cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

I reread my post.  I sound so negativeSmiley Surprised.  Sorry Rootie, I'll be sure to remove the cob before I post next time.Woman Mad ha!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 871 of 3,155
latest reply

You get to be negative once a week Shirls! 

I spent the weekend running, running, running...  Just had a bunch of stuff to do and what I wanted to do was stay in my jammies and putter around the house.  Oh well, there's always next weekend.

We're already up in the mid-50s but it's supposed to start raining again tomorrow.  Guess I'll have to mow the front lawn tonight if it's going to get done this week.

Trying to get our guest room straightened out - seems like "stuff" keeps accumulating in there.  It's become the black hole for junk.

Still comparing sound systems.  Just deciding whether to upgrade to the super-duper, ultra deluxe broom at the same time. 

And I hear yoga helps get rid of your negativity - this little guy told me so.

flexible-kitty.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 872 of 3,155
latest reply

I pretty much stayed a home-body this weekend.  Esp. Saturday.  I did spend a lot of time organizing that doll room.  It does look a lot better.  Thing of it is, that room is supposed to be the guest room too.  Not only are the dolls in there, but it does seem that other 'stuff' ends up in there as well.  I did part with some items that will be going to the thrift store.  Sure made a difference in the appearance of the room.  Also a little more room in there.  Now just so I don't get the idea those empty spaces need to be filled with somethingSmiley Surprised  I know what would help......a couple of episodes of hoarders will help nip any of those ideas in the bud.

What a beaut of a day today!  I think we pushed 70*.  So was able to drag all the potted plants back outside.  I don't think it will be long before we need to mow too.   When I do my walk in the mornings I noticed there has been a lot of mowing going on.  I'm so surprised that with the snow, cold, and more cold so late in the winter, that we have greened up as much as we have.  Dandelions have started to bloom too all of a sudden-like.  Our brown thrashers showed up this week-end too.  It's kind of cool to see birds that have adopted your yard as home, return in the spring.

That kitteh makes my neck hurt!!

Message 873 of 3,155
latest reply

The rain stayed away yesterday and it was a gorgeous day!  Took the pup out for a nice long walk when I got home and everyone is sprucing up their yards - Spring is coming, Spring is coming!

Yeah, don't want to fill in those empty spaces in the guest room with anything like, you know, a guest!

We don't get many returning birds in our yard I don't think.  The dog chases them off.  We do have bunnies though and there appear to be more of them this year.  Wonder how that happens?

Is it really only Tuesday?  Feels like it should be Thursday at least.  There I go, trying to rush things again.

Heading to a memorial service the end of April and trying to find a new pet sitter, my regular one isn't available.  Sis is going too so have to plan for 5 animals - yikes!  At least we pay well.

In my quest to get organized I bought a label maker.

funny-cat-forehead-label-angry.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 874 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh please don't try to rush things!  It goes by fast enough for me already.

Ever had blackened yellow squash?  That is what we had tonite.  There is blackened corn and fire roasted tomatoes, but nothing like blackened yellow squash.  Easy to make too.  Just set your good skillet on high burner and forget you left it on highSmiley Surprised  Couldn't believe I did that.  Did catch it before all was lost, so wasn't really that bad....ahem.

Another nice day here.  Made it to mid-70's.  Thunderstorms with golf-ball size hail in southwest part of the state.  Boohiss!!!!  Just keep keepin' away from here.

We have a lot of bunnies too and I think i know how that happens.  Myah watches them at night.  She likes to go to the window before she comes to bed.  I know there is action out there when she runs from window to window.  I just had to get up to see what was going on.......that is what was going on...snort.

Message 875 of 3,155
latest reply

So, Shirls likes to watch the bunnies doing their nocturnal thing... weirdo!  <giggle>

Never tried blackening squash - will have to try it.  I blacken fish often, love that!

I realized last night that we have 3 animals and six pet blankies.  Why do the animals get more beds than the people?  Of course Lord Q's favorite blankie is the one right next to the dog's blankie and has to be right where the people walk.  If I move it out of the way he drags it right back.  Who is in charge here?

We had pouring rain and thunderstorms last night and expect more of the same today.  Was kind of fun to watch but wish it had let up before the commute home.

But the good news is that baseball season starts next week!  Hooray!

And look at this cute face!

funny-cat-pictures-lolcats-make-sure-you-read-instructions-300x225.jpg

Message 876 of 3,155
latest reply

Myah needs to learn to drag her blankie around.  Sounds so cute!

We did some weed and feed spray in the yard this afternoon.  I don't think our dandelion problem is as bad as it was last year, so maybe if we stay on it, will have fewer each year.  Everyone is so busy in their yards right now.  Ours needs mowing too; just don't want to start that habit just yet.

Sounds as though we may be in for some rain Friday along with thunderstorms.  Then a cool front passes through with another frost Saturday night.  It did get pretty warm today.  I think we topped out at 79* 

I need to get a new birdbath.  Have had this one for 20+ years and it is developing some cracks so won't hold water.  Have used some stuff to seal it, but that is no longer working.  It is a humungus cement 2-piece thing that weighs a ton.  I used to be able to move it around but I am not as muscular as used to be.  I have seen some really pretty ceramic ones, but not sure that is what i want.  I know will never find another pure cement one made as good as the old one.

Argh.  Tomorrow is grocery shop day.  I think I'll put in for a 2 week vacation to do absolutely nothingSmiley Happy

Message 877 of 3,155
latest reply

Will you pick up my groceries too please?  And deliver them?  Thanks, you're a doll!

We got moss killer down last week - ended up with a ton of that stuff over the winter.  Go figure.

In to work early today - got deadlines.  Almost Friday.

I swear my cats actually think like this.

funny-pictures-cat-wonders-why-you-are-mad.jpg

Message 878 of 3,155
latest reply

Tried to deliver your groceries on the broom but at sonic speed they all flew off.  I think I lost them over Utah somewhereSmiley Very Happy

Everything should green up and grow like crazy now because we sure had a lot of nitrogen fixing go on around here today!

Love the cat hiding in the sink at the vet's office!!!   He thinks he can't be seen but he needs to flatten his ears a bit more. 

Tomorrow is Friday!!  GOOF OFF day alert!!!

Message 879 of 3,155
latest reply

Blast - we gotta get that transporter fixed again!

Yeah, my cats hae always been of the opinion that if they can't see me I can't see them.  Never mind the tail or paw sticking out!

One more work day and then a goof off type day - hooray!  Of coure, now I have to do my own shopping.

Oh well, better get at it!  And at 5 I will be doing the happy dance!

cat_happy_tgif - Copy.jpg

Message 880 of 3,155
latest reply

I don't know what kind of day you would call this one.  It rained off and on the entire day.  Seemed like about every 30 minutes it would rain, be windy, and have lots of lightening strikes.  Did PT in the basement this morning which was OK.  Just do more floor exercises, a little weights, and then run in big circles.  If I open the door between the basement and garage it does give me some room to walk or run.  Sounds corny I know, but it works.

Gave Myah a good hair brushing and nail trim today.  She loves getting brushed.  I think she knows it helps her to rid herself of hair that she won't have to contend with.  Nail trimming is a little bit of wrestlng match, but not too bad really.  She just hates oral hygiene.  After finishing Myah, I painted my toenails for the first time this season.  Painted them 'Flamingo'.  Woo hoo!!

I may have to close the windows pretty soon.  It is getting a bit chilly outdoors.  We did hit 80* yesterday.  By morning it will be in the mid-30's.  That is why we were having all this stormy weather.  Warm and cold air collision going on up above.  It will be nicer tomorrow so hoping I can get out for a little freedom & fun.

Have fun getting those groceries.........

Message 881 of 3,155
latest reply

3fteasterbunny.JPG

Pirate......Easter Bunny......Pirate.......Easter Bunny......

Message 882 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the pirate Easter Barbie!  What a cutie!

We've been chilly but dry so I got a couple of nice long walks in with the pup.  And ran, ran, ran, all weekend.   I swear I'm going to go hide in a hotel one weekend soon!  Really, I am.

I have a treadmill for days I can't get outside, haven't been using it much lately but it's nice when I need it.  Between that, the weights and bands I can get a decent workout in in the garage if needed but I much prefer being able to get out.

Opening day of baseball today!  I think I may have to start feeling ill around 12:30 since opening pitch is at 1:10.  Seriously.  Cough, cough.

funny-cat-fur-mustache-eyebrows-face.jpg

Message 883 of 3,155
latest reply

She is cute isn't she?  That is why I have a hard time parting with her.  Too much fun.

Had a wonderful Easter day!  Weather was perfect although a little chilly early in the morning.  Afternoon was gorgeous.  Went to a park nearby and looked at all the wildflowers that were in bloom.  Some I had never seen before but it was awesome!

Busy day today.  Even hemmed up some bling jeans I had cut to make nickers. (can't think of the modern name for them right at the moment).  I'll think of it when I sign out!!Smiley Mad

Love the cat!  Foxy looking isn't he?

Message 884 of 3,155
latest reply

Capris maybe?

Did sneak out of the office to watch the baseball game - shame on me.  But it was a good game and we won so I'm not feeling too guilty.

My lilac tree is really going nuts this year - it is gorgeous.  Put the a/c in the bedroom already since the junipers are putting out tons of pollen already and I am highly allergic.  Maybe it will be a short allergy season.  One can hope.

Guess I'd better get into work and make up for yesterday.  The price for playing hookie!

h1742FFFA.jpg

Message 885 of 3,155
latest reply