eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ebay Sucks

in reply to konceptt

why the drama? leave, ebay doesn't care as more join each hour.

never seen so many have to shout they are "leaving" a venue , it realy doesn't matter

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mrcookies

agreed, I am dealing with the right now, as soon as I wrap up what I have left I am closing my account on Ebay and getting out..

Terrible customer service, they give the buyers the ability to just rip sellers off and then Ebay just sits here and collects fees for all of it..

I am SERIOUSLY DONE, as soon as I get dont with issues at hand im done with the **bleep** forever.

Please use plain text.
craneoperator_4
Community Member

in reply to stayunderscuba

I dont sell overseas as well...and I noticed a buyer from overseas won and never paid...I reported buyer to ebay because they had two foreign addresses...and later it was updated to an American one which looked fishy...so Ebay is doing nothing to help the sellers and stop this bogus bidding and getting through the sellers settings other than refunding fees.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 20thcenturysports

How about this?

Ebay forced me to change my password, then it would not log me in and I missed an auction for an item I was waiting over a year to be available...

20thcenturysports wrote:
Reason No. 1,222,473 Why Ebay Sucks.

Ebay's Policy: Buyer may give Seller NEGATIVE feedback & BLATANTLY & OBVIOUSLY LIE ~ Seller MAY NOT even leave Negative feedback for buyer.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to carolinesgoldandsilver

ebay reverses negative feedback left by buyers as well.  arbitrarily based only on the seller's word.  i have had two situations where i bought items that turned out to be fakes and when i left negative feedback, it was reversed by ebay. i appealed one time because the situation was so ridiculous.  the reversal was upheld because of a delay in shipping due to a hurricane in the south that happened two months before the item was purchased.  the negative was because the item was fake and the seller shipped from new york state.  i appealed again, this time to the president's office, pointing out the fallacies in ebay's reason for reversing the negative feedback and again it was upheld based on the original reason.  when i asked the service rep how he could support or even tell me this in good faith, he said he was not allowed to say anything, he was so embarrassed.   so i guess if all the sellers complaining about not being able to leave negative feedback, (which is as silly as buyers not being able to leave negative feedback when warranted) they should understand that buyers are in the same boat.  now i am going through the same thing again, valid negative feedback for selling a fake item has been reversed with no feedback from me.  i have over 2500 feedbacks and pridemyself on being fair and leaving prompt and positve feedback, there have been problems and when they are resolved, i always leave positive feedback, but when there is a valid reason for negative feedback and it is reversed so arbitrarily, it imakes the whold process useless.  feedback is a way to complement the vast majority of sellers and also to point out those who are not acting in an ethical manner.  the same should apply to buyers who act in an unethical manner as well.  there is no reason as far as i am concerned to leave any feedback because ebay has arbitrarily invalidated the whole process as far as i am concerned.  since i am not required to leave feedback i will no longer do so.  if it has not meaning why should i waste my time?  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

ebay reverses negative feedback left by buyers as well.  arbitrarily based on ly on the seller's word.  i have had two situations where i bought items that turned out to be fakes and when i left negative feedback, it was reversed by ebay. i appealed one time because the situation was so ridiculous.  the reversal was upheld because of a delay in shipping due to a hurricane in the south that happened two months before the item was purchased.  the negative was because the item was fake and the seller shipped from new york state.  i appealed again, this time to the president's office, pointing out the fallacies in ebay's reason for reversing the negative feedback and again it was upheld based on the original reason.  when i asked the service rep how he could support or even tell me this in good faith, he said he was not allowed to say anything, he was so embarrassed.   so i guess if all the sellers complaining about not being able to leave negative feedback which is as silly as buyers not being able to leave negative feedback, they should understand that buyers are in the same boat.  there is no reason as far as i am concerned to leave any feedback because ebay has arbitrarily invalidated it.  since i am not required to leave feedback i will no longer do so.  if it has not meaning why should i waste my time? 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Ebay's Policy: Buyer may give Seller NEGATIVE feedback & BLATANTLY & OBVIOUSLY LIE ~ Seller MAY NOT even leave Negative feedback for buyer

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gemluvr2012

gemluvr2012 wrote:

I am trying to leave eBay but eBay keeps saying I have to wait 30 days from when I've sent payment to close my account. It's bogus!

You're still on the hook for buyer complaints, etc. Sometimes it takes 180 days to close a selling account.

But why do you care? No use = no fees.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

My reason for thinking so is just this past few months I had a buyer in Brazil. Mailed the package first class at his request to save him money, and had the customs barcode number--thought it would be as good as a tracking number. Well, he complained he didn't get his package to eBay and they ruled in his favor!! So I'm out my merchandise, plus the 30 bucks for shipping!! I think the fact that it showed my merchandise arriving in Brazil customs should have been enough to show them I shipped it. No more overseas shipping for me, think I'll stick to USA from now on!!!

Please use plain text.
sineaterdoodah
Community Member

in reply to gemluvr2012

stop logging in,and forget about ebay. your account will close on its own in 30 days,if you requested that. 

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to diezelman956

I am trying to leave eBay but eBay keeps saying I have to wait 30 days from when I've sent payment to close my account. It's bogus!  I am leaving for the same reasons as you.  I've left HONEST feedback to a couple of bad sellers, and the feedback I left was all removed.  But then a bad buyer was permitted to LIE and leave ME a negative when he didn't want to pay for my item after he bid on it.  Customer Support didn't want to remove the feedback.  It's UNFAIR.  Ebay sells garbage now anyway.  There's nothing good to buy there anymore.  Just low-quality **bleep**.  So there's no reason for me to buy or sell on eBay anymore.  I want to close my account NOW.  I shouldn't have to wait 30 more days for nothing.  Everything has been paid and cleared.  I want out NOW!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to flsun99

Ebay was a great idea that went bad...kind of like trade unions. The fees go up and the constant changes in policy are always in ebay's favor. Hope they go down in flames.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I couldn't agree more. Ebay has jumped the shark. I've sold my iPad twice on here. The first sale was bogus bidders and the second sais she was sorry and didn't know she was going to win this item, didn't want it and she was sorry. The delays of going through the unpaid item case are very frustrating, inconvenient, and in the meantime the item is slowly loosing value. I wouldn't be surprised if eBay encourages this because they only make profits if someone doesn't know how to dispute unpaid item cases. I'm afraid to realist a THIRD time for fear I'll not get paid again. eBay use to work fine. I think I'm done
Please use plain text.
Community Member

It does suck!! We called eBay because buyer left negative feedback and said we never responded to there messages for there item they didn't get. We never got any complaint and we even called EBay and they said that there wasn't any messages from buyer. So they say that they can't do nothing. They are taking all the sellers money and screwing them when they need help.
Please use plain text.
4mernpsmd
Community Member

When Meg Whitman, former CEO of ebay, spent 144 million of her own money plus another 120 + million in donations, the largest amount ever spent on a single campaign, and suffered a huge lose in the California election I knew CARMA LIVES!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to spotlightmediainc

That's an interesting take, but you might be correct. Auctions are fun,buy it now is boring.

I never got screwed selling on here though, wow was I lucky. I've had so much trouble with my last 4-5 purchases though, it's mostly bad luck. It has to be, but Amazon is 100% for me so.... adios.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to morin1928

Wow, I'm so glad I stopped selling on here then. My experience is the opposite. Everything that can go wrong with my purchase will go wrong it seems. 

Where is the note that you leave for the seller when you pay for the item?? I didn't get a chance to leave a note this last time, to specify that I WANTED FEDEX, not USPS. That was VERY IMPORTANT to me, it was a deal breaker. So I just hoped the seller noticed I chose Fedex. Guess what happened. You guessed it, they didn't notice. No note, no chance to fix it, I'm stuck having to guess the day this item will be delivered. Ebay sucks, I'm done after this one.

Please use plain text.
elly-sketchit
Community Member

in reply to mrgrizzweed

So you have no sympathy for good people that are getting the shirts ripped clean off their backs because one bad person exists in the universe and had the audacity to hurt YOU?

Clever.

Please use plain text.
elly-sketchit
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Not only that, 3 of my buyers recently were idiots and now because they gave me low scores, I have to wait up to 22 DAYS before eBay lets me have the money!

One buyer complained they "didn't get the item" days before eBay told them it was even supposed to be there (and it was an Int'l sale that I used their stupid Global Shipping Center for).  Where's my protection you said I would have, eBay? You say that once it gets to the center, after that it's out of the sellers hands and not our fault if something goes wrong. A lie, obviously.

Another buyer screamed that I shipped too late. I checked the days, and everything was as it should have been. More than twice it says on the page that I have a 5 day handling time... and the item got there before eBay said it would, too. Still got bad feedback.

The negative I got? Ready for this? The buyer wouldn't even send a photo to prove it was broken! They had to be forced to pay via eBay, and then when it got there it was "magically" broken, so they wanted all their money back without shipping it back. Free item? No way! Try to cheat me, and I get faulted for it. UGH.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kforkurama

I don't have any sympathy FOR YOU because I was A FIRST TIME BUYER AND GOT RIPPED OFF BUY A EBAY SELLER

Please use plain text.