eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Can i block people with zero feedback?

in reply to redbud_farm
You can't block them but you can cancel the order if you chose. Business's have the legal right to refuse service to anyone no matter what EBay claims. I am so sick of chargebacks for unauthorized purchase that always seem to come exactly 14 days after the item was received (hmmmm, HMMMMMM, red flag much?). I will cancel any order from a brand new account or an account with zero feedback now. Make sure you select "buyer requested cancellation" as the reason. I am sure you can figure out why. And to the people that cry "how is a new buyer supposed to get feedback then???!?!?! huh? HUH????!!!), I say this: Target. Or Toys R Us. Or any of the hundreds of giant corporations selling on ebay that will leave you a feedback as soon as you pay. It's not hard.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Few 0 feedback members don't pay.
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I think that everyone who has ever sold a few items on here has had to deal with the zero feedback scammers. Sure, some no feedback accounts are probably regular honest people that just started using eBay. But for every one of those, there are hundreds if not thousands of scammers. Every time I list an item I have to go through and cancel bids from the zero accounts. But they just bid at the last second before you have time to respond. When I see that a zero feedback account has won my auction, I know that I am never in a million years getting paid for it. So I have to sit around for a few days for the unpaid item case to open, wait a few more days for that to resolve, then do it all over again. And all the while I'll be getting barely coherent messages from the buyer trying to scam me in various ways. This has happened on my last 5 auctions. The scammers on this site are out of control. I think I'll just sell my stuff on Craigslist from now on and risk getting stabbed in a parking lot, it will be less frustrating.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
The no tracking one lost their $ and the item , so don't see a scam.

The one did the charge back you only needed to provide pay pal with proof of shipping.

Not scammers.

A scammer knows how to get the item and money with little effort
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

Have had two Buy It Now items result in PayPal disputes thanks to zero feedback buyers.  Even when they do pay, there are problems!!!  

One was an ipad and the buyer claimed it arrived broken.  I offered a full refund if she returned it.  She claimed she returned it but didn't provide a tracking number on the package.  This was apparently my fault since I didn't tell her get delivery confirmation when she shipped it. Fortunately, I won the PayPal dispute, but there's now a restriction on my account about when I can withdraw funds.  

Second was an international buyer who purchased a lot of ikea bookends for over $100. We went back and forth with a best offer price a few times and he finally purchased. I shipped through Ebay's international buyer program and got delivery confirmation. 2 weeks later, he disputed the charge with his credit card company saying he didn't authorize the transaction.  Interestingly enough, someone on Facebook with the same very unique name as the buyer discussed needing to buy a bunch of bookends. 

These scammers need to be stopped! 

Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm

Respectfully disagree. Fake bidders are the bane of my existence. I don't know exactly what ebay could do to resolve the issue, but it would be nice if they did soomething. I'm personally a fan of bringing back negative or at least nuetral feddback for buyer. This would partially prevent buyers from abusing the system and possibly give you a heads up on potential trouble children. I would honestly be willing to block bidders with under 15 feedback with certain items. For example, I listed 6 laptops(had to relist 3 and it happened again on 2) the other day and 2 people with roughly 10 feedback inflated the price and bid on every listing. As soon as the bid ended I received "sorry I can't purchase for blah blah blah", which I knew would happen. Adding insult to injury, you have to wait 10 days for the pricks to accept a "cancel order". Endless cyce of madness.

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
They can't fix something unless you make them aware of it.

Give them a call.
Community Member

in reply to but2ercup

I am so fed up with fake Ebay bidders who bid for revenge or sport. I must have someone vindictive out there for some reason, and Ebay does nothing about it. I literally can't even list any auctions anymore, only BIT, because I get MULTIPLE ) 0 Feedback Sport Bidders on my listings. My last 5 auctions have ended in UNPAID ITEM CASES by fake bidders. I had to literally watch my most recent auction till the end because there were 4 separate 0 Feedback bidders on it, I had to hurry and block last minute and cancel the fake bids as it ended so a real bidder could win, it's getting very upsetting. I believe it's the same person with all of the accounts harassing me. Not only is it usually 0 Feedback but the user IDS are ridiculous and usually jumbled letters that make no sense. I am sick of having to wait for an unpaid item case to close before I can relist. Not only that, but there is one listing that I have had to list THREE times before selling to a real bidder. I think the first person I opened a real unpaid item case against got ticked off and decided to have some fun. Theory of course, it could just be some randoms awful people with no lives, but it's very upsetting. Ebay needs to figure something out to fix this.

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Lol, most new buyers pay and pay quickly.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Bidders with 0 feedback pay 0% of the time they win an auction.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
You can block anyone you want for any reason. But eBay isn't going to give you an auto block for new members.

There's no real need.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to redbud_farm

Actually I'm wondering how to block ZERO'S too.

It is something other Ebayers want.

I'm being put at a very high risk with these scammers.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to redbud_farm

Many of the "new members" are not new. They are scammers.

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Then start your own site and set your own rules.

You'll never see that block here as not something eBay wants nor most members
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I have had problems with zero fb bidders time and time again. I think we should be able to block them. Many times they are just running up a bid with no intention of buying. Out of many times that I had an auction end with a zero bidders winner, guess how many times they actually paid??(I went back and counted) ZERO. I want to be able to BLOCK them.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

The problem with 0 feedbacks is, they can be competors or costumers from your blocked list, which simply opened up a new free account in oder to harm you, eitehr simply buy and leave negative feedbacks or harm you any otherw ay they can. Noone knows who it is, open an fre ebay account everyone can, so ny new account can be anyone from your blocked list or competition or evtl a new ebay member but where is the ebay seller protection if it is not?

Community Member

in reply to shellacster

problem are revenge feedbacks or even buyers which caused you trouble and you blcoked them. What prevents them to simply open a new account buy off you and leave negative feedbacks?

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
No one wants to be told they aren't good enough to bid, or if they are new you don't trust them.

Never had a problem with 0 fb buyers , it always was with ones with 100's

And when those blocked buyers do get more feedback done expect them to come back to you . and they will tell others not to bid
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

I don't mind selling to zero feedback bidders...that is if they actually read my auction and pay.  I understand that I was a zero feedback once, but the first time I joined ebay, know what I did?  Read the whole auction.  The seller requested to be contacted prior to bidding if no feedback, so, I contacted them first and was welcome to the wonderful world of ebay.   Since then, any time I list an item, I ask the same, "bidders with zero feedback must contact prior to bidding to ensure they understand the auction requirements".  Within the past 3 days, I have cancelled 4 bids with zero feedback(and all had just started their account within the same 3 days), all because no one wants to read.  I've had enough bidders with zero feedback not pay too.

Again, I don't mind selling to them, if they would just read and show me they read it. 

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
You have never been able to block new members with 0 feedback.

Negative feedback was a badge of honor for deadbeats