cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Yay!  Rootie, you are out and about!

Had a great day out doors and decided to get that burning done.  I just love doing that.

Get up this morning to discover I have POISON OAK AGAIN!!Smiley Mad

Got my flu shot today.

I just have way too much excitement to write aboutSmiley Very Happy

....................shutdown sequence commencing.............

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 601 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh (((Shirls))) again, sooo soon?

Rootie~ did you ever get the chance to go sailing?

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 602 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh no Shirls!  Hopefully it won't be as bad as last time.

Quiet weekend - actually got some sleep in.

Hi Mark!  I got out sailing a few times this year and may go again  next weekend if the weather cooperates (I'm a fair weather sailor).

Back to work today - we'll see how long I last.  Be glad to get back to normal - or as normal as I get.

And, sob, baseball is over for the year.  No playoffs for us this year but we came oh so close.  Which is much better than the last few years and we'll do better next year..

Wonder if there's any food in the house for breakfast? Think I may need to go shopping.

Animal-memes-i-need-to-see-a-dentist - Copy.png

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 603 of 3,155
latest reply

Hm... my pic didn't show up - let's try again.

Animal-memes-i-need-to-see-a-dentist - Copy.png

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 604 of 3,155
latest reply

On the run this a.m. so I'll just leave this.  Have a happy!

b7c27c0c13c5e9a475f2d0815112a76a - Copy.jpg

Message 605 of 3,155
latest reply

I happen to like crazy friends!

Poison oak not near as bad this time, thank goodness!  Only have 3 small blisters and is not spreading like wildfire nor are the blisters getting so big.  Maybe getting the flu shot was a good idea.  My immune system may be working on antibodies for the flu vaccine instead of all the other 'stuff' for an allergic reaction.  OR maybe an exposure so soon after the last one has 'flooded' my system and it is saying; "oh it's that stuff again...never mind".Smiley Very Happy

Do you own your own sailboat?  They look so pretty out on the water with all the different colored sails.  Have never done a sailboat.  Cousin used to have a pontoon boat and that was fun.

Still hotter than hades here.  88* today.  Have a cool down coming on Friday, yay!!!

Message 606 of 3,155
latest reply

Good morning!

The crazier the better is my idea Shirls!  Makes the world oh so much more interesting!

Glad the poison oak is not as bad as before.  Maybe you need a hazmat suit to go out in your yard?

We don't have a sailboat (yet) but we know lots of people who do and since dh has sailed since he was a kid he is much in demand for the races, etc.  I'm getting better at it - I get to practice when we are out in the middle of nowhere and there's nothing to run into.

We're down in the mid-60s and rainy.  Fall has arrived.  However, I was in a store that had it's Christmas decorations up already.  Made me want to redecorate for them - with a hammer.  I love Christmas but, really?

Part-time at the office again today - getting better but still pretty sore and tired. 

We have to plan an exciting foray for Halloween - maybe we could give Mark a nerf gun for the flying carpet and he can take shots at grimrucks?  Oh!  How about we modify a water gun to shoot sparkles and glue?  Make the grimrucks all pretty?  ha ha ha!

funny-animal-captions-laugh-and-the-camel-laughs-with-you - Copy.jpg

Message 607 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, that's cute!!  That little girl(or is it a boySmiley Embarassed is laughing so hard.  Wonder what she is laughing about that we don't know??

I couldn't remember for sure on the sail boat.  It has been many moons ago since you talked about sailing.

We still have one more hot day to get through tomorrow and then a cool front is moving in.  Supposed to have thunderstorms tomorrow night; late.  Saturday's high may only be 60.  I hate it when it does that....no gradual cool down.  88* one day and 60 the next.  Oh well, no point in grumbling, just go along for the ride.

Which reminds me...halloween coming up!!  Yes we MUST go out on a foray that night.  We have to get Mark trained up on that magic carpet so we can all do the sorties in perfect unison.  Gets tricky with 2 brooms and then along comes a carpet.  They can sweep you right off your feet if not careful.  And we need to work on costumes too!  I have watched my favorite Hocus Pocus movie.  Love bette midler's teethSmiley Very Happy

I have seen Christmas stuff up here already too.  End of September; not even halloween yet.  Christmas is not about Christmas.  I'm ready to enjoy some fall as I love that time of year.

Message 608 of 3,155
latest reply

I love little kid's belly laughs - they are the happiest sounding thing in the world I think!

Yeah, fall is weird weather for sure.  Had the house opened up yesterday for awhile until it got to cold, but boy it smelled nice out there.  Worked until 3 p.m. yesterday which was longer than I probably should have and have to go in this morning.  I may take tomorrow off just to get some rest.

I've got to work on a costume too.  Wonder if I dressed up as the Queen Grimruck if I could fool anyone?  I think the fairies have offered to ride shotgun with Mark on the carpet for his first foray. 

And this is really bad, but I couldn't resist.

meloncollie - Copy.jpg

Message 609 of 3,155
latest reply

It has been many moons ago since you talked about sailing.

Hello Pals....

I remembered some weeks back, Rootie missed a chance to go sailing and was just asking.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 610 of 3,155
latest reply

I think the fairies have offered to ride shotgun with Mark on the carpet for his first foray.

How did I get to be so lucky....I'm ok with it I guess, as long as they're wearing boots.

LOL!

Message 611 of 3,155
latest reply

Bwahahaha!!  Love melon collie!!

I can definitely understand your being tired, Rootie.  I think you need a take-it-easy day.  Good idea on the fairies.

Mark ~ No problem.  No tinkerbells in the bunch. WWitch.JPG One of the fairies DOES wear boots and she knows where to put them when neededSmiley Very Happy   The witch would be happy  to assist(she doesn't look happy, but she really is). 

Message 612 of 3,155
latest reply

red&jane.JPG

Red wears boots; nice boots.  Trust me.  You will be in good hands Mark.

Message 613 of 3,155
latest reply

Maybe the witch's boots are too tight?

Well, I wanted to take today off but it's not happening.  Hoping for a 1/2 day.

No big plans for the weekend - have to do a Costco run, always fun.  Making dh go with me to do the heavy lifting.  Supposed to be a nice weekend though - low 70s and just a little rain.  I'll take it.

Have a happy Friday!

3fd6812ff2a79aad2747da43236a5053 - Copy.jpg

Message 614 of 3,155
latest reply

What a pretty belly dancer vixen kitty.  I like her.

Yes, I think the witch's boots are too pointy toed which makes her unapproachable at times.

A Costco run does sound like fun.  I like to go shopping. Period.

This puter has been running a bit slow lately and CPU usage is up.  I am thinking it is either ebay or it is this firefox exe. carp.  Wonder how I can get it off?  I did not install it; guess it installed itself(scratching head and shrugging shoulders with confused look on face).

We are getting our cool down.  Wind blew it in this afternoon.  Got a little rain last night; .35, but will take it, even though need more.  Supposed to be in the low 40's by morning.  That is always fun after a long long stretch of upper 80's.  By next week, we are to be back into the upper 80's.  When I take my trip, I guess I will be packing everything from shorts and tees to boots and sweaters with a winter coat just in case.

Found some fun things at the flea market today.  A Tammy doll with dirty blonde color hair.  She has a scrape on her chin though and hoping I can smooth that out.   Also a Francie doll(Barbie's cousin).  Was not that interested in her, but since she was in the bag with Tammy and the two of them were only 2 bucks I figured what the hay.   My 3 footer Barbie was not selling at the thrift store so withdrew her yesterday.  Redid her hair and found some really cute clothes for her today.  Now I need to ask more for herSmiley Tongue  If I can't get it, then I guess I keep herSmiley Wink  I like working on the dolls.  It is relaxing and fun and good excuse to still play with dolls at my age.

My SIL should be arriving in Rome in just a few short hours.  Lucky dog.

Message 615 of 3,155
latest reply