cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

Last night I received a disturbing Paypal payment, it was definately different. The email said in part...
"You've received a payment....blah blah blah... We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction...blah blah blah....We’ll release the hold in 21 days..."

The email further states that Paypal/eBay MAY release the funds early if:
1. The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
2. We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

The email also instructed me to SHIP the item right away.

No. 1: I don't need eBay or Paypal to advise me on something I already do very well. Although we are relatively new at this, we have STELLAR Rating of 100%.

No. 2: A 21 Day Hold on our money is B.S! Its OUR money. But of course this maneuver allows Ebay & Paypal to significantly increase revenue by reaping (raping) the interest on millions of dollars.

I too want eBay to be a safe and trusted shopping venue, but this punishes those of us who follow the rules. It should be implemented on only those who are failing to provide quality customer service.

I also noticed the sneakiness involved. This was not widely broadcast in advance (I don't recall hear/reading anything about it) and It was implemented on a Friday afternoon. I sure hope everyone raises 2 colors of hell about this. Lodge a Formal Complaint.

Uncle Fred
Message 1 of 365
latest reply
364 REPLIES 364

Re: eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

Hey, we're all adults here so we don't need your quotes or philosophies on life. Keep them for your children " age is a measure of wisdom..." BS!!!

Message 256 of 365
latest reply

Then act like an adult , it's very simple.
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 257 of 365
latest reply

If you chose "out of stock" as the reason to cancel you gave yourself the defects. That reason is a defect as things changed in what is counted. Never use out of stock. Use problem with buyers address ect.
Message 258 of 365
latest reply

hi Redbud, I find it rather distressing you commenting on peoples lively hood via your mean sarcasm. You are offering nothing at all to this discussion. Please refrain.

Message 259 of 365
latest reply

Dear eBay/PayPal,

You're scammers and should be appauled by your own treatment of the loyal users who have prodided your income over the years. I will likely be removing my listings and giving up on eBay due to the horrendous way we, the sellers, are treated. 21 day hold on my payments? No. You're not going pull one over on me like that. I'm no fool.

Also, buyers rarely, if ever, leave feedback for the sellers. Feedback should be a required part of the transaction. Not optional. 

Message 260 of 365
latest reply

Required feedback leads to more negatives, so you want more negatives?

The holds are listed in the UA in both sites.
Message 261 of 365
latest reply

My account has 100% positive feedback and be never had any issues. I've sole hundreds of items with no issue and they started holding my money hostage for no reason. Every transaction over $100 has been held for 21 days or longer even after tracking numbers showed it was delivered and positive feedback had been left. I called and complained a few times. I was told it's a sellers protection made to protect me. HAHAHAHA. I'm done with EBay and PayPal. They're ruining my
Business.
Message 262 of 365
latest reply

You need to read the procedures on getting funds released sooner.

And it's more than likely you need to check your seller dashboard for defects.

Out of stock can be a big defect. As well as not responding to return requests
Message 263 of 365
latest reply

I sold an item too this morning, and ebay said, the buyer paid, I need to ship, so as usual, I printed the shipping label, and mailed it out in post office. Then I went to Ebay to transfer the money, got a surprise, telling me the fund will NOT be available 21 days from now. Send them an email, and this is their reply.  THere is NO  answer about why they hold my money. This whole thing is weird, and sucks!  Just now, trying to call them, put on hold for 40 minutes, I gave it up.  The only thing I am hoping is this is a one time thing. If they are going to hold every payment for my sale, then I will have to say good bye to Ebay/Paypal crooks!

-------------------------------------

Hello ,

Thanks for your email. Based on your selection, we are sending you some details about payment statuses. If you require additional information, please reply to this message or contact us at 1-888-221-1161, Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT and Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT.

A. What are the different statuses for receiving payments?

Here are some definitions to help you understand payment status:

• Canceled by Payment Review - The transaction was canceled. We'll notify you when the payment has been refunded to the buyer.
  • Cleared – Your eCheck has cleared. The money is in your account.
  • Cleared by Payment Review – We've reviewed the transaction. The money is in your account. This transaction is eligible for Seller Protection.
  • Completed - The transaction was successful. The money is in your account.
  • Denied - You didn't accept the payment. The money was credited back to the buyer's account.
  • Held – We're reviewing the transaction and the payment might be reversed. Check the Resolution Center for more information.
  • On hold - Money is being held temporarily, either because the buyer filed a dispute or we're reviewing the transaction. Look for an email with more information.
  • On hold/ship now – There's a payment hold. Your money will be released after 21 days. To receive your payment sooner, ship the item and provide a tracking number.
  • Partially Refunded - You issued a partial refund to the buyer.
  • Pending Until - We're reviewing the transaction. Look for an email with more information.
  • Removed - The transaction has been canceled.
  • Temporary hold - A payment is being held temporarily. As soon as it's been authorized, you'll be able to use or withdraw your money as usual.
  • Unclaimed - You haven't accepted the buyer's payment. Please log in to your account and claim this payment as soon as possible. Unclaimed transactions are automatically canceled after 30 days.
  • Uncleared - The buyer sent you an eCheck, but the money hasn't cleared their bank account. The money isn't in your account yet. Don't ship the merchandise until the payment clears.
  • Under review - We're reviewing the transaction. Don't ship the merchandise until we complete our review.
  • Updated - The status of this transaction has been updated. Look for an email with more information.

B. What is the status of my money request or invoice?

The following is a key to the status of a Money Request or Invoice:

• Pending - Money Request/Invoice has been sent but has not been paid. You may pay, edit, send a reminder, or cancel the request.
  • Paid - The recipient has initiated the payment. Once the payment is successful, it will show as "Completed."
  • Canceled - The money request has been canceled. No further action is necessary.

Note:

• When the buyer pays the Money Request/Invoice, their primary email address will show in the History Log, even if the request was sent to their secondary email address.
  • A Money Request remaining unpaid after 30 days is automatically canceled.

We're introducing a new and improved Invoice tool to some customers. Until all customers are using the new Invoice tool, you may see different information. Here are payment statuses for the new Invoice tool:

• Canceled - Invoice was canceled.
  • Draft - Invoice was created and saved. It was not sent to the recipient.
  • Marked as paid - Manually marked as paid by the sender of the invoice.
  • Paid - Invoice was paid through PayPal.
  • Sent - Invoice was sent.

Depending on an invoice's status, you can perform certain actions on an invoice. For example, you can print all invoices, but you can only edit invoices that have not been paid, marked as paid, or canceled.

C. What does the status of my refund mean?

The following is a key to the status of Full or Partial Refunds:

• Completed - The money has successfully transferred from the recipient's PayPal account back to the sender's PayPal account.
  • Pending - The refund will post as 'Completed' when the transfer has cleared, which may take 3-5 business days.
  • Refunded - The money has been successfully returned to the sender's PayPal account.
  • Partially Refunded - A portion of the payment was returned to sender's PayPal account.
  • Canceled - The pending refund could not be processed. Please contact the sender of the refund for further information.

Note:

• Placed and Removed - These statuses refer to the temporary hold on a payment rather than the payment itself. A hold is placed on a transaction (for example when a refund is pending) and is later removed when the transaction either completes or is canceled (see above). When checking the status of your refund, you should refer to the original transaction in the related payments, not the hold.
  • Because of credit card policies, refunds to credit cards can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement.
  • Refunds are in the same currency as the original payment.
  • PayPal uses the same conversion rate as the original payment.

Thanks,
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Message 264 of 365
latest reply

Redbud_farm is a coolaid drinker. Lol
Message 265 of 365
latest reply

Naw, but I'll make you a cup.
Message 266 of 365
latest reply

Great post. I thought it was ME, I didn't know about this thieving (new) policy . If I had a million bucks and I put it in the bank for 21 days I would get back quite a bit more than the million I put in. I think its all about money and they wont be getting anymore of MINE. GOT to come up with a better way to sell. I you price things RIGHT you can sell ANYWHERE . Thanks again.

Message 267 of 365
latest reply

Yep , I'm making money. So is most honest sellers on eBay.

If you are losing money it's only due to your own actions
Message 268 of 365
latest reply

I agree went to the store and Card was Declined and I have been on since 2003 and NEVER had my funds put on HOLD. I sell laptops and this is a GREAT way for scammers to take out parts and put broken parts back  in and Say not as described. I take Video of all my laptops working and have spent Many hours of my time having to PROVE myself on the phone with Ebay Ppayl from these CROOKS out here. I have a NO RETURN POLICY just for that reason. So I guess I will start selling AS/IS with no Warranty and will NOT be DOA upon Arival. Guess I will go buy some tamper proof seals for the laptops I sell to cover my myself. This is really becomming a JOKE and I have asked who is the IDIOT that gave the ok for this B.S. and I never get a answer from them. It's a losing battle for the Honest seller's. 

Spoiler

Message 269 of 365
latest reply

Doesn't really matter as nothing you do will prove to eBay what you sent wasn't wat was returned.
Message 270 of 365
latest reply