cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

Last night I received a disturbing Paypal payment, it was definately different. The email said in part...
"You've received a payment....blah blah blah... We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction...blah blah blah....We’ll release the hold in 21 days..."

The email further states that Paypal/eBay MAY release the funds early if:
1. The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
2. We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

The email also instructed me to SHIP the item right away.

No. 1: I don't need eBay or Paypal to advise me on something I already do very well. Although we are relatively new at this, we have STELLAR Rating of 100%.

No. 2: A 21 Day Hold on our money is B.S! Its OUR money. But of course this maneuver allows Ebay & Paypal to significantly increase revenue by reaping (raping) the interest on millions of dollars.

I too want eBay to be a safe and trusted shopping venue, but this punishes those of us who follow the rules. It should be implemented on only those who are failing to provide quality customer service.

I also noticed the sneakiness involved. This was not widely broadcast in advance (I don't recall hear/reading anything about it) and It was implemented on a Friday afternoon. I sure hope everyone raises 2 colors of hell about this. Lodge a Formal Complaint.

Uncle Fred
Message 1 of 365
latest reply
364 REPLIES 364

Re: eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

My money is being held although i've used paypal / ebay for the last decade on an off. When I paid for shipping through ebay they did not take money out of my balance but form my bank. 😞 Looking for solutions in these forums as I have been on hold with paypal for the last 20 minutes without talking to a real person yet...

Message 151 of 365
latest reply

Too bad I ran into this 21-day nonsense after selling an item. If I had know it was going to take so long to get my OWN money, I wouldn't have sold my item on ebay in the first place,  nor am I going to that again. Buying things on ebay is ok, too bad most  sellers are no better than treacherous thieves in ebay's eyes. 

Message 152 of 365
latest reply

I called paypal twice the 1st person said money could be released when the person receives their items, the 2nd person said no I would have to wait 3 days after confirmed delivery.. This makes me not want to sell anymore

Message 153 of 365
latest reply

have a garage sale , you gets your money quicker , a lot less but quicker.

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 154 of 365
latest reply

Ok so obviously this policy applies to certain people as I sold a video game yesterday and I'm trying to print a shipping label thorugh paypal or ebay and they're both making ME pay for the shipping?! I don't have a problem with the holding of funds to establish an account but how the heck do they expect me to just keep paying for shipping on my own? It used to be a ticker that said something to the effect of "have eBay pay and take it out once held funds are released" well that's GONE!

Is this some glitch?

Message 155 of 365
latest reply

LOL, as SOON as I posted that comment I went to try again because I gotta get this guy his game. And voila, the ticker pops back up. So apparently it's a glitch. All is well.

Message 156 of 365
latest reply

just charge e-bay interest when you pay your bill

Message 157 of 365
latest reply

Okay so I am guessing they have changed their policies again. I spoke with ebay and they told me because I sold over 2000 worth of items and have been a member for over a year I just needed to reach 25 Items total sold. I did and they then told me it was not enough as I was considered a causal user and only had16 transactions (multiple sales in one transaction does not count) in the last 60 days. At this point I printed out the paperwork that stated the requirements as I have an above standard rating with 100% positive feedback. They told me that casual sellers, or those who do not sell 25 items in 90 days now have to wait to have their funds released for 21 days. So they told me now to get another 9 transaction  and then I would be out of the program. Have any of you dealt with this?

Message 158 of 365
latest reply

the shipping portion will be released but you have to check the box to enroll under the button to purchase postage then use a credit card 1 time and it takes postage from the buyers money on hold

Message 159 of 365
latest reply

Well, my xbox I sold last week, is due to be delivered in two days so, I'm hoping I get my money by the end of the week.
Message 160 of 365
latest reply

Ebay is a bunch of corporate **bleep**s and liars as well...plain and simple. I just started selling after they said "free listing", and after what I have up now is done, I am selling no more. I also included a note in the actual auctions telling any buyers to contact me first before paying (I will send them an invoice outside of ebay through my verified and legit over a decade business) and if they dont, then the sale gets canceled and their money refunded. This holding funds **bleep** should be illegal. The whole point of my selling on ebay was to make some quick extra cash.

I think all sellers they're pullin this **bleep** on should just do a mass boycott of Ebay...maybe then they will think twice.

Message 161 of 365
latest reply

Message 162 of 365
latest reply

So I take it I picked the wrost time to start selling some things I cleaned out of a closet.

I wondered why when a person paid for a item I had to use my credit card to ship it. I

then looked amnd seen it was on hold so now I'm going have seven auctions go out and

have them all on hold and have to pay all shipping cost myself this pretty much SUXs

Guess you live and learn.

Message 163 of 365
latest reply

Yes well ,I too have the same problem, I phoned the ebay & paypal idiots and still no good, I was told as soon as the buyer leaves positive feedback or the item is delivered via the tracking number my funds will be released.

That's bull**bleep** as nearly all my stuff has been delivered and feedback has been left  and funds are still on hold.

Almost 3 grand owing to me.

I will not sell anything more on ebay until my funds are cleared.

We need another alternative for Ausie sellers ,why cant someone come up with a good australian auction site with reasonable fees.

Message 164 of 365
latest reply

I'm sooooo freaking annoyed by this too. Paypal is making interest off my money that I got sent from selling an item on Ebay. Free listing and I made it free postage. I sold an iPhone a year or 2 ago and this bullcrap never was around then. Can we start a class action suit on Paypal and Ebay?. Seems as though Paypal charged me a 8.10 fee and hasn't provided a service properly? while at the same time Ebay got their greasy 9.9% mitts on the other portion of my sold item. Sold a iPad for $325 and I get $284 of that amount. I'm a high star rated buyer on Ebay (I buy a lot) and I use Paypal practically every day/week. How are they getting away with this?. Could you imagine the interest they make by allowing payments to sit in their balance (millions at one time) plus the killing they make with fees. Biggest scam going I say, as bad as ticketek. We do need to make a group site buying and selling site like eBay and not sell out like gum tree did.

Message 165 of 365
latest reply