today - have an early afternoon appointment that will keep me out of the office the rest of the day.  So of course today is the day I decide to sleep in to 5 a.m.

Hot, hot, hot around here.  I like it.

Better get my behind in gear and get to work.  Blech.

funny talking dogs-5.jpg

Message 1014 of 3,155
latest reply

Better give that dog a bowl of coffee ASAP because he looks rather demonicCat Mad

I have 2 referrals giving me a big headache!  How they get so messed up is beyond me and the time spent on the phone to correct the errors is shameful.  I'm booting DH off the broom and sending myself instead.

I bet grocery shopping tomorrow will be more like a morning spent at the zoo.

Went to one of those farm stores today.  Happened to look at all the baby chicks and just had to walk away.Smiley Sad  A man said that he and his dad purchased a coop and 20 baby chicks.  Within 4 days, all the chicks died.

Think I am going to go play with my phart blaster.  I bought 2 bottles of shampoo at Walgreens.  The bottles look like Minions.  While I am shopping tomorrow, going to check General Mills' cereal to see if they have the Minion toys in the boxes.  Can't have enough minion stuff.

Message 1015 of 3,155
latest reply

I'll have to look for the minions shampoo - those things are so cute!

Can I go with you on the broom?  I could use a nice long vacation.

Had to start watering early this year - usually don't need to this early but it's been so dry and hot that my roses were starting to look sad.

Did you remember to get the magical mosquito repellant from the fairies?

Lots to do today but then 3 whole days of not even thinking of the office (yeah, right).

Everyone needs kitten therapy!

1461617_640182352687415_165891458_n.jpg

Message 1016 of 3,155
latest reply

Running late and got to hit the hay.  Big day tomorrow....it's Goof Off day ya know!

Sure you can come along...the more the merrier.  Besides it's a very long flightSmiley Very Happy

The shampoo was at Walgreens.  Don't remember if I mentioned that or not and too hurried to look, ha!

Have a terrific week-end and hope all is well.

I may peek in now and then.

Message 1017 of 3,155
latest reply

Funny-Animal-77.jpg

Message 1018 of 3,155
latest reply

Today was such a chill day, I thought it was Saturday!!

Message 1019 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah for chill day!

Meet you at the usual spot just before dusk.  This is going to be a blast!

Funniest_Memes_ready-to-party-check_6728.jpeg

Message 1020 of 3,155
latest reply