cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

BAD Kitty!

BAD Kitty!

Jumped on Santa,

Trashed his hat.

and acted as though it

didn't even care!

I'm late

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 736 of 3,155
latest reply

I KNOW on the kitty - that was really bad!

And are those ladies the same people who will haggle over a nickel discount?  Makes you want to give them a quarter and say "here, splurge for once in your life!"

Gotta finish up shopping today - not too much left to do, just some last minute things.  Don't want to be rushing around too much when I have time off.  Taking Wed, Thurs & Friday off next week and then Thurs & Fri the following week.  Got a ton of books lined up to read.

Did your package get there and was it something good?

You up for a Christmas Eve foray?  Or maybe we should do New Years Eve?

Guess who's getting coal for Christmas?

hA38FE559.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 737 of 3,155
latest reply

You think it is safe to mention C-O-A-L for a Gift this year?  bwahaha!!

Package made it the next day.  It was beat up too.  Had 2 holes one big enough to push my thumb all the way through and another to fit my finger.  Could have bowled with my box.  Had 2 other smaller puncture holes and a couple of dents.  I got the 2002 Barbie and Bond 007 gift set.  Nice!  Looked brand new with NO shelf wear.  This gal must take exceptionally good care of her dolls.  Amazing with all the holes in the shipper box, the doll box came out unscathed.

Think I will pass on the Christmas Eve foray, but count me in for New Year's Eve!  I don't think we will have any trouble finding a party to crash.  We'll have to be careful at midnight though with all the fireworks.  This would be a great time to bring some of our own and more of the color smoke.  I'll check with the fairies to  see how much  dust they have.

Message 738 of 3,155
latest reply

IMG012.JPG

The girls are already having celebrations

Message 739 of 3,155
latest reply

The girls look fabulous! 

Coal is a good gift.  If squeezed hard enough it turns into diamonds.  But I wouldn't mention it this year.  Oops!

Amazing how packages can get all mangled and still have the contents come through intact.  Got to love bubble wrap and ghost poo!

You got it for New Years Eve!  I'll even bring Q if I can get him to wear his party hat. 

Only working 2 days this week - hooray!  Almost ready for the holidays - got a few presents to wrap and then I'm done.  Well, except for the yummy chocolate cake I'm making for Christmas.  But that's easy.

I think Santa is using replacement reindeer this year.

h6CDE45DC.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 740 of 3,155
latest reply

2 more days to Christmas!!  Unbelievable.  i'm ready to start cooking!  Always think holiday meals are fun to do.  And then you get to sit down and enjoy.  Bring out the pretty dishes!!  Got the house all cleaned today.

I bet you are happy as a clam to only have to work 2 days this week.  I'd be jumping for joy.  When I was single and lived away from home, I did not mind working the holidays.  Was better than spending them without family.

I love Santa's replacement deer.  If they need a rest with those short legs of theirs, they are welcome to a layover hereSmiley Happy  I like the one in front that has a little blackened hair on the edges. 

Our mail carrier goes so late.  It gets dark by 5pm and sometimes (depending who is working)will go as late as 7pm.  I just now realized we did not go out to check for mail again.  Guess I'll go check and hope stinky isn't out and about.

Message 741 of 3,155
latest reply

I imagine I will be clock watching today - wonder how early I can sneak out?

I'm with you - I love cooking holiday dinners.  It smells so good and the table looks so pretty.  Almost a shame to eat off of it!

Our mail hasn't been coming until after 6 lately either - must be the holiday season.

Of course, if those replacement reindeer's legs get tired you can always just give them a lift with your broom!

Running late already.  So what else is new?

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

hA003A194.jpg

Message 742 of 3,155
latest reply

How sweet!  Why does something that cute have to grow up?

For some reason I am a day behind today.  Kept thinking it was the 22nd.  Christmas Eve is tomorrow!  DH has just been in the fowlest mood the past 2 days.  Talk about the grinch that stole Christmas.   Did I mention C-O-A-L?(I sure miss that little demon head).

So did you make an early getaway today? 

Not sure if I  will be in tomorrow or not.  Just in case I don't,  may you, your DH, and who ever else may be in your home celebrating Chirstmas, may you ALL have a very happy and blessed Christmas filled with every good memory and lots of love.  Raise a glass to toast.

Message 743 of 3,155
latest reply

Isn't she adorable?  I chose her because she looks just like The Queen although she's bigger now!

I did skip out of work at about 3, but I was there at 6 a.m. - way too early.  But it was pouring down rain and traffic really sucked and I still had to stop at the store and wrap presents. So I ended up getting home just in time to wrap presents and head to the party.  It was great fun!

Having a "down" day today - going to stay in my jammies and read, etc.  Have a couple of presents to wrap for dh yet but not planning on doing much.  Some days your brain just needs a break.

Have a nice ham for tomorrow and making au gratin potates from scratch - something I haven't done in ages. 

I really think coal is the appropriate gift sometimes.  However, they can be dense and may not get the point - if you know what I mean.

Am up way to early and heading back to bed in a bit.  3.5 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it.

If I don't see you before then, Merry Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

hFEDB5FAB.jpg

Message 744 of 3,155
latest reply

Makes me want to kick something.

Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy!!

Funniest post of the week ^^^ .

2nd funniest was...the wind factor for the broom ride.

Ok, I went back a couple of pages and my comments are......

18 degrees? OMG!!! Be thankful you have someone you love to help keep you warm.

Some have no one or food or electricity and whatnot during the holidays.

Ticks?

I feel for ya..I feel better you than me, or RootieSmiley Wink

They can lay dormant for months and months...We had a problem 15yrs or so ago with them, in a condo.

Never saw one since..( knocks then beats on a piece of wood).

I do remember that DW had to pluck one off of my bottom one fine morning....I know..TMI, lol!

I think they carry deer and lyme disease and you got to be careful the head does not break off in ya.

That's what nightmares are made of.

Rootie~ Do you have problems sleeping, or staying asleep?  I did for a couple of yrs and I think I have it licked now.

M E R R Y  C H R I S TMAS

to you both and your families.

(((Shirls))) (((Rootie)))

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 745 of 3,155
latest reply

Mark!!!  Been a wonderin' if you were still alive and KICKING!  Good to see you!  And I hope you have a very blessed and lovely Christmas!

Rootie ~  I hope you are out of your funk.  I think I really did not come alive until today.  Woke up with:  IT"S CHRISTMAS EVE!!!  Yahoo!  I even dug out more decorations and finally wrapped some giftsSmiley Very Happy  Made it seem more Christmasy.  Neighbor kids brought over some sweet goodies they baked and they in turn went home with pumpkin pie!heart  Blessed day!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!heart

Message 746 of 3,155
latest reply

Merry Christmas!!

Mark, good to see you!

I have problems staying asleep - get to sleep just fine and then just wake up way too early.  Working on it.  Glad you got your problems resolved.

Hooray for Christmas spirit Shirls!  And where's my pumpkin pie?  I love pumpkin pie - which is why I don't make it very often!

Very peaceful this morning - got the cabinet lit up and the outside lights on.  The animals (for once) are all sleeping at the same time and I have coffee.  Life is good!

And why didn't I think of this?

hD00EBC25.jpg

Message 747 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy Monday!  Back to work for me for 3 days and then a 4 day weekend. 

Went on a cleaning binge over the holiday - boy does my house look good! Except I can't remember where I put the extra belts for the vacumn.

Cold here but no snow - was kind of hoping for enough snow to call off the week, but no such luck.  That's okay - plenty to keep me busy for the next few days.

And off I go - gotta get in early today!

Monday_Cat.jpg

Message 748 of 3,155
latest reply

I knew it had been a few days since was last in here.  5 days gone by already and here it is Monday!  Kind of glad to get back to the normal routine of things.  Too much hanging out and doing zip.  Cleaned house today and went downtown to pay taxes. 

how was your Christmas?  Had a good day!  Enjoyed cooking AND eating.  Later went to see the new Hobbit movie.  I really liked it, but then i have liked them all.  The books are great!

Day after Christmas got the jury duty notice.  Guess will be notified when being summoned.  Nice.  At least when lived in MN you knew from the get go just how long and from what date to what date you would need to be available.  This not knowing is crock.  I hope it is not spring, as that is best time to be outdoors and do stuff with my yard that is just coming alive.  Spending a whole day 'there' or longer will drive me nuts(er).

2 days left of this year.  What a year it was.  Buckle up for 2015, hahaha!!  We need to get that last foray in, Rootie!!

Absolutely love the Christmas tree in the crate!!Smiley Happy  And the cat sleeps next to it!

Message 749 of 3,155
latest reply

Boy this year has flown by hasn't it?  (See what I did there?  Ready for the foray!)

I got a jury summons recently and promptly got myself excused.  My back doesn't allow me to sit for long periods and it was for a special trial that was going to be a long one and my office simply cannot function with me gone that long.  Hope yours isn't a long into spring one.

We had a really nice Christmas - enjoyed the family, did a bit of napping, etc., etc.  Needed the brain break!  Even got to watch the Seahawks win.  And now a 4 day weekend - hooray!

I really should have thought of putting the Christmas tree in a cage but knowing Q he'd figure out a way around it.  When I was a kid my parents used to put the tree on top of an upside down old playpen and stick the presents inside the playpen just to keep little hands away.

28 this morning and supposed to get up to a whopping 36.  Good thing I got 2 new winter coats for Christmas!  What did you get that was good?

Have a smashing day!

emfdf474vhdn.jpg

Message 750 of 3,155
latest reply