cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

This is not a figure that ebay would release publicly, of course, but one has to wonder what percentage of dissatisfied sellers are leaving ebay and placing their items on other sites and how quickly this is occuring? Has the MASS EXODUS begun yet or is it still just a small trickle? Anyone here in the know with reasonable estimates, please weigh in...

Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL I GUESS.

Message 91 of 195
latest reply

I have sold over 3 times what is listed as my post reflects. Not everyone leves feedback and that is why. Dumb up. Try to navagate the new changes in listing fees. Go to e bid at $50 a year and 3%. Ya they only have 20 mil customers NOW compared to 300 mil e-bay has but in 12 months watch them grow to 200 mil. Yes I and others are going for a less greedy auction site. I have been listing for 15 years and some items selling for over $2,000. IF they were smart they would offer nothing but free listings for auctions. They are going to not get my fees. Talking abouting shooting yourself in the foot e-bay has really done that. 

Message 92 of 195
latest reply

Bye

Free us never always a good bargain
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 93 of 195
latest reply

I left ebay and only have a couple things on there now. I had over 8,000 items. But because of defects because of buyers who buy something then want it at a reduced fee or free take out a claim and my seller store was affected. I even called cusotmer service and was told I should have won my case. Was transfered to the appeals section and they ruled against me - and the best part - they couldnt give me a reason why. Everything I listed and said on the listing was accurate - but they sided with a buyer who had signed up for ebay the day they purchased my item. Ebay does not care about sellers. They told me to just sell 90 items in 90 days to get my defect rating down. Then because I had a defect rating they started to delete my listings. So how can one sell 90 items in 90 days when they take listings. I moved some of my listings to Amazon, where I at least have 2 customer service reps to speak to - not like ebay where its so inconsistent, and not friendly. I used to pay over $1,000 a month in ebay fees. Now I pay about $50 a month and closed the subscription to my store. But ebay doesnt care, and it shows in their customer service and indifference to sellers, so neither do I. There are other avenues and I am selling items there. Ebay will be for the listings I can get for free and thats it. They are self imploding.

Message 94 of 195
latest reply

My seller dashboard was affected by unscrupulous buyers. I called customer service to appeal a decision I received in a message on an item that was described properly and the return policy listed. Customer service rep says to me I should win the appeal as I am 100% correct. They transfer me over to the appeals section. Appeals section rules against me and couldnt even give me a reason. They sided with a buyer who purchased my item on the same day they signed up for ebay - no history at all compared to the 2500 stars I have. I had the rep even read my listing out loud and asked her where she could possibly side with buyer. No response. So then I get a defect rating and guess what - they start to not renew listings on over 8,000 items I have. They tell me to just sell 90 items in 90 days to bring my listing back up. Now how can I do that when they are taking listings from me and wont allow them to be renewed and wont allow new listings. So guess what. They took everything and the rest I ended. Now I only have a couple items up there. I closed my store subscription. I had been paying over $1,000 a month in ebay fees because of sales and store subscription. Now I pay less than $50. So ebay screwed the pooch. I listed items on Amazon and guess what. I have TWO customer service reps assigned to me for any troubles I have. Imagine that. Guess what - they are polite and want my business - not like ebay who apparently could care less. So now - Its Amazon. I told the customer service rep at ebay that I will NEVER list my 8,000plus items on ebay again - as it is labor intensive and would be too costly - even if my seller rating went below this arbitrary defect number. Never again.

Message 95 of 195
latest reply

Zombie thread walking
Message 96 of 195
latest reply

Are all these ebay trolls that just popped up or speakers for all the Chinese sellers that hold hundreds of logins? Must be nice to be able to just jump to new ID when the one they are using gets trashed. I don't even believe they worry about it anymore with the hundreds of negatives. I just have one defect and that will probably do me in! Also- if all those saying they are doing great why, are they back here in the misery with us and sales that have gone down the whirlpool. No way to compete with all the high fee's that just recently happened. Wish the gov't would give us free shipping like they did our competition. Now our great congress people are again talking about taxing all the small sellers! Is this the heritage left to our young! Come on Trump turn over a new leaf and actually do the things you say. You can't take all that money with you or have you figured out something we don't know?

Message 97 of 195
latest reply

Taxes are a part of business

This thread is old
Message 98 of 195
latest reply

If you happen to use Pay Pal on different selling site do they still hold your funds for the 20 day period so it's easier for the scammers to steal your items?

Message 99 of 195
latest reply

Read the pay pal policies
Message 100 of 195
latest reply

wisdom is smartly using past experiences.. age is a number. . time is an elapsed measure of experiences... use is utiltiy
Message 101 of 195
latest reply

And leaving a venue is easy, just don't use it
Message 102 of 195
latest reply

I don't know about everyone else,but I plan on leaving,and already started delisting

Had a buyer that claimed he didn't get his purchase,yet the tracking information

shows as delivered to his house.I had to refund the buyer to include shipping charges.

Buyers have all the leverage over sellers,the protection policy???????????????

Message 103 of 195
latest reply

If tracking shows delivered then you'd win a dispute if handled properly
Message 104 of 195
latest reply

Sure am tired of hearing this twaddle. If you want to stay on the phone for hours standing up for your rights, (fine). I personally don't have the time or blood pressure for it! Not worth the aggravation especially since you can't even leave appropriate feedback. Does not help the other sellers either that want to avoid this type of buyer. I hardly list anymore and since not making much don't buy much. Just list once in awhile in hopes ebay will return to their original format that built this site. They might want to split up between new and used. Gotten very tired of looking through all the duplicate junk and fakes that you can go right down the street and get at Walmart. Probably never be able to recover the site though since the horse escaped the barn.
Message 105 of 195
latest reply