cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

This is not a figure that ebay would release publicly, of course, but one has to wonder what percentage of dissatisfied sellers are leaving ebay and placing their items on other sites and how quickly this is occuring? Has the MASS EXODUS begun yet or is it still just a small trickle? Anyone here in the know with reasonable estimates, please weigh in...

Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

Bye
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 106 of 195
latest reply

Probably looking for his 72 virgins!

Message 107 of 195
latest reply

They are in control of my e-mail account. They have deleted mail from Griff and buyers when we were trying to work things out. Not sure you can leave, change all your personal info and change computer, maybe.

Message 108 of 195
latest reply

I am another seller and buyer looking elsewhere from Ebay. I have just been scammed by a buyer for pc game she says does not work. I offered her ways of checking to see if disc was faulty etc but she was not interested. Now she has the games installed on her computer and is sending the game back. I will refund only after receiving back item as no way will I allow a buyer to keep the item if refunding. Have taken down all my listings and am trying another site. I am done with ebay. 

I work for Australia post in Australia and can tell you that Amazon is miles ahead of ebay with all the parcels coming through this Christmas.

Message 109 of 195
latest reply

I to sell on eBay and lately its one thing or another.they always try to say I didn't pay fees and no matter what ido they charge more money. Played them over 60 dollars for selling 125 dollars.than PayPal takes there cut. No longer worth doing.
Message 110 of 195
latest reply

etsy.

Message 111 of 195
latest reply

Hello. I just came across your post. I can certainly relate. I've been selling for 14yrs. I would normally have 300 listings in my store. I'm now only allowed 60 listings per month due to, eBays defect policy. I had two returns in the last month. One return was due to the manufacturer mis-sizing a shoe and the other item simply didn't fit the buyer. I had no problem refunding them but, I feel eBay is punishing me for something that, I have no control over. Buyers return items for many different reasons. I went from a power seller to below standard because of this. I am now in the process of closing my store. I would rather keep my items than deal with eBay. I googled the top 10 auction sites and many are gaining ground on eBay. I'm happy to say that, I am having success with these other venues. It's sad but, eBay seems to have forgotten the little guy who, got them started. It all comes down to greed and money. 

Message 112 of 195
latest reply

You have control over how you cancel and refund on returns, read up on how not to get the defect.
Message 113 of 195
latest reply

Whomever is control of ebay business decisions at the moment need to really evaluate what they are doing.

Have been buying and selling on ebay for years.  Appears they are working to get rid of smaller sellers and

reduce their footprints on their website. 

What they are missing are the unique items that the small seller brings to the table.  The business decissions

are becoming myopic.  I am moving the majority of my items and especially my unique items to Amazon next

month.  No insertion fees - only pay when the item sells.  Especially good rates for selling electronics on Amazon. 

Also, you create a new listing for an item if it does not happen to exist once and that is it and do not have to worry

about re-listing it or listing fees.

Going forward I will use my 50 listings and will not invest any more time recreating new listings regardless if

they decide to offer 500, 1000, 10000 free listings - does not matter.  I really believe the current management

at ebay does not understand how much time and what it take to create listings.  I will also reduce my purchasing

on ebay as a result of this and shop elsewhere whenever possible.

If I have 500 items it does not make business sense for a smaller casual seller to pay 150.00 in insertion fees

if they are only going to make 150-300 per month and end up paying ebay and paypal fees in addition to the insertion

fees.  Not all 500 items sell obviously and are slow selling unique items, it takes time.  A subscription for a small

casual seller does not make business sense either.  When asked for them to show me that a subscription would have

helped me I never get any response back from their sales reps.

Current ebay business decisions have made me re-evaluate the amount of buying and selling I will do on ebay.

I suspect it does not matter to them - I am only one buyer/seller.  This is my direction at the moment based 

on their managements' business decsisions - thanks!

Message 114 of 195
latest reply

EBay has been thing the herd for a few years. As the market changes we'll see if it was right or wrong. Bit best to deversify as a seller.
Message 115 of 195
latest reply

You must work for ebay.Ebay is a joke on sellers period.
Message 116 of 195
latest reply

Ebay is great for buyers that are unethical and deceitful.Now a haven for asian fraud artists.They target gold,silver,jewery and antique fountain pens.Make a ridiculous claims and get their money back.I am leaving ebay after many years of having awesome sales.This site is geared for buyers.Ebay has lost touch with reality as its executives and ceos geting millions in bonuses don't have to shop on here or sell on here.All for fraud buyers and you have these idiots posting bs on you tube showing they did get what they paid for.Well well all know that is bull s55t why would a seller want to pay shipping twice "BECAUSE EBAY FORCES YOU TO PAY RETURN SHIPPING" TO SELL A ITEM THAT WASN'T REAL.I HOPE YOUR STOCK CRASHES.
Message 117 of 195
latest reply

And? Seller should pay return shipping if " item isn't real....".

As to overseas buyers , you block countries you don't want to ship to and buyers with out a USA pay pal account.
Message 118 of 195
latest reply

There is more to red bud farm than meets the eye. They are stock holders.
Message 119 of 195
latest reply

Hi,

I just came across your post & identify with it completely. I too sold on Ebay for over 14 years & have had wonderful customers over the years. I too am closing my Ebay store where I used to have over 1600 items. I had 11 defects last year out of 525 transactions for the year. 10 of these were because I cancelled the transactions because I ran out of stock. One was because I disagreed with a buyer who was using Item not as described to get free shipping back & forth on a $36 item.

I sell fabric by the yard & sometimes a bolt of fabric may be several inches short. I immediately inform our buyer & refund them as 3 yards & 32" is not 4 yards.

I relist it & they are welcome to buy it if they can use it. It's just the nature of the business.We never cheated anyone or tried to sell them the short yardage.

So they marked  my selling account as Below Standard too & limited the number of listings I can have in quantity &  $ amount ! In addition I don't get sale funds till 21 days. It's like I had been cheating our buyers &  couldn't be trusted. My sales went from 3-4 thousand a month to 600-700.  

Odd thing is that they don't see that by limiting listing amounts they think they are punishing us, not realizing that they too lose income from the final value fees & listing fees. So we both lose because I shouln't have cancelled a transaction.

When I called to protest this the young lady was sympathetic but said there is nothing they can do as that is the new system. I should wait till June when some of of the defects will fall off & then I can list again ! She advised me to never cancel a transaction but beg the buyer to cancel it like they had changed their mind ! Can you believe such nonsense ? If I cancel it for an honest reason, that is held against me & to punish me they won't let me list on Ebay !!!!  

Who comes up with these nonsensical systems !

I guess they don't see us as consumers using their services but as employees that they can do with as they please !

I'm too am shutting down my Ebay store. No reason to pay them $50 a month to list 107 listings.

Sad to see what Clever, bureucratic, non business minded people or IT people can do to a once thriving business with ridiculous limiting ideas. 

My sincere symphaties. From your feedback score it is obvious you know your business. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Message 120 of 195
latest reply