cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay doesn't protect sellers

southernbell57
Enthusiast

Ebay doesn't care about there sellers! It's all about the buyers! If it wasn't for sellers ebay wouldn't be here! They always agree with buyers screw the sellers is what they policy should really say! You follow the rules and you think your protected but your not!

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: ebay doesn't protect sellers

You'll find Amazon does more or worse
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 46 of 111
latest reply

I had a buyer contact me 2 days before my auction ended...2 days. Sent me a message saying that he didn't want to pay the current bid of $37. Instead of retracting his bid....he left it. My item sold to him for $237 and he flat out refused to pay. I contacted ebay and was told that he would be give an "unpaid item strike" and that I could relist the item for free. Ebay needs to abide by its own rules...a bid is legally binding and needs to be fulfilled.
Message 47 of 111
latest reply

They dont care, they violate their own policies but expect us to follow. I am about to give us selling. Ebay encourage thief.
Message 48 of 111
latest reply

Before the return ahipping label policy added, almost all my returns are dont like or dont fit or dont look good. Since the policy was created. Most of our items have "not as described" so that seller have to pay for buyers to use our jewelry for fees for 15 days without causing a peny.
Message 49 of 111
latest reply

All my return items now are "not as described", wasnt this way the past 19 yrs. nothing changed on my business!
Message 50 of 111
latest reply

I am a victim. I wish I can sell else where.
Message 51 of 111
latest reply

EBay did abide by their rules, file the nonpaying bidderand they get a strike.

EBay can't force a buyer to pay nor a seller to ship. But they set consequence for violations of their policies.

As many have found , a ninpaying bidder is better than an unhappy bidder that files a complaint that costs seller shipping both ways
Message 52 of 111
latest reply

Isn't that the truth! There are blogs, websites, etc out there just telling everyone, if you dont want to pay for return shipping, just say its not as described, so you won't have to pay for the return shipping or restocking fees! Kind of over this whole thing that there is absolutely NO seller protection! It's so sad that it has come to this. Probably best for us all to start looking for other ways to sell our items!!! 

Message 53 of 111
latest reply

Most have been looking for years.

No one should depend on just 1 venue.
Message 54 of 111
latest reply

You're so right , i and totally agree with you ,... i recently just got scameed by this buyer who just recently sign up wit ebay 2 months ago . i'm a top rated  seller (wich ebay doesn't give a **bleep**) however i gor scamed by this buyer stating item not received when i sold him a excelent condition phone , he showed me phots with a damage phone when i asked him to provide me the IMEI he refused , and here  ebay suport  step in decide  and close the case in his favor , now waiting to get don't know what kind of **bleep**y phone back , there is no seller protection whatsoever & they need to keep in mind they have those jobs because of good sellers like us i pay every month betwen 300$-500$ in fees sometimes more but that's my average > funny they protect actually the scammer (how stupid it sound) but yes this is Ebay , i recomend swappa for selling phones ....less fees and you deal with paypal in case of dispute they only  charge you 3.5 % final ale ebay 10% and their custumer suport make me sick , i've deal with so many ebay  represantative don't even know how they got their  job there ,   Paypal  from my experience has much better custumer suport

Message 55 of 111
latest reply

i completely agree with seller estate diamond from my own experience with ebay customer support Yes They dont care, they violate their own policies but expect us to follow. I am about to give us selling. Ebay encourage thief.
Message 56 of 111
latest reply

You know the risks selling in any venue. You accept the risks by selling in that venue.

When ot happens you cry foul , yhat ot shouldnt happen to you , others yes but not you.

Message 57 of 111
latest reply

Yep.  I just sold expensive books -- $550 in books.  The buyer claimed that they weren't in the condition advertised.  Ebay refunded the buyer.  And the buyer sent me back other books.  Not the ones I sent him.  Total fraud.  And eBay said that they couldn't do anything about it.  I'm out $550 now.  

@southernbell57 wrote:

Ebay doesn't care about there sellers! It's all about the buyers! If it wasn't for sellers ebay wouldn't be here! They always agree with buyers screw the sellers is what they policy should really say! You follow the rules and you think your protected but your not!

Message 58 of 111
latest reply

How could you now prove what you dent and prove what was sent back . Ebay cant see either.
Message 59 of 111
latest reply

So true. If it wasn't for the sellers ebay would be out of business. I wish there was a better online platform to sell item that protects the buyers

Message 60 of 111
latest reply