eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Can i block people with zero feedback?

There was a scammer last week that went around and click every buy it now item he was interested in racking up thousands and then sent out fake paypal e-mails stating the money was on hold till a confermation number was sent for the item to be sent.

I dont want that to happen again so i want all zero feedback users blocked from bidding on my auctions.

I know e-bay dont care because ill have to pay the fees not the crook and as long as they get their money who cares about us right?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I would think that you would loose a lot of potential customers by doing that- IMHO. That being said, I don't see any way on ebays seller options to block zero feedback, just the ones in negative.

Ebay does refund their FV fees for NPB's but you are right, you still get stuck with posting fee's. If you relist the item for a few cents less sometimes you can get away with not paying posting fees for the relisted auction.
Mark
lilwoodhorse.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Just do Immediate Payment Required on all BINs. That way your auction won't end unless it is paid for. Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
There are to many scammers using e-bay now so why risk it? if i can just block the 0 feedbackers i wont have to worry. I put in the auction no zero feeback users and they still bid so its obvious they dont even bother to read. Some i think just bid the minimum to drop the BIN price. IMO thats BS too.

They are abusing the system so if there is anyway for use to set it up to block the abuse why not.

Ide rather deal with trusted users that should be my choice.
Please use plain text.
gee56usa
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
There isn't a setting for blocking 0 bidders, the others told you what to do to prevent someone messing up sale without paying.

Do immediate payment.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

There is no such word as bidded.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Experience, and ebay have both shown, that 0 feedback users, are usually nothing but trouble.

New users, think that they can (cancel my order), at their whim, and they dont have to pay.

I wish there was a way to block them also.

same with those who have unpaid item strikes..

wish you could simply block a person, if they ever have had a unpaid item strike.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
if you require immediate payment then buyers can not buy multiple items from your store without paying for each one individually. so if you offer shipping discounts this is a problem. We block bidders that have had 2 non paying bids within the 30 days. Or you could put a message that states that people with 0 feedback must email you before bidding, so if they don't talk to you first you can cancel their bid. Just remember you too once had 0 feedbackB-)
Image hosting by Photobucket

World Cup 2006 Supporter
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I never block anyone,why would you? Were you not new one time?
Please use plain text.
ffutsndoow
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Many of my best buyers had 0 feedback. Only thing I do is to ask Ebay for contact info as soon as they bid.

"Or you could put a message that states that people with 0 feedback must email you before bidding, so if they don't talk to you first you can cancel their bid. Just remember you too once had 0 feedback B-)"

I agree even though I don't have that in my descriptions.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I think it depends on what your selling, i.e. how much is at risk. I have no problem selling a $10 item to a 0 feedback buyer. But I'd be really worried sending a $2000 item to the same person. It would be cool if you could block 0 feedback users if item is over a certain dollar value. Maybe another product for eBay to sell... Zero Feedback Buyer Insurance - for a fee of 1% of final value eBay will guarantee you will be paid and cover a chargeback if it occurs. If eBay feels 0 feedback buyers aren't a big problem then doing this is just another source of revenue. And sellers would have the choice to purchase the insurance or not. Thoughts?
Please use plain text.
ffutsndoow
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
If I have cash in hand,(large or small amount),,I don't care how many feedback they have. I don't sell anything on credit and I don't ship a thing until money is in my hot little hands. (I don't use paypal)

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Experience, and ebay have both shown, that 0 feedback users, are usually nothing but trouble.

Just out of curiosity, what feedback level did you start at?
--Everything below this line is a sig--

I've been on the Internet longer than you.

Today's fortune: You will take a journey of a great distance off a short pier this week.

Green/Red

--Everything below this line is a sig--

I've been on the Internet longer than you.

Now on Twitter! http://twitter.com/mr_phil

This post created with 100% recycled electrons.

Please use plain text.
ffutsndoow
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I will be happy to sell to all the 0 feedback folks out there, just send me cash, MO, checks,............:-)

Yea,,,I don't have anything for $2000.00 right now,,,but have had items for those amounts...FYI :^O

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
yes, you are correct, but lately, new users with 0 feedback, I have found, 90% of the time, do not pay, a usual comment, is "cancel my order", "I bid by mistake", or you simply do not hear from them again.

ever since ebay has started their add campaign, things have got a LOT worse.

just received a call today, were getting stiffed for $399.99, because the buyer does not want to drive the distance to pick it up.

non paying bidders (0 feedback ones, and established ones), have become a REAL problem with ebay. and ebay refuses to take action, to help stop this growing problem.

ebay even states somwehere that users with 0 feedback account for something like 80% of non paying bidders (I dont remember the exact number, but its close to that). so even though ebay realizes there is a problem, they will not take action, because they would hurt their bottom dollar (or so they think).
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
btw: I will be filing unpaid item disputes against 4 people today..ALL with 0 feedback.

Point made!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
yllar17,

(I think I might be one of your next CD purchasers, I like all those plans! )

It's a big problem with people buying low ticket items like I sell also. Alot of problems I have is people not reading the description of what they are purchasing until after the fact. Then when they win they cannot figure out why in yllar17's case, "we are not getting a 200 amp ac/dc welder for $4.99 with free shipping? Well that's not what I wanted!!"
Give me a break, read the bleepin' auctions and realize what you are bidding on, BEFORE YOU BID!! It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out!!
I can't count how many of these bidders I get, not just zero feedback bidders either, all shapes, sizes, and feedback amounts. I have alot of zero feedback auction winners, most of them are great, most of them are responsible, and most of them are willing to work with you if they make a mistake. Especially if you try to hold their hand a little bit to help them through it.

Heck I even used babelfish to talk a lady in Italian on how to use Paypal. I thought it was cool.

Bottom line, don't want unpaid items, use BIN, immediate payment required. Otherwise, you have to take the good with the bad.
Mark
lilwoodhorse.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I used to use the bin only, but many many people were mad at that, it also cut out the possibility of money orders, which has greatly increased sales. So it's a trade off, yes, believe it or not, I do have a LOT of people who think they are getting a real item, the john boat, and the stun gun are prime examples..humm..im sending a john boat, for $4.99, with no shipping..their response..well, I thought I was getting a good deal..please..I even for a while, put in the auctions (THIS AUCTION IS FOR INFORMATION, NOT THE ACTUAL ITEM, YOU WILL BE EMAILED THE INFORMATION). Did absolutely NO good. Last night, someone emailed asking how much was shipping to spain, and how much it would be for 2 stun guns shipped to spain...arg...

I just block them, they are not worth the hassle.

People just dont read, they bid, and have no comprehension on what they bid on. A lot time ago, I sold a bunch of furniture, due to the nature of it, it absolutely had to be picked up on a certain day, at a certain time, both conditions listed, saying that if you cant pick it up on that day and time, not to bid. Think that was my first negative, for being unrealistic requiring a specific day and time. Humm..pretty clearly stated in the auction..

Sellers get screwed because of this, if the buyer refuses payment, or doest follow conditions, then there is absolutely no way that the seller should get a negative.

Another favorite..underage girl (she admitted this in email), purchased the stun gun plans, and then refused to pay, stating that sending the stun gun to her would be against the law in europe..humm..point #1, its plans, #2, if its against the law, then why did you purchase them. She then proceeded to say she was a christian, and would make payment since that was the right thing to do...she proceeded to leave me nasty negative, and never paid. I contacted ebay about her being underage, and copied them the email from her, stating she was underage, they did nothing. So I get stuck with negative, and no payment.

Ebay had proof, of her underage (as well as others), and does nothing about it..im sorry, but if a user says they are 14 in a email sent through ebays contact form, then ebay should kick them..end of subject, since they admitted they are in violation of the terms of service..

but they wont..
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I have zero Feedback.

Bid on a car the other day. Emailed the seller and told him that, I know that I'm a new user and I am sending you this to inform you that should I win I have every intention of paying. He replied with a simple "ok"

Yesterday, he cancelled the auction, no explanation, no email to me...and you're complaining about the zero feedback??

I'm sorry, but not ALL of us are scammers some of us are just new....and this guy has nearly jaded me on the whole ebay experience.

Good thing I found the message boards and realize there there are a few good ebayers out there to keep me interested...:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
Im sorry, but I am now one of the people who ONLY leave positive feedback for positive received. Considering I allow 10 days to examine the plans (14 for the cd), the buyer can examine them, if not happy, get all of their money back, so they are out nothing whatsoever.

I used to just leave positive immediately after the purchase, but stopped, due to getting negatives, when the matter could easily be resolved by getting a refund.

I have become so sick of undeserved negatives...

bigiron5 - non paying bidder, no payment = negative.

maryjow1029 - a favorite..I harrass her to by..humm..she would not have negative, if she paid..

richilene- paid using a echeck..told them like 5 times, when payment clears, I will send..even sent a copy of the paypal email..they get mad, because they didnt get the plans, before payment cleared..

curlycue8 - another non payer..
guystuff0 - another winner..upset, because the infor was sent by email..humm...what does the auction say delivery is by?

so what is one to do...someone makes a purchase..decides not to pay, leaves the seller negative, seller files a upi and leaves negative..buyer responds to upi, so the buyer gets a neg and upi, the seller gets a neg and no payment..

seller is in the right..they made a legal and biding sale, and receive negative, and no payment..

something is wrong with this picture...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to realcreepy
I have had some very good experiences with 0 feedback users, unfortunately, the ones that dont pay, far far outnumber the good ones. It is a shame, that those who are new, get penilized for others who just want to scam and screw around.

Im sorry, but im in it for the money, and non paying bidders, cost me money up front.

They also give other new ones a very bad reputation.

Its a no win situation...

I still think, that if the seller files a unpaid item, and the buyer, can not furnish proof that payment was made, then ebay shoudl kick the user off ebay until the item is paid for. Simple solution. You bid, you pay, if you dont, then your not bidding again.

Ebay will even remove a unpaid item strike against a new user, if they ask..im sorry, but if they screw one seller over, they will no doubt do it again, and again, removing the strike, just gives them more chance to do it, and ebay more fees to collect from the seller.

BTW: stating that 0 feedback users, are not allowed to bid, is pointless, as with other restrictions listed in the auction, they will bid anyways, and when you inform ebay of the improper bid (ie..stated no 0 feedback users), they will do NOTHING to the person. And then when the seller refuses to sell the item to them (because they were not allowed to bid in the first place), the seller gets a negative.

Had a UK bidder the other day, emailed me to ask why I didnt like UK bidders..pretty simple..a look at their profile, revealed they had a habbit of bidding on US only auctions, and then leaving the seller negative for not sending it to them..humm..I wonder why..when the seller says, US ONLY, they should NOT be under any obligation whatsoever to send it, nor shoudl they receive a negative for it.
Please use plain text.