cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Can't eat his best friend, but look at those ears.........the temptation is there.

70's day ~ 50's night.  That is ideal.

Was able to catch a sighting of our sharp shinned hawk late afternoon.  Right outside our bedroom window on the ground.  He had a sparrow in his clutch.  Later on I was talking to the neighbor and the hawk came soaring around the corner but had to turn very quickly to avoid us.   We were able to get a good look at his underside and wings.  He landed then on our sidewalk and was walking around by the bush where he catches his sparrow dinners.  He's not too shy.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 586 of 3,155
latest reply

It has cooled a lot today.  Should be a good day to be out and about tomorrow.

I'm leaving the porch-light on.

Message 587 of 3,155
latest reply

Too cool on the hawk AND the cooling off!

Busy day today but I came home to something similar to this.

stuff.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 588 of 3,155
latest reply

Now THAT is hilariousSmiley LOL   What a mess!!  They were bad kitties.  They stayed up late and trashed the house and acted as though they did not care.

As much as I think sparrows are pests, we have a male I call 'KingPin".  He is not feeling too hot lately.  He loses his balance and rolls onto his chest; tail goes straight in the air.  Sometimes he rolls like a summersault on to his back and struggles to get up.  He is not flying any more so stays on the ground and hides in the black eyed susans.  I used the hose to water the fern, so out he came.  He was getting water from the blades of grass.  So I took my sprinkle water can and dripped water for him so he could drink.  He doesn't even care if you are right there.  Poor little guySmiley Sad

Nice day to be out and about today!  Yippee!  Have the windows open too.

Message 589 of 3,155
latest reply

We are having a temporary 'reduction' in posting until the logging in process works right.  Went from Jamming to Barely there.Smiley LOL

Hope things get to working right, until then, the porch light is on.

Message 590 of 3,155
latest reply

Signing in has been a pain, esp over @ CS. 

Poor little sparrow!

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 591 of 3,155
latest reply

Look - it works!  I'm back!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 592 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie ~ There you are!!  Ever figure out what the problem was?  Well, I have a pretty good idea don't you? EBG(ebay glitch). Good to have you back as was getting kind of weird over here like abandoned luncheonette or something.  I forgot to answer your question and will get back to you on that.

Stay comfy and have a good week-end, what is left.  Tomorrow is Sunday already?

Been keeping busy enjoying all the nice weather the past several days.  Can't believe how much work I have been able to get done in the yard.  Have ALL the flower beds cleaned up and caught up on burning so will be ready for all the leaves, ha!  If the city offers to pick them up again this year, I will just do that instead.  Also been eradicating that dreadful poison ivy and poison oak!  Have been very careful though and so far have not 'exposed' myself to it.

Mark ~  Glad you peeked in too.  Had not seen you in a while.  Where you been hiding out?Smiley Tongue 

Message 593 of 3,155
latest reply

I have no idea why I couldn't log in for so long but it was annoying!  And I hate this new layout - it's busy, clunky and totally unneccessary. 

Our nice weather has given away to rain.  That's okay though - we need the rain right now.  Keeps me from having to water.

Busy day today (right) - got a ton of work to catch up on.

I was getting this attitude this morning from two felines.  Amazing that they both can give me that look at the same time.

Funny-Animal-Pictures-4 - Copy.jpg

Message 594 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the face on that cat!  We stopped by animal control to see what they had for adoption.  Most of the dogs were pit bull or pit bull mix.  Had a few kitties; one kitten looked a lot like the one above.  A brownish tabby and very talkative.  Such a cute face.  An adult cat was being adopted by a family with a young boy.  Poor cat had it's back to them, facing the corner.  You know how youngsters are with cats...pest pest pestSmiley Tongue

Nice day today; back down to the 70's.  Supposed to get to 44* tonight.  May have to dig out some warmer clothes in the AM for my morning walk.

Myah got a good brushing today.  She goes ape over being brushed.  Bet it does feel good to unload some of that hair(better than her pulling it out).

Message 595 of 3,155
latest reply

What a day!

Are you not able to log in again?

Duh!!  How can she read this if she can't log in?  Snort.Smiley Very Happy

Message 596 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy Wednesday!

Well, I could have logged in if I had had internet the last two days.  ARGH!  Something went fluey when it started raining and the whole neighborhood went out.  Rotten because I couldn't log into work so I had to watch movies and read books - was devastating I tell you!

I always want to scoop up a half dozen older cats and bring them home when I'm at the animal shelter.  Just give them a nice retirement.  If I had the time and money to devote to it I could totally be a crazy cat lady.

I do like the rain though - been nice and cool enough I can leave the house open.  Guess it's time to take the a/c out and do all the yard clean up.  Okay, I'm not actually going to do the yard clean up but I will supervise.  Neighbors were doing a massive yard clean up last week (yeah! finally!) and I guess they disturbed a few rat nests cause The Wonder Dog caught two last week (rats, not neighbors).  Rat guy said he's been seeing an uptick in rats the last couple of weeks - just that time of year.  Horrid things - at least they stay away from the house.

Ready for another foray?  I think the high school is having a bonfire this weekend after the football game.  Could be a blast!

It's way too early to be up and I see a nap in my near future.

animal-pictures-43 - Copy.jpg

Message 597 of 3,155
latest reply

Having to watch movies and reading books is unbearable esp. when you would rather be workingSmiley Very Happy

There was an older mama dog; chiwawa mix that I would not have minded to give her a retirement home.  She was sweet.

Would creep me out to see rats anywhere near my house.

Painted the wren house today.

Had appt today to have a cyst removed from back of my neck.  Lidocaine burns like crazy.  Incision is only about an inch long, but is it sore.  Only 4 stitches.  Can't imagine a large surface area that has been poked, scraped, snippedSmiley Surprised

Will have to think about a foray this weekend.  May need lots of coffee, ha!

Message 598 of 3,155
latest reply

I have a better idea.  I know you have extra room or maybe a doghouse?  I am going to hogtie a certain man to my auto pilot broom and send him your way.  Do with him what you like.....just be sure to send the broom back.Smiley Very Happy

Message 599 of 3,155
latest reply

Ouch on the cyst Shirls!

Made it to work today.  Notice I didn't say I actually worked, just that I made it there.

So did you paint the wren house to match your house?

You're so sweet to offer to send a man my way but I have enough to do keeping this one in line! 

Poured rain today and there was the pup sitting out there enjoying it all (she was under the roof of the patio, she does know enough to come out of the rain).  Until it got too loud - then she wanted in, my dog is a little wussy.

No big plans this weekend.  Going to ballgame tonight - last one of the season for us and that's always fun.  Going to be cold and rainy so I will pack foul weather gear.

Here, this will cheer you up!

969809_507110002698798_1072866250_n - Copy.jpg

Message 600 of 3,155
latest reply