eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Can i block people with zero feedback?

in reply to realcreepy
Lol, most new buyers pay and pay quickly.
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Bidders with 0 feedback pay 0% of the time they win an auction.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
You can block anyone you want for any reason. But eBay isn't going to give you an auto block for new members.

There's no real need.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to redbud_farm

Actually I'm wondering how to block ZERO'S too.

It is something other Ebayers want.

I'm being put at a very high risk with these scammers.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to redbud_farm

Many of the "new members" are not new. They are scammers.

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Then start your own site and set your own rules.

You'll never see that block here as not something eBay wants nor most members
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I have had problems with zero fb bidders time and time again. I think we should be able to block them. Many times they are just running up a bid with no intention of buying. Out of many times that I had an auction end with a zero bidders winner, guess how many times they actually paid??(I went back and counted) ZERO. I want to be able to BLOCK them.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

The problem with 0 feedbacks is, they can be competors or costumers from your blocked list, which simply opened up a new free account in oder to harm you, eitehr simply buy and leave negative feedbacks or harm you any otherw ay they can. Noone knows who it is, open an fre ebay account everyone can, so ny new account can be anyone from your blocked list or competition or evtl a new ebay member but where is the ebay seller protection if it is not?

Community Member

in reply to shellacster

problem are revenge feedbacks or even buyers which caused you trouble and you blcoked them. What prevents them to simply open a new account buy off you and leave negative feedbacks?

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
No one wants to be told they aren't good enough to bid, or if they are new you don't trust them.

Never had a problem with 0 fb buyers , it always was with ones with 100's

And when those blocked buyers do get more feedback done expect them to come back to you . and they will tell others not to bid
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

I don't mind selling to zero feedback bidders...that is if they actually read my auction and pay.  I understand that I was a zero feedback once, but the first time I joined ebay, know what I did?  Read the whole auction.  The seller requested to be contacted prior to bidding if no feedback, so, I contacted them first and was welcome to the wonderful world of ebay.   Since then, any time I list an item, I ask the same, "bidders with zero feedback must contact prior to bidding to ensure they understand the auction requirements".  Within the past 3 days, I have cancelled 4 bids with zero feedback(and all had just started their account within the same 3 days), all because no one wants to read.  I've had enough bidders with zero feedback not pay too.

Again, I don't mind selling to them, if they would just read and show me they read it. 

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
You have never been able to block new members with 0 feedback.

Negative feedback was a badge of honor for deadbeats
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

It's nearly impossible to sell electronics because of zero feedback buyers that don't pay. All in an effort to skew "sold item" search results to make their listings look better. There used to be simple, elegant solution of being able to CHOOSE whether you accepted zero feedback accounts. If you're willing to waste your time with bots and deadbeats- you should definitely have the choice. But some of us have other, better things to attend to than dealing with bogus business on this increasingly unusable selling platform. 
Also, bring back negative feedback! Down with deadbeats!

Community Member

in reply to esparadrapo3000

I am having the SAME problem!! I even added "Do not bid if you have 0 feedback" and someone STILL bid. Smiley Sad

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Who will pay the costs to "chase down" them, the sellers.

You file the nonpaying bidder and give strikes. Then blockbthose with 2 strikes
Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm

But ebay does nothing. I see zero feedback users who have not paid (by the way to burst auctions, obviously) and there still actives, BRAVO!

A NEW user who doesn't pay on their first purchase is a RISK to sellers and possibly a fake account. Ebay should chase them or change the policy for new users, stricter, for obvious reasons, at least. Meanwhile I have to fight in some of my auctions for cutting heads (zero feedbacks users but very unreliables and I know for my OWN experience, unfortunately, and LOST money).

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
You need to use the blocks offered.

Who would use eBay if they knew they could be blocked by just not having feedback, very few.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy

Lately I have had several troubles with zero feedback and I lost sales and money on my auctions but I can't do anything because ebay does nothing when ebay could do something (eg BLOCK the first non payment of an user with zero feedback!!), it's that simple and OBVIOUS. I have the filter for buyers but I can't prevent the zero feedback so I'm vulnerable all the time with this kind of users (principally from CHINA) if they bid on last moment. It's incredible that nothing is done about it.

Right now I've lost a sale of $300 and the last month the same thing. Fantastic!!

Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
You can cancel any bid for any reason, no need to "vett"
Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm

How about the ability to halt the zero bidder until they can be vetted.  There are sellers out there, with fake accounts , the deliberately drive up the price of an item.  Then theirs looks more attractive at the lower price.