cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Awww Mark!!  You missed us for real didn't you?  Wait until after you have gone out on a foray with usSmiley Very Happy  You will wonder why you waited so long.  Good to see you ya know.  You are welcome here any time.

Rootie ~  The black stuff is probably why I act a little crazy sometimes, ha!  I got a professional hair cut today.  Does look a lot better.  Glad you are taking it a bit easy today.  As for me, I'm on vacationSmiley Tongue

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 631 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for vacations!

Yeah Mark, we get wordy sometimes but it's all good.  Glad you dropped by.

Same old, same old... too much work, not enough fun.  I want one of those vacations.

And off I go.... all that work won't do itself.

funny-animal-jokes-6.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 632 of 3,155
latest reply

{{{Rootie}}}

BTW, I sent one too.  You know what I'm talking about.  I just know you do:-)

Off I go into the west!

Message 633 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, I needed the hug today!  Up too early and don't want to go to work.  Oh well.

And that was nice of you Shirls!  West it is.

Rainy season is upon us - think it's time to clear the gutters and batten down the hatches.

My BIL looked out his window the other day and there was a brown bear in his yard.  Being really careful with letting the pets out.  We get coyotes around pretty regularly but the cats are inside cats and our yard has a 6 foot fence so I don't worry too much about The Wonder Dog.  She's not fond of the raccoons  but they usually climb the trees to get away from her.

Is it Friday yet?

VH-Funny-Animals-022 - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 634 of 3,155
latest reply

well guess i found ya,lol.

things are well. we just had our 45 aniversery and oldest is getting married this friday. we love his bride, she's a nut so will fit in nicely.

i gots rain so it's nice and green still out. seems critters are everywhere.  

we are going to start back selling at live event , been using auctions lately. do a lot better than ebay $$ wise.

you know i'm slow on changing things but started looking at what we pay and researched phone , car ins, ect and now will save 159 a month starting next month on  3 . need to quit preaching to our kids about chking costs and get out and do it myself,lol.

sometimes we dance with our hearts , it's just listening to the music inside our soul

love

redbud

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 635 of 3,155
latest reply

I knew you could find us redbud!

45 years, wow!  Congrats to you and the missus.  Dh and I have 21, more or less, and if everything goes right, we'll someday hit 45.

And congrats to son on his marriage - I love weddings, they always make me cry! 

I need to go through and look at all our insurance and stuff - open enrollment next month so might as well see if we can save a bit.  I just hate dealing with insurance companies.  Just found out ours has been overcharging us all year - sent us a check for $400 which was nice.

I see blue sky!  We had almost an inch of rain last night and my work parking lot floods (we're on a lake).  Time to pull out the galoshes.

Have a good night all!

Message 636 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Shirls!  Maybe you need new apps for your computer?

funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-this-isnt-as-smart-as-they-make-it-out-to-be - Copy.jpg

Message 637 of 3,155
latest reply

Keeping the lights on.

tiger-dog-meme-funny - Copy.jpg

Message 638 of 3,155
latest reply

It's going to be Monday on a Tuesday, I just know it.

animal-funny-funny-horse-pictures-with-captions-3-50-funny-horse-pictures-with-captions - Copy.jpg

Message 639 of 3,155
latest reply

Still keeping the lights on.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

b410a6c01d9cf7cb932678d5e26c9046 - Copy.jpg

Message 640 of 3,155
latest reply

Comes stumbling in............someone didn't pay the electric bill and it is dark in heah(flipping the switch off & on).  Had to keep that light on for a while didn't you Rootie?  Well, that long time went all too fast for me.  Can't believe I have been there and back already.  In a few more days it will not even seem like I went anywhere.  I drove over 1800 miles.  doesn't seem possible either.  I love that drive even if it is a long one.  Weather was great and the fall colors were awesome.  Had a couple of mornings start with dense fog but that kept the sun out of my eyes:-)  Family and friend visits were all good too.  Brother of course is still a pill, but it is what it is.  All in all a very good trip and thank the guardian angels for that.  Got back yesterday afternoon.

Today was unpack, put things away, and do laundry.  Had to be outside though because it is unseasonably warm, but so nice to be out doing things.  Helped my older cousin in her yard, so she gave me a little batch of phlox and lily of the valley out of one of her flower beds.  So, found the spot for them to be planted today.  Lily of the valley smell so good, but then, so do phlox.  Not sure what color; lavender or white.

Myah went nuts when she saw me.  She must have really missed me.  I don't think I have ever had anyone so happy to see meheart  I guess she is definitely a one person cat.  Awwww.

I got in here late because I decided to check out the Barbie chat first and that was a mistake as I can hang with Barbie for a while, no problem.Smiley LOL

I see Redbud made his way here and glad to see him for sure!  Wishing him a happy and blessed 45th and congrats on a new DIL they love!!  Oh the dance from the heart is the best.  I know in my heart I was dancing when at home visiting.  Those visits are my salvation(almost) along with that loooooooong drive.  Back to Redbud, I sure hope you find your way back here again as would love to see you visit as often as you like. 

Better get ready for some shut-eye.  I know I have to get back into the rut soon, but NOT tomorrow!  I am still soaking in the good time back home.

Tis good to be back and see you too, Rootie.  Halloween is right around the corner.  What do you have planned?  Need to check my broom and a few other things to make sure all is in good working order.  I think some decorations need to go up.  May dig out that old witch this year and put her out somewhere.  When the neigghbor kids were little, they were scared of her.  They would approach realy slow and look at her too long and then one would scream and they would all get afraid and run away so fast.  Loved the debates they would have about whether or not she was really looking at themSmiley Tongue  After a while though they figured out she was just  decoration.

Message 641 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah!  Shirls is back!  Glad you had a good time.  That is one heck of a lot of driving.  Next year I get to ride shotgun!

Had a heck of a windstorm Saturday night.  Lots of downed trees, etc., etc.  Friend lost a fence.  We had some branches down but didn't even lose power, so we were lucky.  Drove the poor pup nuts though - kept hearing transformers pop.  We had a big storm several years ago that knocked out power for about a week and the power company then upgraded our grid since both one of the grade schools and the high school we're a couple of blocks from are emergency shelters and got upgrades.

I have 20 pounds of candy ready to go - we get a LOT of tricker treaters.  They are so cute.

Take your time getting back into the swing of things and enjoy the vacation glow!  You should have taken this little guy with you - he knows how to party!

funny-animal-jokes-9589-hd-wallpapers - Copy.jpg

Message 642 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie ~  I need one of those little guys in my back yard!   Could you imagine a bunch of those at a party??

We would have a blast going across the country!  Just like Thelma and Louise....well not quite just like, but you know what I mean.  No driving a T-Bird over into the Grand Canyon.  Long drives are good for the heart and soul.

Not back in the swing of things just yet.  Do a little and then putter a little.  Unpacked the goody box today to put away or display.  Had fun at Bath & Body  for sure.

Going to be a rainy day tomorrow and with that a cool down.  i can handle that.  Was 81* yesterday and about the same today.  Our normals are supposed to be 69* for this time of year.

Phone rings off the wall around here.  Politicians wanting your vote.  Need one of those talking Duck Dynasty dolls by the phone.

I used to do trick or treat.  Dress up and have fun while giving out candy.  I like to do either gypsy or witch.  By the time I get 'done up' can't tell if supposed to be a witch or a gypsy.  Costume comes straight out of the closet tooSmiley LOL  Still have my big feathered crow.  He is life-size.  have a lizard in his beak and he wears a sarna bell around his neck.  Used to have him perched by the candy 'caldron'.  Kids would want to pet him.  Now he is perched atop the walking stick in the corner here by the computer. Too many teenagers started coming around and that took the fun away for the little ones, so I stopped.  Old neighbor used to get into it too, so we kind of 'worked' together.

Message 643 of 3,155
latest reply

I love long car trips, especially when it's not all interstate and can drive through lots of little towns.  I need to plan one of those soon.  Dh is a terrible passenger though so he does most of the driving.  If I'm driving I make him ride in the trunk.

The political people are driving me insane at home.  We don't have a landline so don't get the calls but I get 5 or 6 of them every evening at the front door.  Tempted to put a big sign on the door that says "I've already voted. Go away!"  Such a grump.

Your weather sounds lovely - we actually got some sun but I think we're back to rain again today.  But it gave dh a chance to get up on the roof and check for damage, etc.  We've had such a beautiful October I really can't complain.

I could spend a lot of money at Bath & Body Works, I usually go just before Christmas when I have a lot of coupons and stock up.

Your Halloween costume sounds great.  And so does the crow.  Pics please.  I just hand out big handfuls of candy!  I hope 20 pounds is enough this year.

Woo hoo!  Gas is down to $2.93.  Must be time to fill dh's truck.

Going to be a long day, I can tell.  Follow up with surgeon - healing going well, just want it to be over with.  I know, I'm impatient.

v446 - Copy.jpg

Message 644 of 3,155
latest reply

Haha!  I would still be enroute home if I took the off-road way, but I do like to take rides like that.  Trying to remember the cheapest gas price on my trip.....for sure I remember 2.79.  That beats the 4.plus of last year.  I saved $$$ this year in gas alone.

Rainy day today.  Was able to get that walk/run in the morning though.  It is 51* right now, so we are 30* cooler than yesterday.  Friday and Saturday nights will get down to 31*(predicted).  Guess will be time to bring the plants in.  Need to get the basement area organized to make room for them.

As soon as I can figure out how to get the pictures from the camera card burned to a disc, I will post the crow.  Don't know what happened, but all of a sudden it wouldn't work for me.  I took some doll pictures with my old 35mm and took the roll with me to a store back home.  They do such nice developing.  Thought I had a problem with my old camera until by chance, developed a roll of film there.  Been taking it there ever since.  Waiting a year is a drag, but what the hay.  By that time I forget what is on the roll and have neat surprise.  Anyway, had the roll put on a disc this time.

Have Dr. appt tomorrow to F/U on new medication.  Why I made that appt. for this week is beyond me.  Guess I wanted it done.  Glad you are healing well. Are you pleased with the result?  You can answer in secret code so no-one else can understandSmiley Very Happy

Speaking of Christmas, it is only 8 weeks away!!Smiley Surprised

Message 645 of 3,155
latest reply