cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

The 2 dolls.  I like them too...one is Flashdance and the other Cyndi Lauper.  I have Cher somewhere.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 961 of 3,155
latest reply

Wasn't long enough but that was fun!  I knew I could count on you!

I have a whole list of stuff to get done over the long weekend.  Let's see if any of it actually gets done.  I swear they put extra days in the work week leading up to the 3 day weekends.

The Queen is non-plussed.  Her laser light toy died.  I will get her a new one today but she's going to be really upset when she finds out we're dog sitting this weekend.  She does not like the little dogs.  Oh, the horror!

So much to get done today - better get at it.

h9D23806C.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 962 of 3,155
latest reply

Oops!  Was the foray on a Thursday too much for you Shirls?  Maybe we should stick to weekends only or make them dry if we do them during the week.

Had spare dogs this weekend - puppies are a lot of work and take a lot of time.  I was glad to see the puppy go, even though she is adorable and sweet and funny.

Back to work today.  Do I have to???  I need about 3 more days off.

hAA491256.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 963 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Rootie!

Nah, forays are always a blast and ready to go again!  I just took a computer breather.

Puppies are a lot of work.  I remember when we got Ginger.  She was actually too little; 5 weeks old.  Never do that again even though yes, they are cute as can be!

Had a nice week end though it rained most of day yesterday.  Went to favorite chinese restaurant and came home to watch American Sniper.  Good movie!

Now just like that, I need to poof!  Time for bed.

How in the world can that cat sleep like that?!

Message 964 of 3,155
latest reply

I keep meaning to watch that movie - must put on list.

Some bug got me - felt like cwap yesterday.  Came home and went straight to bed and slept until 4 a.m.  Must have needed it.

Glad to hear the foray didn't sideline you.  I think the next one is into zombie territory so heed the wise advice.

h9D4FB781.jpg

Message 965 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh my!  Cats really do have big mouths and it is no wonder after a good old tom cat fight, they get pretty chewed up.

I didn't have much pep today.  So weird because can feel so good the prior day and bam!  Feel like brains are leaking out. ha!

Maybe I need one of those early nights to bed.  Once in a blue moon I will go to bed  at 7:30-8:00 and sleep until morning.  Wake up feeling refreshed too.

Just have things going on and you know how that sort of stuff can gnaw at you.  It's back home stuff.....again.

Message 966 of 3,155
latest reply

They do have big mouths don't they?  I used to have an old tom that had scars all over his head and none on his behind.  Vet said he never ran from a fight in his life!

I have those days where I'll be going along full of pep and then BOOM! want to go to bed at 7 and sleep all night long.

Gorgeous weather - up to about 80, I love it.  Been having fun watching the baby ducks and geese on the lake.  Got to figure out what some of the other birds are - have to get pics and google them.

Best thing to do for problems nagging at you is do something totally engrossing and new so it all gets pushed to the back of your head.  And then out the hole in the back on your head (sorry, couldn't resist!).

h49AF7638.jpg

Message 967 of 3,155
latest reply

@a_rootie_tootie wrote:

They do have big mouths don't they?  I used to have an old tom that had scars all over his head and none on his behind.  Vet said he never ran from a fight in his life!

I have those days where I'll be going along full of pep and then BOOM! want to go to bed at 7 and sleep all night long.

Gorgeous weather - up to about 80, I love it.  Been having fun watching the baby ducks and geese on the lake.  Got to figure out what some of the other birds are - have to get pics and google them.

Best thing to do for problems nagging at you is do something totally engrossing and new so it all gets pushed to the back of your head.  And then out the hole in the back on your head (sorry, couldn't resist!).

h49AF7638.jpg

I like what the vet said!

I like what you said!   The two put together is a win winSmiley Wink

Message 968 of 3,155
latest reply

I won! I won!  Wait, what did I win?

Supposed to be nice this weekend so the neighbor is going to help me clean dead branches out of the cherry tree and I have a whole list of outside chores to do. 

I love Fridays.

hA976D575.jpg

Message 969 of 3,155
latest reply

I always like Fridays!  I think I will like tomorrow too.  Going out of town to the Farmer's Market and then to the Indian food store.  I love looking around in there and it always smells so good because of the spices.

I enjoy doing yard stuff even when it gets to be a little hard work and you get dirty.   That shower afterwards always feels soooo good!

The next door neighbor(to our west)had 4 older bradford pear trees that lined the driveway.   He cut them ALL down!  It just looks so ugly now because it is wide open space, can see the street, and houses.  Worst part of it is, the trees used to block the late afternoon sun.  He claimed they were full of ticks.  I told him it was probably the grass that had grown 3 feet tall in the yard next to his.  Part of it was his to mow, he just never did it.   I bet he will regret later having done it because those trees kept the sun OFF his house later in the day.  Oh well, not MY problemSmiley Wink

Have a good week-end Rootie!

Message 970 of 3,155
latest reply

I love the smell of Indian food!  I have a friend who is a chef at an Indian restaurant and he always smells so good.

We went to the Farmers Market on Saturday - got beets, small walla walla onions, strawberries, cherries, I forget what else.  I love wandering around the market and it was a beautiful day for it.  Then went to the ballgame yesterday - 12 innings and we lost.  But it was fun.  Rain supposed to come back in this week so I figured we should enjoy the weather while we could.

Always sad to see big old trees go away.  It looks so bare.

Someone gave me gorgeous flowers Saturday, makes me happy to see them in the cupboard (have to keep them away from Q) although I'd rather not have to keep them locked up!

Funny-Cats-Funny-Cat-Picture-002-FunnyPica.com_.jpg

Message 971 of 3,155
latest reply

Going to be a long day today so I figured we could use a laugh!

tabby-tuesday-funny-cat-photo__10-600x399.0.jpg

Message 972 of 3,155
latest reply

If I could kudo 'pot meet kettle' twice I would!! bwahahaha!!  Good one!  Little plant trimmer is pretty cute too.

I was on the puter last night but the power went off twice! grrrrrrrr.  After the second time I said forget it, got off and stayed off.  Don't know what was going on.

It has been fairly cool here the last 2 days.  Down into the 50's at night and only 60's for a high during the day which I don't mind one bit!

I'll be glad when I get through with tomorrow.  Then have to wait for the report.  But i am going to have a great week-end and am looking forward to some alone-time.  Maybe it's time to dust off the turntable and pull out a few albums.  Albums.  When was the last time you heard that word???

Message 973 of 3,155
latest reply

Internet issues yesterday - throws off my whole morning!

I'm sorry now that I didn't keep any of my records.  I love my Ipod but kind of miss the old turntable.

Supposed to get close to 90 this weekend.  Be nice after a week of rain and low temps.

Hate waiting for results.  Never seem to get done as fast as I want them to.  But hooray for alone time weekends!  sometimes you just need it.

And it's Friday eve!  I think I need a vacation.

hF98073BF.jpg

Message 974 of 3,155
latest reply

Friday 'tude!

h60BF6F0D.jpg

Message 975 of 3,155
latest reply