eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Can i block people with zero feedback?

in reply to realcreepy
Having feedback doesn't mean they aren't a scanner.

List buy it now with immediate payment. Using the blocks eBay hives you
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Community Member

in reply to goodpeople71

Oh and another thing... those that have zero feedback and just buy stuff buy it now and actually pay for it!  theres a novel idea?  thats how I received my feedback!

Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm

I have been trying to sell my iphone 6 for over a week now... each time someone with zero feedback buys it then tries to send my fake emails for payment from paypal!  its getting old!

Community Member

in reply to yllar17

I too am feeling the pain from newbies

I sell cheap audio spare parts and ship worldwide, mostly to other guys like me who like to tinker with old mixing desks. 95% of buyers are cool and grateful to be able to track down hard-to -find parts.

However, the zero feedback crew are killing me;

They don't read the listing, pay a few bucks postage to ship their item to Russia then expect full tracking, claim non-delivery and I have to refund in full etc etc

It's making me think is it all worth the hassle of ebaying?

Will ebay listen and allow us to bar zero feedback buyers?

Stew

DJ Supplies Australia

Community Member

in reply to cwillis817

Like everything else good in this world... It only takes a few bad apples.

Blame them, not the seller.

Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm

who cares, lol

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Or better yet just pass those with the silly restriction in listing , most buyers will no matter how much fb they have.

Who. Cates, is 2 words
Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm
by the way, 'without' is one word, not two.
and "wisdom is the measure..."?? lol
Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm
(0) feedback users can always utilize 'buy it now' to climb out of the (0) hole.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Zombie post walking
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

There should be an option to block zero feedback profiles.  I feel a seller especially a non-business owner has the right to determine the specifics of who they want to sell too.  I dont feel I am the seller to be someones first transaction.   I have experienced absolutely no payment or contact from those types for a couple years now.  They always tend to pop up as high bidder on any item I sell of substantial $ amount.  I believe it scares away any real bidder when they bid against a zero feedback (which always gives the impression of a shill fake bidder) trying to get more money out of them. I know I stop bidding when I see I get outbid by a zero feedback bidder who has had a profile since 2012 and now is competing with me on an item. This has been a plague for me on Ebay and as of today I have had to cancel a zero bidder only to have another one pop right up on my item only hours later.  Its pretty sad when I know that any item I post over a certain amount is going to have to be policed by me every couple hours to keep it looking honest and to prevent me from being stuck on the end waiting several days for the timeframe to expire on waiting for a payment that will never arrive.  I do miss the days when a seller could post feedback against a profile like that stating it never paid or contacted the seller.  It made it easy when I could review the bidder and see that they dont pay, I could then quickly kill their fake bid on the spot and block them.

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Well with out the "0" bidders you'd have "0"buyers.

You should welcome new members and be thankful they trust you enough to bid
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

I've done immediate payment and still get a lot of 0 accounts with no history of buying anything. It scares away reputable bidders.

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
The video would be worthless and a waste of time
Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm

Thanks for reply. Been casual seller on ebay since 1998.  Got a bad feeling about this transaction. Ebay has just gotten worse over time, I don't know what to do here. I think I will stop selling here and just go local craigslist. A real bummer. I take pride in and really like the good feeling that comes when a satisfied customer leaves positive feedback. Only in the last year have I received bad feedback and it was from dishonest persons who were lying. Sellers have zero recourse and are at buyers mercy. At the rate I sell, one negative feedback can drop me out of 100% positive rating for many months and this hurts business for me when selling. You can go for years as seller on ebay with 100% positive feedback rating, then one dishonest buyer can trash your reputation. That's not fair.

I guess all I can do is cancel transaction and refund buyers money or create video record of item pre-package inspection, inserting in box and sealing, driving to post office and handing to postal employee over counter. Then, if this person does turn out to be a scammer and makes false claim I will have to video tape me receiving the package back, opening, confirming contents etc. I have some glasses with built in video camera I could use for this but the hassle is barely worth it since ebay and paypal fees come to $30 for a $299 sale and even if I have total video proof it will likely do no good the way ebay is nowadays.

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
You can, but it will put a defect on your account
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

I just put a GoPro HERO3+ up as Buy It Now yesterday and have a zero feedback buyer who sent a message asking if it was a Black Edition and if it was new, unopened. I clearly stated in the auction this was the case and it was obvious to anyone viewing the acution that this was the case by simply reading and looking at picture.

Before I read this email and responded the same person did Buy it Now without waiting for my response apparently. They created their ebay account on the same day and the ebay account owner is different than the PayPal account owners name.

I have received PayPal payment but am very worried to send item as it feels fishy and I am worried the buyer will simply say they never received item or item was not new, then send me back a different broken camera or a box of rocks, something buyers can easily do to sellers on ebay and get away with.

Can I do PayPal refund and not send the item?

Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm

Interesting,

All the scams that i had they come with people with feedback and some more than 500.

With feedback, they know the system.

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Ending and relistin g will only end your selling on eBay quickly
Community Member

in reply to slappy2014

Over the many years since I first started selling on eBay in 1998, sellers have wanted some way to block from certain auctions bidders with ZERO or very low  feedback. At once there is always heard the usual chorus of bleeding heart dimwits spewing out sacaren platitudes such as . . . "oh . . we were all zero feedback newbies once too" and "it would be fair to block these new people". Personally, I have had numerous "large dollar" auctions totally ruined by some last moment ZERO feedback creep.   Just recently, there was an auction well under way for a surplus to our needs used motor vehicle.  In the final hours, the bidding was up in the mid $8,000 range with three hot to purchase tentative serious buyers in contact with me to make pre-plans over the phone for picking up the car and other arrangements.  The final bid was $9,300 and it was first thought that one of the top tier bidders had snagged the vehicle.   That was wrong!  Some ZERO feedback character signed up to eBay that night popped in and won the auction.  A few cryptic messages and Emails went back and back and forth and as it turned the woman in New York could get the money or some such story.  Finally went in and cancelled the auction.  As it turns out, when one of these ZERO newbie clowns wrecks an auction the momentum is naturally gone,  This "Second Chance Offer" eBay rhethoric is total nonsense,  Experience tells that in such a situation, it is best to wait awhile (in this case a month's time) and relist the item at auction fresh and new.   Will however place aq NOTICE upon the page that anybody newly registered to eBay with feedback lower than 3 must make contact before placing a bid.  Otherwise, such bids and / or win will be cancelled with ended item immediately re-listed.    Summing it up . . . eBay will never allow a way for sellers to block ZERO or low Feedback bidders.   As with numerous other systematic problems that victimize the users . . . sellers are considred by eBay management as cash cows to be milked from every utter at every opportunity.  With regard to protection from the ZERO feedback non-buyer auction wrecker virus, eBay sellers are on their own.