cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Qofhearts&Alice.JPG

Here is Alice in large mode.  Bigger than the Queen.  I think she shared with the Rabbit.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 691 of 3,155
latest reply

Qofhearts&Sno.JPG

Here's to the Queen; ready for the ball(almost, she is missing her flamingo)

Message 692 of 3,155
latest reply

Goldmaskkat.JPG

Ready for the masquerade party...

Message 693 of 3,155
latest reply

Love all the girls ready for the ball!  They all look divine!

I love Thanksgiving whether we go someplace or just stay home with the two of us.  It's really nice to take a day to just be thankful and concentrate on good stuff.  I like the sounds of your buffett - so much easier but, no leftovers!

And it's FRIDAY!  Any plans for the weekend?  Besides shopping I plan on sleeping.

And yes, I seriously think Alice has been sharing with the rabbit.  It's the only way the whole thing makes sense.

Beer hops - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 694 of 3,155
latest reply

LOL at this little white rabbit with hops!  He sure has some pudgy little cheeks and look at that mouth.  He's adorable!

Everything came out OK today.  What a relief!  They did see some little calcifications, but needed a clearer 'picture' to be sure they were OK.  Had the first set of xrays been done better, I would not have needed repeats.

Rootie, we don't do anything any more together that much.  He stays in his world and I stay in mine.  It may be a good day tomorrow to read, but it is supposed to be pretty nice tomorrow so maybe I will go somewhere or putz around outside.  Going to be rainy Sunday, but think i will go to church and maybe stop to shop on way home.  I did see in the paper today that someone was having an estate sale.  Ad said the person had been a collector of vintage toys for 60 years.  Maybe they would have some vintage Barbies.  Everything priced to sell.

How many days you have off for TG?

Hope you have a good week-end too.  We may need to fit in a foray if you are up to it.  I'll supply the bottle this time.  Can't think of the name of this stuff right off hand, but it tastes like chocolate and packs some heat(spicey).  It is delicious!

Message 695 of 3,155
latest reply

Isn't he just a sweetie?

Crazy weekend - run, run, run, run, run....   Felt like I didn't stop for two days straight!  Oh well, now I have 3 days with no boss and then a 4 day weekend - yeah me!

Glad to see everything came out okay - what a silly way to do it!

I hope you got your nice weather to dilly dally around outside this weekend.  It poured buckets here and really strong wind.  I put off grocery shopping for an hour Sunday morning because I didn't want to go out in that weather.

And yes on the foray - I need it!  Can we do it super early Friday morning and give the Black Friday shoppers a thrill?  And you'd better bring two bottles.

I decided to "fall clean" the guest room this weekend.  We always end up with guests for at least a couple of days over the holidays.  It wasn't quite this bad...

dust - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 696 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh drat!  I dusted today!  OK, I'm not dusting for 3 years from today in hopes I get one of those little 'hoot hoots'.  I have not started a fall clean yet ~ oop.

Saturday was great!  66*, no wind.  Great day to get out there and rake and for DH to mow-mulch!  Then I had to look real hard to find something else to do while out there just so could stay out there longer, ha!  I did find stuff too.  Mr Mole has been working the back yard again, so gave him some treats.  After Sunday's rain most of day, he was back with more digs, so was able to set 'something' else up for him today.  It was so nice to be outdoors Saturday.  I really needed that!  And like I said, Sunday was awful.  Rain most of day, kind of breezy, damp, yucky day.

4 day week-end sounds good to me, so double good for you!

Early Friday sounds good to me for a foray.  Dive and swoop on those Black Friday shoppers.  If Thanks Giving were not the day that it is, we could start after dinner.  But, I think early in the AM on Friday while it is still dark would be more effective.  And I will bring 2 bottles because the stuff goes down pretty easy hahaha!!  So watch out!!    It is called 'Crave', a chocolate-chili liquer by John DeKuyper & Sons.

Waiting on the AC/heat guy to call so can set up a day to replace the coil (and to get the news of how much $ we will have to pay.

Oh!!  And my brother wants me to arrange an AM Trak trip to CO and SF Calif. for March.  He said a travel agent could do ALL the planning so I would have nothing to do. snort.  He thinks we can do this in 3-4 days.

Message 697 of 3,155
latest reply

What a great excuse not to dust Shirls!

Yeah, I thought early Friday would be perfect.  Much rather be above the craziness than down in it!  And that stuff sounds good - maybe I'll have to find a bottle to warm up on on the way over.

On the fly this a.m.  Woke up at 3 a.m. and said "Rootie, you have a lot to do today you do NOT want to be up this early."  Managed to go back to sleep until 5:30 but now feel like I'm behind.

And good for you on the yard!  I have some ideas for treats you could leave Mr. Mole.

1385237_10153446306130440_1761332660_n - Copy.jpg

Message 698 of 3,155
latest reply

Trippin' kitty is worth several kudos!!Smiley Very Happy  That is a good one!  May have to save that one for later.  And those dragons....they have neon trails for tails!!

We're having too much fun, snort.

When you said you were on the fly this AM, I thought you were already on your broom.  I didn't think you took that thing to work.

Today was filled with all sorts of little odd jobs.  I kind of like those kind of days.  Short little projects that don't take very long and can move on to the next one.

It is cooling down here again.  TG day's high is going to be 43*.  All the better to eat turkey with all the fixings.

Message 699 of 3,155
latest reply

Isn't that wonderful!  I saw it and thought "Shirls will enjoy that!"  I was right (as usual).  Too funny on the neon dragon tail trails (say that 3 times fast).

I usually take my car to work - don't want to scare the clients.  <insert cool grinny smiley>

I love days I can just putter around and do "stuff" - planning on it Friday.  May stay in my jammies all day.

And I have all the Thanksgiving shopping done so I don't have to brave the store after work tonight.

Bring on the 4 day weekend!

9ce42ca7454af2237b949b8baa593a032ee01d5fd6885c4ba7dfca2e0bfa9684 - Copy.jpg

Message 700 of 3,155
latest reply

700 SNIPE!

Not many colors to choose from.  What happened to the color graph?

Ricky Raccoon looks as though he may have met up with Stinky!  Ha!

Did a little shopping this morning and then came home to burn leaves.  Wonder when that sycamore is going to be done dumping it's leaves?   That tree produces a ton of leaves....want some?

Don't know if I will be stopping by tomorrow or not.  If not, wishing (((you))) and your DH a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving:-)

Message 701 of 3,155
latest reply

I think the good colors went away along with the good emoticons.  Another improvement.  Snort.

Yeah for 700 snipe!

Sounds like a nice peaceful day Shirls!  I worked my behind off all day, came home and collapsed in a heap.

Thank you for the nice Thanksgiving wishes!  And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your dh too!  Enjoy your buffett -- it sounds good!  I managed to find a 13 lb turkey so we're all set. 

Funny-Cat-11 - Copy.jpg

Message 702 of 3,155
latest reply

That poor cat!  Way to heavy.

Hard to find a small turkey.  Maybe I need to look other places besides the commissary.

We had a good day out yesterday.  After feeding, we went shopping in the madness. Visited WalMart and Target.  That was enough for us.  Was 8pm by time we got home.  Sooo glad to be back home, ha!

Stopped by the Amish Country store today.  Picked up some apple butter, roasted soy beans, and soup starter.  Fixed the soup today as was a good day for soup after all the feasting yesterday.

Hope your turkey was good and you had a cozy day:-)

Message 703 of 3,155
latest reply

We had a really nice day and now I'm drinking coffee and watching it snow.  Not a whole lot but it sure is pretty (I say from the nice warm confines of my home!).

I love Amish stores - always find something nifty to buy.

And yes, that cat is way too fat.  Had Q into the vet the other day - he's up 2 pounds but the vet said not to worry about it, still at a perfectly fine weight for his size.

And here he is enjoying "his" heater! (and isn't that just the sweetest face ever?)

Q & heater - Copy.jpg

Message 704 of 3,155
latest reply

Did you get much snow?  It sure is pretty when it comes down nice and gentle.  Just enough to cover the ground is nice and have white trees.  It brightens things up outdoors and makes it lighter in the house.  I like a good cup of fresh, hot coffee too.

In the 60's yesterday and rather balmy.  Today in the 40's and rainy.

Q is so sweet there enjoying(hogging)the heat source.  Way back when I had my very first apartment and first pet which was a Siamese(Mitzi), she loved to straddle the radiators for heat.  I put something over the top of the one so she could do that.  I didn't know anything about those old radiators so not sure now that I think of it, if it was even safe to cover them like I did.

Message 705 of 3,155
latest reply