cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knight_Knight's Laments

Nicholas Rascasso, "Holy... Alien... Cow"? Is that all you really have to say in your posted messages # 65 & 66 of this "Please Introduce Yourself" thread to that Littlen masterpiece? (Go back to Rascasso's Songs!) ;-) Well, let me add a bit, as well as respond to Mort's posted long message # 63 on this thread. This dark horse, night sleeper, of Nort, Bows lowly, bent knee, to the Mort. Green Knight does foresake And New Joisey takes cake, Moon Mission must this knight abort. Barley / Old English, what matters? When Hackensack shreds into tatters, The ugly he claims But no shame with the fame Are the words of an icon he flatters. A new King of crowned words contrived, To dismay of a few, has arrived. But one(?) knight is in awe Of the lines that they saw, But still yellow that he has survived. Not a liar - but Snerdly of lineage, Despite the phrase bank of mass pilferage. 'Tis an honor indeed To hear such a creed, Back to school must this Bronxite find tutorage. So, welcome, our deadly new friend! Not clear if it's Us vs. Them. Will two Brits and a poke Attempt to evoke Amendments to ban in the end? REGARDLESS, AND TO MAKE THINGS ABSOLUTELY CLEAR: (The Misplaced Olive Branch) The world does seem filled with great men Each with a gift to open But when egos abound Including Vermont clowns The softness can grow hard in the end Let's open the good that's within Speak lightly but just not with kin Cloaked in hurt breast We hide in some jest The feeling we hold deep within. So let us make peace with our foes Keep open the doors and not closed For foe is not foe But merely spring doe If only allowed just to grow. John, Vermont.
Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Knight_Knight's Laments

This topic was branched from Please introduce yourself
Message 2 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

There was an old man in Verment He took pride despite frequent Lament. They were banished in view For critics to chew Now Alan's the one to lament? ;-) Teasing John.
Message 3 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

There was an old man of Verment Whose humour made others dement When driven insane Again and again They drowned him encased in cement
Message 4 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

There was an old man of Verment Whose rhymes were frequently sent Alas and alack They always bounced back So instead of coming they went
Message 5 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

Alan. Good one! LOL! John.
Message 6 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

Alan, Wow! Speedy fingers! Wait! No more YET! Let me get a word or two................ or many..... in! There were two for the price of mere one. The prize for the best you've just won! "Priceless" they screamed; Mastercard beamed. U.S. TV commercials in dun(g). Ugh! John. 😉
Message 7 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

Oh good, I love a good rhyme Thoughts written in measured time But that guy from Verment And his alacks and lament Makes me laugh every time
. . .

If you go with the flow you'll either get washed out to sea or be dammed.
Message 8 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

I know good Alan will say Don't encourage him, you'll pay That's probably true But give him his due He must have something to say
. . .

Message 9 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

Here's a song for you all. Sung to the tune of Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. (All together now...) Rudolfo the red faced researcher Had a very red coloured face After he wrote on sand sets and penned 10 pages of pish All the other researchers were bemused and some like alan D were amused To see the written word so abused and to see such rubbish 'facts' used. Chorus.... Repeat from beginning
Message 10 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

Don't sell old sticks of Jonchette As being a Dieppe sandchess set Because chessspy Dewey Will shout out "phooey" And shaft you with an old bayonet
Message 11 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

godopenedherwomb
Enthusiast
There was a man from Verment Whose moves almost daily were sent After some shuffling around Said "I'm a piece down And all my initiative spent"
Message 12 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

gevork6
Enthusiast
LOL!! ....GREAT STUFF!!! aa
Message 13 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

The Closing of 2009. The winds are a-changing; no rest. The waves help the currents address The Ups and the Downs Chess pieces abound Regardless, it sure looks a mess! Jaques Staunton and likes of ANRI, Chess Corns in the shape of Barley, So many shapes take; Authentic and fake; Transactions seem all but sorry! Chess pieces are "neat" for us all; Creators, collectors, all call... The secret be great - In a book called The Eight - Beware of it all, lest we fall. Just what is it we all really want? To be noticed(?) from Queens / perhaps Kant? But Social is Man, And Chess Things - please don't ban, Lest we all end it here with a haunt. There were once some symphonic Collectors, Who sought to sooth life's great Defectors Discordance prevailed. And Music did wail. But Time won out by Reflectors. Some folks do play hard at game chess; Win the game, Win the set, To(o)? aggress. But for me, its no win, Or lose in a spin, The process is what I like best. Time marches on like us small pawns; Work, eat, and sleep chess on flat lawns; The winter creeps in, Making Madmen of kin, Slashing words hurting more than mere brawn. Will peace ever show its meek head? Chess pieces in prisons with bread? The focus is chess, But people do dress Shade colors, so many are fed. A wanting of eyes from around; Some vocal, some silent, some frown. They say one is a clown, The other lies down, And still others get up and leave town. Once again let's all hear that refrain. Refraining - not name of the game. Chess is what joins Male collectors with loins, Should soft ladies put all us to shame? There is room in the Inn - even more! Shapes, sizes, and colors galore. Let's step back (just "a tad"?) With 3 liners - a fad? Jokes, pieces, and more - not a bore! My hope is that things will return, Of course, with some things to relearn, A phoenix to rise, With sun in the skies, Clouds shower and relieve our sunburn. Chess pieces get lost, some not found. OLD Chessmate is now underground. Will pawn reach the end, And find a new friend, In Randolph, Vermont, hear the sound! "In the Beginning", there was The Word. And the word(s) began to Multiply. ;-) Too many words... or too few words... or too softly spoken words... or too loud the words... by the Cains and Abels, by the Jesus(s) and Judas(s), by the Davids and Goliaths, by the slithering serpents, the silent lambs, the knightly steeds, and the roaring beasts....... and the Garden meets the Eve. Fortunately, there is always the hope of a new morning in the Garden(s). Peace to all, and may the spirit of the upcoming New Year 2010 bring renewal of chess spirit! John, Vermont.
Message 14 of 100
latest reply

Knight_Knight's Laments

Not sure I understood any or all As strange words and phrases did fall But of one thing I am sure Chess collecting will endure As we all heed yet another set's call
. . .

Message 15 of 100
latest reply