cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Late again this morning - ARGH!  woke up at 2:30 convinced it was Saturday.  It's not.

Oh well, happy Friday!

funny-cat-and-computer-mouse-01.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 916 of 3,155
latest reply

Cats and string and cordsSmiley Tongue

Glad I'm not the only one who wakes up to find you are in the wrong day.  I'm also very glad it wasn't Saturday today because that would mean at this very moment, the weekend would already be half gone!  Phew!!

Library is having a sale on books tomorrow so I think I'll check it out.

Have a good(full) week-end Rootie!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 917 of 3,155
latest reply

So did you find some good books?  I love book sales.

Was a busy weekend.  The visiting puppy managed to escape the yard (still haven't figured out how) and set off a nice long search.   Some nice person trapped the pup in their yard around the corner from us.  Apparently they were leaving because no one was home but idiot pup was behind their chain link fence.  Guess they figured someone would come looking for her!  Thank God for nice neighbors!

Short work week this week - heading south for adopted grandmother's memorial service this weekend.  So much to do in the meantime!

Worked on teaching the cats to do the laundry this weekend.  They still are having problems with the temperature settings.

the cats.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 918 of 3,155
latest reply

I'LL be back......Smiley LOL

Message 919 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, Shirls is up to something mysterious.

No worries pal, I won't mention what you're up to even though I know it involves brooms in your secret lab and super charging.

Oops.

funny-pictures-cat-bag.jpg

Message 920 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley LOL  Bwahahaha!!!   Best broom yet!

I'll be back!!

Message 921 of 3,155
latest reply

Getting in really late tonight.  Watched a program on NPT, 8-10pm. 

I guess the cat is out of the bag.  I have been working on more broom modifications.  Ever heard of fiber optic broom bristles? These are the heat I tell ya!!  Not finished with the installation yet.  When I do I will let you know so maybe you could get them too.

Cool weather around here, but the days are nice!  I like it this way as can work outside in comfort; not too hot, not too cold.  I have some plants I want to get in the ground and though it is not freezing, it does dip into the low 40's and the days are somewhat cloudy.  Highs in the 60's.  After my walks I mess about in the yard for about an hour checking my flower beds, moving pots out, checking on all the birds(like I really need to do that)we have around here.  Many are nesting and some have babies.  Have a pair of brown thrashers that I would like keep around.  Found one of their babies on the ground.  Not sure what happened to it, but had the appearance of having been scalded or something.  Didn't know what to do for that one.  Crows have been invading a few nests and though I don't care for Grackles, they are the only ones who will chase or try to defend other birds' nests.  The wrens are up to their nosy business as usual.  Not seeing much of the chipmunk for the past week.  Grackles invade her food stash no matter where we put it and she does NOT like those birds.  I don't know if she has left us or is just staying down below during the cooler weather.

Been working on a little play kitchen set to take to the consignment shop.  Oh is it ever cute!  Had to replace a couple of things and do some 'primping' on it.  Some little girl will be happy to get that!  Also thinning more of the doll herd.  I need the space and many I just don't really care for anymore.  Sticking with vintage Barbie and some reproductions.  When have a doll collection, a person manages to also acquire LOTS of clothes & accessories, furniture, many items to complete a diorama, vehicles, houses, pets, you name it.  A lot of **bleep** so to speak no matter how neat it may look in pictures or whatever.  Seems I have not been able to fully enjoy this collection for a while now because I spend more time getting them ready to sell than anything else.  Don't mention time....as I never seem to have enough of it to do all the things I want, let alone things I NEED to do.  It's crazy.  There was a mention of going on a far away trip and to be honest; been on the trip before and it just about did me in.  I think i would rather hang out around here and relax.  Peace and quiet would be nice, yes!

Message 922 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh - I want a play kitchen and a fiber optic broom and a Barbie and, and, and....!

Don't you love the wildlife?  I was watching a mommy duck trying to herd about 10 ducklings (it was hard to count, they move fast) around the lake yesterday - so cute!

Tons of work getting ready to head out for a long weekend.  Thought I had it all under control and a bunch got dumped on me late yesterday. Boo!

cat2_thumb[3].jpg

Message 923 of 3,155
latest reply

You must have gone back in time ( in the thread).  Kitty on top of the door looks like a trouble maker, ha!

Another beautiful day!  Found the little Brown Thrasher bird in the flower bed.  He is no longer with us, poor little guy.  I did not think he would survive the type of injury he had to his head.  Still can't figure out what could have happened.  It really did look like a burn or scald.

It is amazing how many babies ducks have.  I bet that was pretty cute watching momma and her brood.  A week or so ago on the news there were 10 baby ducks that had fallen into the sewer drain and needed rescuing.

Loaded up the fun little kitchen so can take it to the store tomorrow.  Bummer.  I looked at some listings here for the same thing and FOGG!

A long weekend sounds good.  Hopefully can relax.  I seem to have a problem being able to do that.  I have to be on the move all the time doing something.  What's up with that?  I think I'll mention it to the doc next time I see her.

Message 924 of 3,155
latest reply

Poor little birdie.  Wonder how that happened?

I suspect it will not be a relaxing weekend - I received the itinerary this morning and lots of family stuff planned.  It will be good to see everyone, of course.  Don't tell any one, but we are actually coming back Sunday night and I took Monday off for recovery purposes.  Let's see if it actually works.

My brain gets going with all I need to get done and then I can't sit still and relax, so I know how you feel.  Problem is when there's so much that nothing actually gets accomplished, if you know what I mean.

Tons of work to get done, I should get off my butt and go do it.

Funny-cat-animal-humor-34773522-500-325.jpg

Message 925 of 3,155
latest reply

DH found another brown thrasher baby in the back yard.  Had the same type injury to it too but not as bad.  It did not survive either.  Thing of it is, there are not that many thrashers around here. 

OK, sounds like we need to slow our brains down.  I hate it when I am doing something and thinking about the next thing I have to do.  I generally wind up trying to do both and it just doesn't work because I will find something I didn't get done.

Won't tell a soul.  Taking Monday for recovery purposes sounds like a great idea cause you will probably need it.  Hope you have a fun time.

I had a little piece of chocolate chess pie today.  Ho was it ever delicious!!  Never had chocolate chess pie before.

Evil sith lord is too cute. 

Message 926 of 3,155
latest reply

Running late!  Haven't even packed!

Didn't get home from work until after 8 last night - all that last minute stuff, ya know?

Better get moving.  Have a great weekend!

h4B2F9F5E.jpg

Message 927 of 3,155
latest reply

Just do what they do on the soap operas............they can be packed and gone in minutes flat!   Maybe that has changed, I don't know.  Have not watched the soaps since 1986.

1)  Grab suitcase, throw on bed. (it opens as it flies to the bed).

2) Grab a handful of this and that and the other from your dresser, closet, bathroom, and toss in the case.

3) Never mind anything else and run out the door.

Ya think your DH could ride on the broom with you?

Wishing you safe travels and good time!

I'm going to do some planting this week-end.

Message 928 of 3,155
latest reply

I am dog tired.  From about 9AM to 1PM I planted hostas, pepper, and tomatoe plants.  Turned the soil with a shovel.  Have to mix garden soil in this nasty clay and it takes awhile.  It was nice this morning because the birds were all singing.  It's work but it was fun and now I'm tired:-)  I just love this time of year.  From April to mid June I love my yard.  After that.............

Message 929 of 3,155
latest reply

That sounds like a ton of work but it's always so gratifying to see it done!  I've got a ton of stuff to do in the yard and this coming weekend is supposed to be really nice.

Oh, and I'm back!  Long trip, but good to see family and it was a nice memorial service.

I've already peeked at my email this morning and it looks like I have a ton of work to do - that's what I get for taking a 4 day weekend.

I never watched soap operas except when I was very little and watched with my grandmother.  Just never got into them.  But I do envy people who pack everything so perfectly - I just kind of tossed a bunch of stuff in there.  At least I remembered all the chargers for the electronics.  And my flat iron (which we had to turn around to come back and get).  I think shoes take up the majority of the space in my suitcase.

Better get at it.  And since it's Monday on a Tuesday,

7124a6ee16d4994da20e1db5e3133e56.jpg

Message 930 of 3,155
latest reply