cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

This is not a figure that ebay would release publicly, of course, but one has to wonder what percentage of dissatisfied sellers are leaving ebay and placing their items on other sites and how quickly this is occuring? Has the MASS EXODUS begun yet or is it still just a small trickle? Anyone here in the know with reasonable estimates, please weigh in...

Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

You are believing ebay's baloney too much. Ebay fell to third this past Christmas behind Amazon and Flipkart of India in sales for the busiest season of the year.  And even if there is not one site as large as you say as ebay, all the others combines are beginning to clean ebay's clock and I couldn't be happier about it.

Message 76 of 195
latest reply

yes, amazon, flipkart of India, etsy, ecrater, ioffer and 11main a spin off of Alibaba. It is why it is best to sell on other collectible sites. Ebay has created a culture of cheap buyers and I sell vintage almost one of a kind items, and that does not help my bottom line. Move on to other sites.  They even deposit the money to your bank account and you don't have to paypal a drop of your money. It's the best move I ever made in my life.

Message 77 of 195
latest reply

Good for you! And, I hope many more do the same.

Message 78 of 195
latest reply

Your a whiner.

Message 79 of 195
latest reply

Good for you! I agree. People have the right to say what they feel.

Message 80 of 195
latest reply

Yes, check the stats on line. Ebay's traffic is down to their site and so are their sales.

Message 81 of 195
latest reply

Start listing your items on other sites. They charge less, deposit the money to your bank account so you don't have to pay paypal, and they don't hassle you a fraction of what ebay hassles you.

Message 82 of 195
latest reply

greatgiftsandprices wrote: Your a whiner.

You mean "you're" a whiner.

whiner.gif

"When you have the choice to be right or be kind, always choose being kind."---Wayne Dyer
Message 83 of 195
latest reply

Doesn't matter what you say about eBay, they will be here for many more years.

The reason sales on collectibles are down is people no longer value them as they did.

Yes diversify your selling, never depend on just 1 venue
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 84 of 195
latest reply

Looking for a good alternative for vintage and handmade items..where are you mainly selling now?

Message 85 of 195
latest reply

Just curious why you have less than 500 transactions yet over 7,000 posts on the community boards? Seems like you wouldnt know enough about how this has all happened over the past 15 years on ebay to comment so much.

Message 86 of 195
latest reply

I can see a loss in Ebays customer relations

I had called recently to complain about my seller payments being held for 21 days before releasing the funds now I am a 3 year EBAYER with a 153k in total sales and I did 73,000 in the last 12 months and I have perfect feedback.

As I explained myself to ebays customer support on how rediculous this is the lady tells me I need to work on my seller performance I asked her for her name and the LADY says Johnny , I say Johnny REALLY !! So whats your last name I ask she says i wont give you then I ask for her agent ID she said she doesnt have one then I ask for a manager and she says there isnt one.

I told her this phone call never even existed did it  Total BS to be treated like this after all i spend with these guys on fees.

Message 87 of 195
latest reply

Just dropped from top rated seller to above standard because of poor sales. Quit listing my more valuable items because of buyer scams and high fees. Put them elsewhere. I have one defect so guess I will be booted out once that percentage increases to the point of majority against sales volumn. Takes a whole year to get rid of a defect but only a few seconds of buyer error time. Thankfully I didn't do any selling in my buying account. Will keep it and see if the light at the end of the tunnel is the sun or a train. Not about to pay more listing fees for items that take time to sell. Once upon a time I would get a few free buy it now listings. Guess the powers that be decided they could make more not giving those out. Just look at all the server space they can save when the sellers quit listing! Buyers don't want to wait for end of bidding anymore just to have the item they wanted snipped, I know I don't. Used to enjoy hunting for that odd buy it now item instead of driving all over town looking. 

Message 88 of 195
latest reply

Lol, posting ids are rarely selling ids
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 89 of 195
latest reply

I would have already left but they wont let me!!!

Haven't used in months, no outstanding transactions.  I disagree with the new policy and they won't let me cancel.

FTC.GOV

Time for this crooked company to be called to task.

Message 90 of 195
latest reply