cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

This is not a figure that ebay would release publicly, of course, but one has to wonder what percentage of dissatisfied sellers are leaving ebay and placing their items on other sites and how quickly this is occuring? Has the MASS EXODUS begun yet or is it still just a small trickle? Anyone here in the know with reasonable estimates, please weigh in...

Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: At What Rate Are Dissatisfied Sellers Leaving Ebay for other Sites?

Well, I agree with Gid!

Message 31 of 195
latest reply

We are not staying.  I have had thousands of dollars of sales on other sites in the past two months.  Money ebay lost and their sister company paypal lost. But, by all means, if ebay thinks it is helping them, than they can keep up the good work!

Message 32 of 195
latest reply

But new sellers don't have the experience that someone who has been with ebay since it's inception has in experience.  And, I've had enought and I am working on getting off the ebay site. They are allowing people to become more and cheap and wanting more and more for nothing.  It's like a bargain basement on ebay's site now. It's ridiculous.

Message 33 of 195
latest reply

Yes, I agree with you.  Did you notice in the new user agreement that ebay states that you have to agree not to file a class action suit against them? I cannot believe that people accept having their rights usurped! Unreal!

Message 34 of 195
latest reply

No, not just unhappy. Trying to prevent ebay from destroying its own site by ridiculous policies.

Message 35 of 195
latest reply

I can only speak for myself but I have sold a few thousand on one other site and over 1000 on another site this past month.  I am also working on my own web site.  If I am doing it, I'm sure others are doing it too. I know several people who directed me to the other sites who were exclusive to ebay's site. So, people have had enough. Ebay has gone too far this time.

Message 36 of 195
latest reply

Yes, yes and yes! Gone are the days anyone can be exclusive to ebay's site.  They have ruined it permanently now. Perhaps when they lose enough money they'll realize they were erroneous!

Message 37 of 195
latest reply

Totally disagree!

Message 38 of 195
latest reply

Yes, and they are probably all cheapos looking for something for nothing.

Message 39 of 195
latest reply

I'd like to see your statistics in black and white please because I don't believe it!

Message 40 of 195
latest reply

Maybe the largest, but not the best...

Message 41 of 195
latest reply

These are sellers, dunno. I had 2500 feedback and received negative from a guy with 3 feedback that didn't contact me..and couldn't read or write in English...
Message 42 of 195
latest reply

Would have to disagree. WHen you take seasoned sellers like myself who have been selling since 1996 on ebay and you continue to put up policy after policy. There comes a point of no return.  Ive been off ebay for 3 weeks now. Use to list 2000 items consistantly with perfect feedback.  Now, over the past month I have received many negatives from kids under 18 bidding on parents accounts and defects (36 of them) caused by nothing more than buyers asking questions.  When asked they wished to open a case , none of them wanted to open a case.  My top seller status took a dive as a result and I ended up in below standard.  Thats the whole Idea. To get you off the site.   Not to bright are they.   From me, they lost 12 grand a year in ebay fees and another 12 grand a year in me buying inventory on ebay.   Thats now 24 grand that the site will not see from me alone.  Multiply that by millions and think of what is lost.  Just like Napoleons finest troops or guard, when you loose us that go all the way back to when ebay started, you lose your core.  Thats now 12 grand that other ebay sellers will not see me purchase.  But now, other sites will get my 12 grand in fees and my 12 grand in inventory purchases not to mention what I would by for fun.  Ebay gets none of it now. AT ALL.   Done.  Ive closed all my listing and what was 2000 listings is now a big fat Zero!    Im nothing compared to others who sell 100s of thousands of dollars who are leaving.  Im a doctor and entrepreneur and would have to say that they are the worst run company I have ever seen in the history of my multiple businesses and 57 years on this earth .   No brains at all.  Those running it, not a clue. 

Just think of the word "Defect". Would you as an entrepreneur or professional even think of using that word in your business model to raise the standard of your business? It just shows the unprofessionalism of the sites and who runs it.    Over the past few years their policies were tightened but now, its like hitting a match with an arrow at 4 miles. They have made it impossible and that was the whole idea in the first place.  A class action suit is the minimum they should look into with this company.  They tell you they want you to grow your business and then destroy you at the same time.  Some people have this as their sole business.  They should look into its president and see if any  possible criminal charges can be brought forth  What an absolute disgrace this company has become and by far the worst run company that I have ever seen.  

Message 43 of 195
latest reply

Many sellers are un happy. The new defect rate placed many good sellers from top rated to non top rated. They have made it almost impossible with reasoning to generate millions by using sellers as a cash cow. Since they loose the 20 percent discount... Then they used the mesurment and called it a defect rate.. Which is quite offensive.... Even if a buyer opens a case and i resolve it it still counts agaist my defect rate....Not to mention they took away policy compliance which destroyed the avalibility of history that amature sellers could reflect on their mistakes... And not to mention they started charging a final value fee on shipping. Another small change to make millions more... It's not about sellers it's about Q1 Profits .. You want to make money on ebay... Then you buy all the shares in ebay...

Message 44 of 195
latest reply

I lost my "Top Rated" status yesterday.  I have not had an "item not as described" in more than a year and that was because the item was broken in shipment and there were no clear instructions for a buyer to contact me other than by clicking on "item not as described".  Of course I didn't describe it as broken by the post office! .  I have never had a return.  I have had no policy violations.   I have 100% feedback.  The loss of status is most likely due to the nearly impossible one-day shipping requirement.  I live in a remote area.  When I print labels, if I click on "request post office pickup" a pop-up says "Service not available".  There is no home delivery of mail in this town.  I am 79 years old.  I do not drive and the Senior Transportation bus goes to the post office only on Wednesdays and Fridays.  I have tried to comply, by asking neighbors if they are going by the post office.  I have 1900+ positive feedbacks.  I used to have no more than 30 listings at a time and most things would sell.  I now keep more than 100 listings running and there are days with no bids.  Latest period with no bids was 18 days.  I told my sister yesterday, "I think our days on eBay are numbered". I looked at eBID this morning - would anyone recommend them?  I do need a place to sell - Social Security just doesn't cut it.

Message 45 of 195
latest reply