cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

This is not a figure that ebay would release publicly, of course, but one has to wonder what percentage of dissatisfied sellers are leaving ebay and placing their items on other sites and how quickly this is occuring? Has the MASS EXODUS begun yet or is it still just a small trickle? Anyone here in the know with reasonable estimates, please weigh in...

Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

Amazon cleaned their clock this past Christmas and I got my Christmas present early because Flipkart came in ahead of them in sales too this past Christmas! Woohoo!!! I hope they are fifth this next holiday season!

Message 61 of 195
latest reply

You can sell items that are over 25 years old on etsy.

How about ecrater and how about 11main, alibaba's new site.  I sold half of what I sold on eba this past holiday season and I was only 11main month so don't misrepresent things to others and say that the great ebay has no competition. They have plenty of competition and they know it and the way they choose to deal with it is by crucifying good sellers instead of looking inwardly at their useless policies. 

Message 62 of 195
latest reply

Etsy, ecrater, 11main, alibaba, ioffer and get your own site. We are doing just that for ourselves.

Message 63 of 195
latest reply

It is time to move in a different direction as I did and will continue to do with ebay. They're toast.

Message 64 of 195
latest reply

Many other sites just send the money to your bank account so there is no paypal taking their cut from the money and they charge less for the listing fees and their final fees on sales.

Message 65 of 195
latest reply

No, not the biggest anymore. Amazon is pulverizing them and now flipkart is too.

Message 66 of 195
latest reply

No other site comes close to eBay when it comes to collectibles.

Nor do anyone of those mentioned have the buyers
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 67 of 195
latest reply

Totally untrue! Many sites by themselves and/or cumulatively equal or bypass ebay in today's e-commerce market.  Etsy, 11main, amazon, ecrater, ioffer just to name a few. Amazon and Flipkart cleaned ebay's clock this past Christmas and I hope they continue getting what for because of the way they have treated great sellers like myself. The only the understand is losing $$$$$. And don't tell me that they only care about the huge companies giving them big $$$$. Our government doesn't just worry about the wealthiest, the 1%, because they are wise enough to know that they need the monies from the masses of people living in the country to fund it and keep it running.  You need to take a basic economics course for yourselrf and educate yourself about these matters. Sellers are leaving ebay in droves or the very least, they are also running their items on multiple other sites taking away $$$$ from ebay.  I encourage all sellers to do this so that ebay cannot feel they have a monopoly and can disregard the rights of good sellers.

Message 68 of 195
latest reply

Begin looking for alternatives to ebay. I began doing just that last april because I couldn't take anymore of ebay's harassing tactics towards good sellers like myself.  I tried a few places on a fluke not knowing how it would play out for me. Guess what? This past Christmas I outsold myself on ebay on the other sites by about 700.00! I had only been on those other sites from April of 2014 and that is how well I did on those sites.  Ebay is in big trouble. If I found many other lucrative outlets than others will do the same thing too.  One snippy person on ebay's customer support line actually said to me, "Well I think you should sell your items on other sites because it is what I would do if I was a seller." Well, that was the only good advice that ever came out of ebay to me and it was the best advice I ever received. It changed my life.   The last two years I used to be so nervous and anxious because I knew people would act up and ebay would take their word for everything and cause me financial problems.  it was so nice to remove so thousands from ebay's hands knowing they could not ruin me financially. it was the first peaceful selling Christmas in years! And, I like selling in that type of peaceful atmosphere. It was lovely!    

Message 69 of 195
latest reply

You are totally right! You should do your shipping labels on the usps.com site and than just post the tracking number on ebay.

Message 70 of 195
latest reply

I hold an economics and government degree from the 80s and also a graduate degree.  Ebay it allowing greenhorns dictate their policies and it will be the demise of ebay as we now know it.  Look into other sites online to sell your items. There is no grief like there is on ebay.  It is a real pleasure selling on the other sites instead of selling on ebay. I can't wait until I am totally ebay free which shouldn't be that long.

Message 71 of 195
latest reply

Nope, not the largest or the best anymore.  They are slipping down, down, down....

Message 72 of 195
latest reply

Yes, exactly. And, they just use the defect rating to get rid of the extra 20% off they were giving the top rated sellers. Ebay's bean counters saw it was a cash cow so they dreamt a way of keeping it away from as many people as possible. They are pathetic.

Message 73 of 195
latest reply

Nope, not really.  Ebay was second to amazon in sales two years in a row. This past Christmas ebay fell to third behind a company from India called Flipkart. Check the internet e-commerce news and stats.  Personally, this past April, for the heck of it after having been abused by ebay for far too long, I took a shot and put my inventory on three other sites.  I outsold what I sold on ebay this past Christmas by 700.  I had only been on those other sites for about a half a year so I know I will have steady growth. Ebay is losing its footing and I hope it continues to do so.

Message 74 of 195
latest reply

Negativity won't take down ebay. This is true. But the facts will and the lose of $$$$ for ebay will affect them. No doubt. If they lost close to 4,000 on me this past holiday and you multiply this by others who felt the same way it hurt ebay financially. Don't tell me it did not effect them. 

Message 75 of 195
latest reply