cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

I do have another picture for you.  In post #619 was talking about a 3 ft. Barbie that did not sell, so re-did her.  Here is what she looks like now.....A242497-R2-03-21A_1.jpg

sorry about your neck, but can't rotate the photoSmiley Embarassed

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 646 of 3,155
latest reply

heart!

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 647 of 3,155
latest reply

She looks great Shirls!  You do such nice work.

CYE.

Thinking of doing house organization this weekend.  My office is a mess right now.  Dh is working on getting the carpet up in the guest room - had 2 leaks in the bathroom this summer and the carpet got wet.  Glad we caught the leaks early before they did any real damage.  The carpet needed to come out any way so it's all good.

I want a new digital camera - mine just doesn't take really good pictures, I get better ones off my phone!

Hi Mark!

Good luck at the dr today Shirls.  Why did you schedule it for this week anyway?

And shush on Christmas!  I don't even want to think about that yet!

I'm all set for Friday's foray - we'll wait until after the trick or treaters have finished, yes?  I even got a spare battery pack for my broom, this will be fun!  Thinking we can duplicate last year's run?

c11bd06f057ad364c62f6bbd29464106 - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 648 of 3,155
latest reply

Good luck at the dr today Shirls

I'm sooo out of touch...

Hiya Rootie and Shirls, whatever it is....I wish the very best for you!!

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 649 of 3,155
latest reply

Nothing mysterious Mark - read above - Shirls is going in for a medication check.

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 650 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie ~  Your turn...CYESmiley LOL  You will get an earful or should I say an 'eyeful'?  It is what it is.

Dr visit went OK.  Was short and sweet.  Doing fine on new med, see ya in 2 months.  Routine maintenance, ha!  Seems silly to need an appt for that.  If I know it is working and have no problem, why have the appt.?  But that is what the doc wants, so ya know.....

Maybe when you get your house organized you can come and do this one?  I do need to get that basement organized though.  Have some cold weather headed our way Friday and maybe a couple more nights after that.  Will get down to or below the freezing mark, so will need to get all those potted plants hauled in.  Have to take into account that some of them grew a little this summer.  Hopefully, can set them back out by Monday or Tuesday.  The chipmunk has

been pretty busy gathering those nuts we collected and toss out to him.  Enjoy watching the little ham.

I would like to get new carpet throughout the house.  My cousin had to have theirs replaced due to a very bad storm they had in July.  The wind totally pushed in their sliding door; frame and all.  Did not even break the glass.  Filled their livingroom and kitchen with rain, hail, grass, and pine needles.  After the doors blew in, the wind followed the staircase down and blew OUT the door set downstairs.  Their siding is utterly full of holes, cracked...the whole backside of house.  Looks awful.  Anyway, they just got the new carpet in right before I came.  Oh did it feel good under the feet.  After walking on that, I realize now, that ours is shot.  But you know who is just TOO BUSY to deal with that.  Snort.

So what are your temperatures going to be like on Friday night?  Hopefully a tad warmer, but will need to do a routine maintenance check on the heat system for my broom.  I can get a comfort cover for it, but it does impede the flow of air around the broom.  Maybe I can get a heated suit to wear, that way my broom can still go at top speed and be highly maneuverable. Can you imagine a spoiler on a broom?  I did get some new earmuffs today.  All the leopard spotted ones were sold out as were the solid black.  So I got zebra stripe. 

Thanks Rootie!~ Mark~  That 3 footer is so cute now, I may have to hang on to her for a while or charge such a price no-one will buy her!!Smiley Very Happy (no, I do not sell on ebay).

Hey Mark!!  Glad to see ya drop by!

Message 651 of 3,155
latest reply

yeah Shirls, it seems the older we get the more the docs want to spend time with us.  I can remember going years and years without seeing a dr and now it seems like I'm in there every other week.  And I'm actually healthy!

Weather tomorrow night is supposed to be mid 50s and maybe a few showers.  Fairly cloudy so it will be dark so bring an extra headlamp.  I got day-glo orange and pink smoke and some glitter bombs for Mark to throw.  Mark, you mind if Q rides on the carpet with you?  He doesn't do so well on a broom.

That windstorm sounds nasty Shirls!  And I hear you on new carpets.  We're getting ready to pull up all the carpets and put down hardwood in the living areas and carpet for the bedrooms.  Our carpets have worn well but they are just getting old.

Better get my behind in gear and get moving.  Have a good day!

And this was just too cute not to share.

283163895290436506_wasv7mxi_c - Copy.jpg

Message 652 of 3,155
latest reply

That IS cute!  If I could have kudo'd it twice, I would haveSmiley Wink

Your weather sounds better than ours for tomorrow night.  So, I am heading up your way.  I am getting this image of Mark on the magic carpet with Q on the back.  Too comical!!  But then when I get the image of all 3 of us up there it is outrageously funny.  Glitter bombs sound fun!!  That should make the trees below really beautiful for the next day's sunshine.  Maybe I can get one to bring back this way?

It was so nice out today!  Spent the whole afternoon outside. 

Recycle tomorrow and off to KY flea-market.  You would think I had enough of looking at goodies while on my trip, but I never tire of it.

Message 653 of 3,155
latest reply

You can have two glitter bombs Shirls!  This should be a blast!

Up way too early but it means I can get in to work early and back out early.

Got a busy weekend planned, tons of stuff to do after the foray.  Mostly just normal weekend stuff.  But I have to look at health insurance plans again.  I hate doing it but I'm not really happy with our current plan.

Enjoy the flea market!  Maybe you can find a troll doll to ride shotgun on your broom?

This is perfect for today!

7af0bb184f007f68451d885ae991720d - Copy.jpg

Message 654 of 3,155
latest reply

Okay - almost all the candy is gone!  Ready to fly???  (I got butterscotch schnapps this time!)

Message 655 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm on my way!!  I am having to buck a hard north wind, so give me a few more minutes.

There was no-one out tonight.  Cold as you know what and the wind is blowing like crazy! brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Enjoyed the flea market!  Found a little tapestry bag to put in my big tapestry purseSmiley Frustrated  Helps keep stuff organized in there. I like purses with divisions and this one is just one big ole bag.  But it is sooooo pretty.

Message 656 of 3,155
latest reply

yep - if the bag is too big things just get lost in there!

And whee!  that was fun!

But seriously.

unnamed - Copy.jpg

Message 657 of 3,155
latest reply

Aw come on, you kept saying; "Shirls, trim a little more, trim a little more".

Beautiful day!  Moved all the plants back out.  Figure they are good for about another week out there before the next cold wave moves through.

Just got a notice that I have been bumped up to "Community Member".  What does that mean?  Always thought I was a community member.  Meh!

Message 658 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, next time don't listen to me! 

We've not been so cold, in the mid-50s, low 60s but damp, damp, damp.

Got tons of stuff to get done this week at work, but I think I finagled a four day weekend this next weekend - woo hoo!

And how can I already be running late?  And I swear, The Queen steals my paper and does this every morning!

hilarious-funny-cat-photos-captions10.jpg.pagespeed.ce.F0b9lGKbBS - Copy.jpg

Message 659 of 3,155
latest reply

RightSmiley Very Happy

The war between cat and dog will last for generations to come.  Cute!

Lovely day.  Did some burning before the wind came up.  Had the fire started by 8 this morning.  Did exercise first and head for the back yard.  No dew last night so everything was dry.  Love the smell of burning leaves.  Mostly wanted to burn the huge pile of magnolia seed pods I had picked up.  Those things are big and very prickly.  Gloves is a good idea when handling them.  Tomorrow is going to be a rainy day so glad I got the burning done today.

Message 660 of 3,155
latest reply