cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

Last night I received a disturbing Paypal payment, it was definately different. The email said in part...
"You've received a payment....blah blah blah... We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction...blah blah blah....We’ll release the hold in 21 days..."

The email further states that Paypal/eBay MAY release the funds early if:
1. The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
2. We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

The email also instructed me to SHIP the item right away.

No. 1: I don't need eBay or Paypal to advise me on something I already do very well. Although we are relatively new at this, we have STELLAR Rating of 100%.

No. 2: A 21 Day Hold on our money is B.S! Its OUR money. But of course this maneuver allows Ebay & Paypal to significantly increase revenue by reaping (raping) the interest on millions of dollars.

I too want eBay to be a safe and trusted shopping venue, but this punishes those of us who follow the rules. It should be implemented on only those who are failing to provide quality customer service.

I also noticed the sneakiness involved. This was not widely broadcast in advance (I don't recall hear/reading anything about it) and It was implemented on a Friday afternoon. I sure hope everyone raises 2 colors of hell about this. Lodge a Formal Complaint.

Uncle Fred
Message 1 of 365
latest reply
364 REPLIES 364

Re: eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

So I just rung them up and they manually release my funds to me. **bleep** has the funds been doing sitting for 2 weeks in paypals account. I provided a tracking number and everything and the buyer picked it up a week ago. Why don't they automate this process better seems as though I and all of you pay them for a service.

Message 166 of 365
latest reply

This is a HUGE CLASS ACTION lawsuit waiting to happen.  Where are the lawyers when we really need them?     $$$$$$ are waiting for you just around the corner.  

This "new policy" isn't just flat-out WRONG -- it's CRIMINAL!!  

Message 167 of 365
latest reply

I too am furious.  I opened a new account 4 weeks ago and was told once the tracking number and feedback was received I would get my money released from PayPal....................Yeah, sure.  Have rang them several times AND TOLD YES, YOUR MONEY WLL BE RELEASED TOMORROW.  STILL NOTHING!!   I THINK THIS IS PROBABLY ILLEGAL BUT WHAT CAN WE DO?  e-bAY AND pAYpAL ARE BOTH OVERSEAS.    I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER USE THEM AGAIN.  JUST WAIT UNTIL E-B AY ENDS ME AN INVOICE ,THEY CAN WAIT..........

31 DAYS.

Message 168 of 365
latest reply

Hi

2 points

1) Ebay was told by Australian Consumer Competition Comission to cease and desist requiring paypal (only) as a form of payment.

so now we have Paymate and Paypal.  You have to pick at least one, and then can have "cash", "credit card", etc.  Yet the ebay

help document says I can have "credit card" as a trusted source.  You cannot - it's not available anymore.. 

2)  I don't want to wait upto 21 days for payment (I live week to week, and sell a few extra things on ebay on the side).  I've sold $500

woth of items in 2 years - totalling 10 items.  Perfect feedback (when they choose to leave it). 

- No negative feedback

- No claims for incorrect/missing items

- No claims for anything in fact.

This is "risky" - and my items attract the up-to 21 days wait.

The buyer is covered for upto 45 days after the sale.  this is only a money making exercise on ebay/pay pals behalf.

I will be raising this with the ACCC - and I urge everyone who has the same issue to raise it with the relevant financial body in their country.

In Australia Ebay/Pay pal is already being questioned about tax fraud because of the structure of their companies - and the way the money

goes off shore.

Yes Ebay does need to make buyers comfortable - but Ebay needs to remember the WHOLE REASON that ebay/pay pal exists is to take

some fees from sellers.  Less sellers equals less customers - equals less profit.

I'm moving to ETSY and GUMTREE (less or no fees) for all my selling..

And I urge everyone who posts here to use tags like below - to get the search engines to continually bring up this post (and similar) when anyone searchs

for the words...

** EBAY PAYPAL POLICY 21 DAYS FRAUD RIPOFF SCAM PROFIT MONEY **

Message 169 of 365
latest reply

Bye-bye , eBay isn't for everyone
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 170 of 365
latest reply

Do not bother reading the rules or Terms and conditions as I have been just told by Ebay, they are not totally correct and they are in the process of updating the website. **bleep** - I posted an item as per the instructions, used an Ebay label, the tracking number was upadated immediately by Ebay, the item has been posted, received and feedback left - my funds will clear by 24/12/14. It is the 17th today, add 3 days I get the 20th, but no according to Ebay it is the 24/12. Was then told I should have posted the item with a signature request. I have had to use my own funds to sent the item, now they want me to spend more money to get a signature when I only charged the buyer standard postage. I asked where this was on the website, no answer was told they would refer it to the manager.  Go and f... your selves you are all a group of corporate theives. Time for a class action again. 

Just a greedy money grabing corporate entity - take fees for a sale, take paypal fees, keep your money and get interest on it, and then tell you the terms and conditions will change whenever they see fit to change them. 

Just wait when you want payment - sorry my new terms and conditions is um 21 days maybe.

Message 171 of 365
latest reply

I sold an item, it has been shipped, feedback left and I will have to wait another 8 days for the funds to be released. When I asked about the three days, I got, oh 7 days from now, no 7 days from when the item was received, add 3 days from when you put in the tracking number blah blah blah - all different stories. They are a bunch of lying thieves.
Message 172 of 365
latest reply

The funds are in the paypal account, on hold, accruing interest for Ebay. My item was delivered 16/12/14 and positive feedback left, however I will not get my funds until 24/12/14 - so not after the item has been delivered, not three days after it has been delivered - it is when ever Ebay feels like it. This is a new policy as I have been selling on an off for years. Sold some items in October and the funds were available instantly.
Message 173 of 365
latest reply

I spoke with eBay's Customer Service about this and got absolutely nowhere.  Then I asked to speak with a manager.  After quite a wait, a guy named Francis came on the line, who said he was a manager.  Here's the dialog:

Francis:  The ONLY thing I can do to help you is to read you the policy.

Me:  I already know what the policy is.  I think eBay is really jerking its sellers around.

Francis:  I don't appreciate inappropriate language.

Me:  (stunned)  Are you telling me that the phrase "jerking sellers around" is inappropriate language?

Francis:  YOU WERE WARNED!!!  (Francis hung up the phone on me.) 

TRUE STORY

Message 174 of 365
latest reply

Hi

i talked to paypal so many times and they asked me to submit some documents 

1   Proof of Id

2   Proof of address

3   Proof of Business Resolve

4   Resolve Complain

5   Information about your product

These five things they want from me and i submitted

My passport copy

My office id copy

My UAE Id copy

My trade License

My audit report

and Uncle Bill copy coz i am leaving in my uncle house

and my telephone bill copy

I called so many times but they only tic Proof of Id and Resolve complain

3 things are still not resolved.

I called so many times but they said that we file a your complain that's it

they hold my 2 withdrawal which first withdrawal on 21st november and 2nd on 7th december plus above 500 pounds is still stuck

paypal and ebay making money on that to hold money. I am not sure that they will send me the money or not

Right now i might be thinking to left paypal. I spend to much money on calls but no response. please don't sell anything if your paypal is limited or stuck.

I told my buyer that i will refund there money. I sold one jacket and coz of late delivery paypal gave him refund. right now i lost my jacet and money is also gone.

thanks

Message 175 of 365
latest reply

The "holds" are something ebay/PayPal believes protects them from losses, so they won't remove them.

Just follow the requirements 100% to get the funds released
Message 176 of 365
latest reply

What happens if you email concert tickets? Emails don't have tracking number. Also what if the buyer doesn't leave any feedback to say they have rec'd the item? Will I still get my money. My buyer paid straight away after the auction and I emailed them twice asking them to confirm what email address they wanted tickets sent to but no response. Even after sending tickets via email no response! My eBay status is rated as above standard and I have sold over $3000 of items on eBay and had no negative feedback. I also buy off want and have good feedback. I think I meet eBay so call security risks standards. I hate this new system, have sold a lot of thing on eBay and always go access to my find immediately! Gumtree here I come!
Message 177 of 365
latest reply

Email sent items have no protection, so if buyer files a complaint you'll lose everything.

Read the rules on digitally delivered goods on eBay and pay pal

The "system " isn't new , been in place for years.
Message 178 of 365
latest reply

Five years trading through eBay, and now I need to build a history as a seller while they hold my $280???

DISGRACEFUL.... I SELL BECAUSE I NEED THE MONEY YOU SELFISH PRICKS!!!
Message 179 of 365
latest reply

Ah, you failed to read the changes over those 5 years
Message 180 of 365
latest reply