cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

It did nothing but rain all day.  Temp hung around 34*.  With all the snow and ice on the ground, it made it hard for all the water to drain properly.  The drainage ditch back of our property is full.  Our back yard is a slush pond all the way up to back of the garage.  Since the water can't flow/ drain as it should, it is coming in under our garage doors so the garage floor is covered in water.

We finally got mail today.  you would think after a whole week of no mail, there would be more than a few pieces.  DH said he was expecting a box.  Not sure why he had not been checking the tracking, but looked today and according to that, the package was sent out for delivery on the 18th.  on the 19th it said a notice was left in our box to call PO for arrangements to pick up.  On the 20th, it says 'recipient' unavailable and package would be sent back to sender.  Lies.  There were no attempts to deliver...there were no deliveries. Period.  Can't call the PO to talk to anyone because for past 3 days get the perpetual buisy signal, morning, noon, afternoon.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 826 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, that sounds like miserable weather Shirls.  Must be time for our foray some place warm!

That sounds about right on the mail.  Sheesh.  We watched the mail truck come the other day, waited until he finished delivering, went to get the mail and had a notice for a package saying they couldn't deliver it.  We were standing right there!  Guy didn't even get out of his truck to try to deliver it.  Granted, he was running late, but stil....

It was not too bad weather-wise this weekend so I got some yardwork done.  During the winter they only pick up our yard bins every other week but starting in March they do it every week and my plan is to have it full every time.  Let's see how I do.

Going to be a long week.  Lots of deadlines - boo!  At least I slept some last night so I'm bright eyed and cheerful this morning.  Like this guy!

funny-pictures-morning-mocking-cat.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 827 of 3,155
latest reply

That poor kitty looks like 'live' roadkillSmiley Surprised

If we are going to have a foray in a warm place in this country it will have to be in the southwest.  Even Florida is not so hot right now.  Maybe we need to try Hawaii.

We did make it to 35* yesterday.  14* this morning and maybe reached 30* this afternoon.  I think we have another cold front coming in on Wed-Thu which may bring us a little snow.  Wow.  I am feeling like that cat up there^^^^^if I don't get to do my exercise outdoors pretty soon. grrrrrr.   Brought in a couple of turtle doves over the week-end.  It was just too cold and wet for them.  They didn't make it thoughSmiley Sad

Any happy-dance worthy news?  haha!  The so-called package that was supposedly being sent back because we were not available, was delivered today.  ONLY because DH flagged him down.  He had already gone but comes back down the other side of the street so can catch him.  At first he said he didn't have anything but checked the back of his little delivery truck.  Sure enough, he had THREE packages for us; one being the 'sent back' pkg.  Anyway, he told DH they are TOLD to enter the info they do on packages with tracking.  And they wonder why they lose business?

I'm going to be busy this week too since could not get out last week.  Woo hoo!   Let me know if you want to do a foray this week-end.  I think we will have 60* weather on SaturdayWoman Mad mind boggling.

Message 828 of 3,155
latest reply

Hawaii it is!  We'll have to find some really fancy leis to do it right!

Hooray on your packages!  Guess they want to appear to be "efficient" without actually putting in the work.  Good job on wrestling your stuff away from him.

We're getting up into the 50s during the day and it's sunny so I can't really complain.  Think dh is actually going to get the back lawn cut this week, it's been dry enough.

Heading to a funeral this weekend, my adopted grandmother died yesterday.  She was a wonderful woman, brought a lot of joy to a lot of people. 

Yesterday was insanely busy - seemed like I ran from one thing to the next all day long.  Did manage to sneak out a couple of times to stand in the sun.  but the pollen counts are already up - starting my spring allergy medication early this year.

Didn't have a "happy dance" cat for you today, but this one seem totally appropriate!

funny-pictures-boxing-cat-rocky.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 829 of 3,155
latest reply

Look Shirls!  I found the happy dance for you!

dance.jpg

Message 830 of 3,155
latest reply

Had to chase that mailman down again yesterday!!  I knew I had a package because of tracking.  He tries to deny he had one.  I just happened to look on the floor behind his seat and there it was!  I told him he was sitting on my package.  He thought I was crazy and told me so.  I told him I WAS indeed crazy from having to chase my mail down every day, BUT you ARE sitting on my package, really in truly just reach around back there.....he was speechless and handed me my box.

Things are pretty nutso around here, Rooty and I need that happy dance more than you know.  We need a foray for sure and lets bring a couple of bottles along.  Maybe we can find a nice porch and have a good thought cleansing session as I am not too sure what to think any more.

Later, Pal!!

Message 831 of 3,155
latest reply

Ok - a foray to Hawaii and we'll find a porch - people don't mind if you just sit on their porch for awhile, do they?  And drink wine?  And laugh like loons?

Sounds like time for you to have a talk with the postmaster.

Taking tomorrow off work - yeah me!  But am thinking of working on Sunday - boo, hiss!

Consider yourself hugged. 

Spring is early this year - I can tell because my allergies have already kicked in.  I love spring, I hate allergies.

Don't want to work today but better get off my behind and get at it.

Hang in there!  And here's the appropriate response for your mailman.

527541865_funny_pictures_cat_giving_finger_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Message 832 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley LOL  can you see the uvula!?!?

OK I been hugged and I like it!  How about one for you too?  Now we is ready for that foray to Hawaii.  We may have to dodge the Pineapple Express on the way there, but we have the best brooms made, so I think we should be just fine.  And yes, we must get lei-ed as soon as we get thereSmiley Surprised  snort   The folks there are truly friendly and I bet if we find a porch they will join us and have a luau.  I say we have a couple of blue hawaiians while we're at it too.

Not discussing the weather OR the mailman, no sirree hahaha!!

Even though the ___________ has been the way it has, the birds are migrating in and our chipmunk came up from hibernation over a week ago.  After the big ______ he did go back down for a few days.  My daffodils came up several weeks ago and some had buds.  I covered them because of the_________but I am thinking I had better uncover them pretty soon cause I bet they are turning pale or something.

OK.  Now I am going to go look at some Barbie listings.

Enjoy your day off tomorrow whatever you choose to do whether it be nothing or painting the town.

Message 833 of 3,155
latest reply

The answer is I'm working!  Dern responsibility gene!

And yes, I saw the uvula!

And we're on!  I'll get my flight plan mapped out.

Crocuses are coming up already.  Silly things.

There was a great big beaver in the lake at work yesterday - we all had to go out and admire him. 

I am late, late, late this morning.

Friday__I__m_In_Love.jpg

Message 834 of 3,155
latest reply

Hip hip hooray we are going!!!!!(jumping up and down)!!!  Just hope we avoid the volcano.

Myah did something really cute today.  I came back from the flea market, walked into the living room and there on the floor was this little 5" white teddy bear that wears a nurse uniform and hat.  I don't know how she got it out from behind the books, but she did.  She picks it up by the hat and tosses it as far as she can.  I was at the kitchen sink and all of a sudden the little bear came flying through the door.  If I set it by her, she will just sit and look at it or touch it.  She always seems happy to see it.  Not sure how long this will be her toy, but I remember when she was throwing the little leather toddler shoe around too.  Just had to share that with ya.

I am very familiar with the responsibility gene.  It has reeked havoc on my life for years but my conscience is clear.

Just give me a buzz when you are ready to take off.  Allow me about an hour to get there.Smiley Wink

So was the beaver busy or was he just fooling around in the sun?

Message 835 of 3,155
latest reply

Time to go Shirls!  See you there!

Message 836 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm out the door as we speak!!  Will use the comfort cover for additional warmth until we get to the islands.  See ya in a bit!

Message 837 of 3,155
latest reply

Woo hoo!  We need to do that again soon!  I'm so glad you brought the extra color packs for the smoke trails!  Was quite the sight!

Had to sleep all day Sunday, but it was so worth it.

Off for medical tests this morning - yuck.  Guzzling coffee now since I can't have any more until after tests.  Boo!

h6700F84D.jpg

Message 838 of 3,155
latest reply

Did you notice how close in time we posted Friday night?  I think only 4 mins apart!  Oh yeah, that was a fun trip!  Buzzing the beach was the best!   I did think I saw those little warriors coming down the mountain and the smoke bombs kinda scared them I think.  Cutest thing ever was the little pug.  We should have brought him home with us......or did you sneak him under your comfort cover?

I hope you pass your medical tests because I don't think you had much time to study this weekendSmiley Very Happy

Pretty day today.  I wanted to do my walk this morning but I did something to my knee this week-end.  Can't hyper-extend my leg without it hurting like crazy.  Maybe too many sharp turns and having to keep my leg out for balance I suppose.  Tomorrow morning will even be nicer, arggh! High in the 60's with maybe a chance of some thunder storms.  Nice weather won't last tho.  Have rain starting tomorrow late, that goes to freezing rain and sleet.  By Wednesday night, more snow and then Thursday our high will be in the 20's again with a low of 9*.  I am so done with this cold.

Message 839 of 3,155
latest reply

Guess we really needed that foray!  those warriors were hilarious and I neither confirm nor deny the existence of a pug under my comfort cover.   I can see how you might have screwed up your knee though - you were awfully close to that palm tree when you did that fancy loop thing.  Came out pretty with the colored smoke though!

Your weather is whacked, that's all there is to it.  We've cooled down some - only getting into the 50s during the day and below freezing at night.  My rose bushes have already started putting out new leaves so we'll see how they do.

An hour in an MRI tube will wear you out - I hate those things.  At least I didn't have to drink a bunch of yucky stuff for this test.

But, it means I need to get things caught up today.  Figures, right?

Take care of your knee.  Make dh do everything and you just sit with it elevated.  Yeah, like that's going to happen.

h0D6078E9.jpg

Message 840 of 3,155
latest reply