eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
stinky*felix
Community Member

Good Evening! B-)

It's getting cooler here and I know how I've been missed, and this board definitely needs livening up so I thought I would pop in to see how everyone is.

JeanE, are you still out there??  I read some recent posts and don't see a thing by you.  :smileyindifferent:

* * * * * * Always act like you are wearing an invisible crown. * * * * * *
Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

Re: Good Evening! B-)

in reply to stinky*felix

Heh.  Got to love this.  I'm sure this must be part of the 'Obama Recovery Plan.'  Someone let me know when it's over. 

Gas prices roar to California record, hitting average of $4.614 per gallon

http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/06/14265549-gas-prices-roar-to-california-record-hitting...

Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

I see Seattle is having problems with mountain lions, now.  I wonder when they'll get the sharpshooters out to annihilate them?

Please use plain text.
a_rootie_tootie
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Hey Stinky - good to see you!

I don't know about mountain lions but there was a big horned sheep running around loose for awhile!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Hi Rootie!

Wow, it really is quiet around here isn't it? 

I read about the wolves.  I didn't read everything though, because it would have upset me too much.  It was just the headlines.

Big-horned sheep.  I didn't even know they lived here! 

How are you feeling?  Any word on the back surgery?  Or are you doing okay without it?

Please use plain text.
a_rootie_tootie
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

The sheep was someone's pet who got lose and was wandering around.  I'm not sure why someone would think keeping a pet sheep in the city was a good idea.

It has been rather quiet around here - I've been busy as can be so it's only recently that I've really had a chance to stop by except for the mornings and realized just how quiet it is.

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Sorry, got sidetracked.

It's been pretty busy here as well.  And warm.  But I think Fall may finally be hitting us.  It's funny how there is no gradual change to our weather anymore.  We just go from one season to another in a day.

I stop in from time to time just to read, because I still don't trust what may be posted here.  And I noticed I am 'missed.'  :^O  And I noticed the board is even MORE quiet than when I left, which I didn't think was possible.

Geez.  JB really messed things up, didn't he?  I remember when I first came here (on the FBB, I mean) I couldn't keep up with all the posts. 

I hope JB didn't 'improve the boards' himself right ouf of a job.  :^O

Please use plain text.
a_rootie_tootie
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Yep, not nearly the same.  The "spark" seems to have gone out of the FBB.  If the plan was to make the board boring and listless, it seems to have worked.  Mostly the same old people fighting over who leaves FB first.

Oh well, things change.  I enjoy most of the people who are still posting so I like keeping up with most of them but don't spend as much time doing so.

Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

I used to love that board.  And now I can't remember the last time I visited it.  I guess I should pop over and see who is still posting.  But, since I can't say 'hello' to anyone without getting slapped there really isn't much point.

Rootie, I wish you could have been here in the 'old days.'  You would have fit in so well!  The chat moved so fast you couldn't keep up, and there were people from all parts of the country.  I used to be one of the first to sign off even though I was a left-coaster.  It was fun.  And the advice given was first-rate as well.

Please use plain text.
a_rootie_tootie
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Dinner time! 

Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Enjoy your dinner, Rootie.  I can't wait to hear what you had!

I just read a short story about a little endangered spider that is holding up a massive construction project in San Antonio.

YOU GO, SPIDER!!

I love it!  :-x

Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Oh, and 'Hi Mark!'

And, you're sooo right - who cares??

Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

And why is there still this stupid delay in posts?  So irritating.  If they're going to review them (which would be the onlly logical reason for the delay), why have the report pad?

For you Kennedy fans . . .  I received Bill O'Reilly's Killing Kennedy yesterday.  I haven't started reading it, yet.  I will probably start tonight.  I'll let you know what I think - if I make it all the way through.  An Unfinished Life is still on my coffee table waiting to be finished.  But O'Reilly's book is much shorter - about half the length.

Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Good lord.  I think they've all died.  How 'tre tragic'!  :^O !!!

Good night.

Please use plain text.
a_rootie_tootie
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Nothing exciting tonight Stinky - leftover chinese, it was my turn to cook again last night!

I have no idea why there is a delay, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to hire enough people to actually review the posts before they hit the board.  Wonder if they have set up some program that scans them for forbidden words before they post?  Probably not.

Please use plain text.
rules_of_acquisition
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Hi Stinky, good to see ya posting. 

You know the next time you flounce and return there will be no one left but us crickets. Where has everybody gone anyway???

.....I started at the top and worked my way down. Orson Welles
Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Hi Rootie and Rules.

Chilly here this morning - almost cool enough to turn on the heater.  We usually get our first rain by the end of the month, so I guess that will be on its way, too.  I remember when I used to look forward to that.

Mark sent me an email basically giving me a 'high 5' for posting, again.  So, at least I know he's still alive!  :-D

Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Oh joy.  Gas went up again overnight.  We're not up to an average of $4.66 a gallon for regular.  :smileyindifferent:

Thank goodness I don't have to commute far.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

This is about me saying "I'll be last", isn't it? Or at least being tempted to say it, anyway :smileywink:

:-p

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.
Please use plain text.
stinky*felix
Community Member

in reply to stinky*felix

Good evening!

I would have used a larger font, but this was the largest of the choices eBay gave me. :_|

Please use plain text.