eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Satellite TV for PC - Real or a Scam?

Hi all. My dh has been asking me about this pc software called Satellite TV for PC. Supposedly one can get over 2000 satellite channels from all over the world on the computer if you buy the software for the "LOW LOW INTRODUCTORY PRICE OF..... ONLY $39.95! There's nothing else to buy and it's suppposed to be free forever after that. Sounds too good to be true so I need to research it more. I'm not liking what I'm reading online, though there's not much information. Anyone with experience with this, good or bad? Thanks in advance!

Ummy
Hello / Salaam / Shalom / Howdy
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mister*seller
hi the actuall program you are talking about i have no idea if it is a scam or not i know ther is a way of getting some well alot of channels for free and i can give you the link but i have seen the add for the one you are talking about and i am normaly pretty good at finding software but that one i dont seem to be able to find......so my opinion is that it is either a scam or it is a closely guarded secret....due to the fact of what money can be made out of the program.......here is the link for the one i was talking about http://www.wwitv.com/ ......i my selfhave been on here and looked and it seems to work only checked a few channel but what do ya want for nothing......if you do find anything out about the other software then please do share as if it is not a scam then i would be very intrested in what the software is....cheers and best regards. chris
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I've got the software you are talking about and all I could say it is just a bunch of channels that arnt even worth watching, most of them don't work at all. I'm glad I got it for free.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

you mind sharing it?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Don't buy it! Waste of money. It's just a search engine for free sites. How dare it claim it has the best quality when it can't control the content.

It's channels are mostely christian channels and good luck finding and real popular movies. News channels maybe. But they are free elsewhere as someone pointed out. I wasted my money. Don't you do it.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have actually purchased a three pack satellie tv product off eBay and i can tell you it works perfectly, there are plenty of sports channels and news channels and a few good movie channels, yes there were a few channels that didnt work but i have tried hundreds of other channels that work perfectly, and for $10 i think it is well worth the money, i dont even use my old tv card anymore.

the only other thing i can say is dont knock something untill you try it, for $10 its definatly not a scam however i think $39 is a bit rich
Please use plain text.
Community Member

The new TV-Station website is www.global-itv.com. You could visit over 4400 TV from nearly all coutries. Everything is for free!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am a victim of sat Tv to pc as well I have down loaded soft ware some chines channels coming for a minute and disappear. Tvu player shows cannot initialize..I dont know what it meant...its a crap lost 39.95 Us$ what a waste
Please use plain text.
Community Member

DONT EVER THINK ABOUT TO BUY SATTELLINE FOR PC. YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF. I BOUGHT AND TOTAL JUNK... DONT EVER BUY IT... IT IS REAL SCAM.b>
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have the program "Satellite TV for PC" (Purchased) and so far it is a bust. the help files do not work and the "setup" menu is a bust also. I have e-mailed the company and I am waiting for a responce.

I would like to see Thai TV in the states.

I would not recomend this software for purchace to anyone.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi There i also purchased Satellite for pc :-( like
a mug and its the biggest pile of s**t i have ever
downloaded i just feel sorry for others who have been scam'd ni need
Please use plain text.
Community Member

no no no dont buy any sat for pc tv software its crap it don't work apart from a few chinese stations don't waist your money its a big scam they don't returned emails
the help link is dead these people are making lots of money from this i was had for $58.00 about £30.00 i must be mad
Please use plain text.
Community Member

People,don't pay for something you can get for free.Remember(logic)that satellites,and internet don't meet,so "pc satellite" isn't nothing more than a very cheap software,that shows nothing more than you can see free with your windows media player or a Real Player.There are many websites where one can pick a favorite tv station from almost any country around the world,and it's all free.You can go to(for instance)www.comfm.com,and you'll be able to choose among scores of tv stations from all corners of the globe.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Anyone find a site that has subtitled movies for the Deaf
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Get internet tv totally free?? There is nothing "free" about http://www.worldtvpc.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the wealth of information! I just wanted to add my 2 cents...
I just spent about 20 min. on www.global-itv.com and www.worldtvpc.com and both appear to be nothing else than a collection of the links to the TV station WEBSITES worldwide. I've checked some of these WEBSITES, there were no FREE TV or movies on ANY of them WHATSOEVER. Worldtvpc.com had a link to the watchonline.TV (also free, of course), but the latter required downloading of their software.... So, I hope you've got an idea and won't waste YOUR time on this SPAM.
My Best!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thanks for the info. I just spent a bunch of time reading supposed revies online. I suspected they were fake review. What you all have said seems to confirm this. I will not be purchasing this download, but I might try out some of the sites you all suggested.THANX
Please use plain text.
gee56usa
Community Member

Godh, I don't want TV on my computer. I keep my TV going in the background besdie me while I am on the computer. LOL

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

There is no such word as bidded.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello friends,
I have been scamed by sat on tv also. It is crap and i was so mad about it. I bought it on Ebay and I have a dispute with the seller as we speak. The seller had sold 100's of copies of this crap to people at a low price, but live and learn. I have found some great site that I would like to share that had full lengh movies and shows that you can see for FREE<<<<<< www.alluc.org it had lost of shows, cartoons and moives to watch and the other is www.veoh.com it had shows and videos to watch. :^O Best Luck
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi guys, found a useful review on satellite tv for pc on squidoo. They're meant to be a pretty reliable source so if you want to have a quick look you can find the review at www.squidoo.com/satellite-tv-on-pc-review

Hope it helps
Please use plain text.