cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

20 to go for that 800 SNIPE!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 781 of 3,155
latest reply

Thanks for commiserating with me Shirls!  Feeling a bit better today but still feel like I could sleep a day or so more.  I hate the crud.

We've been having really pretty afternoons but cold in the mornings and evenings.  I'll take the sun!

Those dolls sound fun!  Surely you have room for just a couple more.

Guess I should get my behind in gear.  Moving slow this a.m.

funny-cute-kittens-Collection-of-top-30-funny-cat-pictures-37.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 782 of 3,155
latest reply

I think I could go for a little cat nip...lie on the floor with big eyes; tail all bushy.  What a feeling.

The crud really wipes a person out.  Takes a few days to get back to normal.

Watched "Heaven is For Real" based on true story about a boy's visit to heaven.  I'm not too sure about these 'visions'.  Not saying I doubt that heaven is real nor do I doubt the fact that they may very well have seen it.  Who knows.  But when these visions bring a lot of attention to the person, and others a lot of $$$ then i wonder.

Message 783 of 3,155
latest reply

Won one and lost the other....................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRETTY-MALIBU-BARBIE-GLASSES-SEWN-ON-READY-FOR-THE-BEACH-MATTEL-70-039-s-HIP...

Message 784 of 3,155
latest reply

What a cute Barbie!  she will be a great addition

Cat nip, wine.... all the same!

Still not feeling up to par but getting there.  Mostly I want to nap.  Oh well, weekend is coming (again).

I think the kid that story is based on just came out and said it was all made up.  Still a good story though.

The rain is back so it's not too cold - almost 50 already. 

I'm behind.  Just got the last of the Christmas stuff out of the living room last night.  Shame on me. 

And just for you:

unnamed.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 785 of 3,155
latest reply

What a mood lifter!  Love the unicorn rainbow kitten.  I have some huge monarch wings from a halloween costume.  You think Myah would mind wearing them?  Hahaha!!  Not a chance.  She is so busy in the mornings with her birdwatching.  So cute to watch HER.

Didn't have much to get for groceries today.  Cabinets are pretty well stocked since coupons require you to buy up to FOUR items now.  Rediculous.  No real savings and you spend more.

Cloudy all day and colder.

Tomorrow is TGIF!!  My day just to go out for the fun of it.  Looking forward to that.  One stop will be PetsRus.  Myah is low on chow.

Don't feel bad about the Christmas stuff.  I still have just a few things up.  Maybe by the end of this month I'll get the rest down?  Was slow putting it up and now slow taking it down.

Message 786 of 3,155
latest reply

Was outdoors yesterday and noticed my daffodils are coming up.  After such a long cold spell, I did not think just a few days of 50-60* weather would bring them out.  Cut new screens for my chiminea so embers don't fly up and out when burning stuff in it.   Had to find something to do out there because it was so nice to be out.  We may have a little snow by Saturday.

I'll have to check out the Heaven story kid.

Message 787 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds like you were actually busy!   Grocery shopping and yardwork are on my list for this weekend, assuming the weather cooperates.  It's been such a mild winter that all the weeds keep growing.  Not the flowers mind you, just the weeds!

I loved the pretty kitty - so imaginative!

Watching the news this morning.  Can we talk about something other than underinflated footballs please?

Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday!

did I mention Friday?

Friday-paw.jpg

Message 788 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, freak me out!  Woke up to snow this morning.  Had rain/snow mix all day, so is rather muddy out there.  It is freezing now though, so coming down as snow & not melting as fast.  I think tomorrow should be a pretty good day.  Not sure what I will be doing.  Maybe I will resume looking for some receipts that I tossed out  or not.  Sure as the world, when you toss receipts, that is when you need them!  gaah!

Another bird flew into the house tonight and Myah had her fun.  She leapt right onto the kitchen table because the little finch decided to perch on the light fixture over the table.  What a riot.  Ran to get the fishing net again to catch the poor little guy and release him back out to the cold.

Think I'm going to grab a hand full of jelly belly jelly beans.  yum yum.

High five on the Friday.  yeah, the underinflated football is 'overinflated' story.

Message 789 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley Happy

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 790 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Mark - good to see you!

Sounds like a good day to stay home Shirls!  And how did the bird get into your house?  The Wonder Dog brings in frogs every once in awhile and I have to chase around getting Q to drop them - he never hurts them, just carries them around in his mouth.  Little brat.

Yum, I love jelly bellies.  So I don't buy them.  Because I love them.

It was 53 when I got up this morning and has warmed up to nearly 60.  Not even raining much.  I went and got stuff at the hardware store and then grocery shopping.  Doesn't that sound exciting?  Now I'm thinking about a nap.  It's a quiet weekend.  Hooray!

tumblr_mhzr9vjuVS1qlnyxjo1_500.jpg

Message 791 of 3,155
latest reply

why-frogs-are-happy.jpg

Message 792 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Mark!  Thanks for the count updateSmiley Wink  Those snipe opportunities always neak up on me!

I tried to post in this place last night and couldn't.  Stopped on the doll board and was able to there, but once I left there and the tune thread on FP, that was all she wrote.  Maybe ebay was working on stuff again?

I had some Christmas greenery above the front door(outside), and when it would get close to sunset, the little finches would perch up there.  So, when I go out to get the mail, sometimes they fly into the house when door opens.  It has happened once before.  Took the greenery down the next day.

DH was going to replace a gasket in the outdoor faucet because it had been dripping water for a while.  Did not realize how bad the drip was until we had a very cold night and saw what a huge ice formation there was under the faucet.  Anyway, as he was loosening the pipe, the weld that held the two pipes broke and voila!  Had to shut down the main water valve.  It's amazing how one takes having water at your fingertips for granted.  Was able to get a plumber and also replaced our garbage disposal.  That thing sounded like a freight train and vibrated stuff off the counter, so had stopped using it.  Now we are all fixed.  Yay!

Message 793 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for working appliances and plumbing!

Finches must have been really confused when their shrubbery started moving when you opened the door.  Couldn't you have just used another door?  (I'm kidding!)

for some reason I just don't want to go to work today.  Back to thinking I need a vacation.  Maybe because the rain is back - it was so nice to have sun for a few days.

Oh well, guess I ought to go get ready for work.  Boo!

But I did find us a new stretch - I think I could do tihs.

funny-dog-pictures-yoga.jpg

Message 794 of 3,155
latest reply

What cute puppy!  Or is that one of those miniature pinchers?  I'd say he?she has that stretch down pat.  Looks like a fun stretch to try, kinda like touching your toes except you get to lie on the floor.

Tried out the new iron skillet I got for Christmas.  It's one of those that has the ridges so makes the meat look grilled.  It works pretty good.  Steaks were pretty tasty although not quite like grilled, was good.

Some days I get up and I don't even want to do what I do.  Did get the afternoon to myself and that was nice.  Did a little re-organizing (playing) in the doll room.  Sorted out 4 dolls to take to consignment shop tomorrow.

Gorgeous day.  Sun was shining and got into the 50's.  Rain is back tomorrow and by Monday will be in the 20's with good chance for snow.  I don't want to complain because I know summer will be here soon enough with all that heat and high humidity.  So, better enjoy the cool weather.

Myah sheds a lot of hair and has a lot of 'fur' under her coat.  I think that is why from time to time she will still pull.  Not at all like she did, but still a little.  She has problems with hairballs and gets to coughing when grooming.  I was brushing her once a week, but that just isn't often enough, so will try twice a week.  She loves it and I do get a lot off her.  She is so sweet.  Has her routine now.  Can set the clock by her, ha!

Message 795 of 3,155
latest reply