cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Follow This Search" link returning an error.

For days now I have tried to add some searches to my list of "Followed Searches" & repeatedly receive this message: "Sorry we encountered an internal error. Please try again later."

ebayfollow search error.jpg

I have searched & searched until completely annoyed & have been unable to find an answer. While searching I found some very old discussions concerning 'saved searches', but did not find any solutions to the current problem.

I have cleared my Firefox cache, I have tried the "+Follow This Search" link in Internet Explorer, Chrome & Opera, turned off my ad-block & each browser is returning the same error - "Sorry we encountered an internal error. Please try again later."

I have been manually saving bookmarks for the searches I wish to follow, but this interim solution does not provide me with emails of new results.

I have not been able to find the place I should go to report an eBay.com technical error.  Do I have to make a phone call to customer service to report a website problem?

Any information anyone is willing to provide will be greatly appreciated.

Help please.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

This 'follow this search' issue is still not fixed. I cannot follow any of my searches. Kind attention to this error will be greatly appreciated.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I sent this to doug@ebay  

Hopefully they will look into this.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thanks @do.you.read.me and @joyfulgirlh.

@joyfulgirlh, could you try this search again?

I was able to do the same search, and the link worked.

follow this search message.png

@do.you.read.me wrote:

I sent this to doug@ebay  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

~~Thank you do.you.read.me

~~Hello Doug. My problem is not solely with that search. The "Follow This Search" link doesn't work on any search I do. As previously stated, I've tried the 'Follow This Search' link in all the browsers I have on this computer, I've cleared my cache & cookies & disabled my pop-up blockers, all to no avail. Just for kicks, I did try to follow another search this AM, and I still receive the same error.

ebayfollow search magnifyChromeHover.jpgebayfollow search magnifyChrome error.jpg

The above pictures are of a search I performed in the Chrome browser instead of Firefox. As you can see, the same error is occurring.

Thank you for your kind attention.

@do.you.read.me wrote:

I sent this to doug@ebay  

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

@do.you.read.me wrote:

I sent this to doug@ebay  

This problem is still occurring. Obviously it is some bug attached to my account because I tried logging out on my desktop PC & logging back in on my tablet, and the 'Follow This Search' link doesn't work on the mobile version on my tablet either. So who do I speak to, where do I go when my eBay account is 'buggy'?

Help please!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

This problem is still occurring. Obviously it is some bug attached to my account because I tried logging out on my desktop PC & logging back in on my tablet, and the 'Follow This Search' link doesn't work on the mobile version on my tablet either. So who do I speak to, where do I go when my eBay account is 'buggy'?

Edit to add: When I did a search in the community for 'follow this search' errors (I marked my reply as 'new' , it disappeared & I was trying to find it), I saw at least 2 other people writing about my exact same problem, plus many others with other 'followed searches' issues.

Timely attention to this matter will be great appreciated.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@joyfulgirlh, looking into this.

@joyfulgirlh wrote:

Edit to add: When I did a search in the community for 'follow this search' errors (I marked my reply as 'new' , it disappeared & I was trying to find it), I saw at least 2 other people writing about my exact same problem, plus many others with other 'followed searches' issues.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi @joyfulgirlh, we've looked into this, and it seems to be something specific to your account. We've sent these to eBay Tech Support, and will keep you posted.

@joyfulgirlh wrote:

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Thank you. As posted in my previous message, there were a few other posts about the same problem in the Technical Issues, so there are other accounts that need to be looked into as well. Perhaps there is some common problem between the accounts.
Thank you for the update.

doug@ebay wrote:

Hi @joyfulgirlh, we've looked into this, and it seems to be something specific to your account. We've sent these to eBay Tech Support, and will keep you posted.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I am dealing with the same issue also can not figure out why my watch list wont work its stating its full when its not ??
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for reporting @rfasheville, we are looking into this issue, and will update when we have more info.

@rfasheville wrote:
I am dealing with the same issue also can not figure out why my watch list wont work its stating its full when its not ??

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joyfulgirlh wrote:

For days now I have tried to add some searches to my list of "Followed Searches" & repeatedly receive this message: "Sorry we encountered an internal error. Please try again later."

I have searched & searched until completely annoyed & have been unable to find an answer. While searching I found some very old discussions concerning 'saved searches', but did not find any solutions to the current problem.

I have cleared my Firefox cache, I have tried the "+Follow This Search" link in Internet Explorer, Chrome & Opera, turned off my ad-block & each browser is returning the same error - "Sorry we encountered an internal error. Please try again later."

I have been manually saving bookmarks for the searches I wish to follow, but this interim solution does not provide me with emails of new results.

I have not been able to find the place I should go to report an eBay.com technical error.  Do I have to make a phone call to customer service to report a website problem?

Help please.

Thank you.

So sorry for the extended delay on this! We have a limit to the number of searches that can be followed (typically 100 per account), so I believe we may be hitting the limit here. Can you try unfollowing some of your other searches and then trying to follow this one again? Give us an update and we'll be happy to keep working on this with you!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@joyfulgirlh wrote:

Help please.

Thank you.

So sorry for the extended delay on this! We have a limit to the number of searches that can be followed (typically 100 per account), so I believe we may be hitting the limit here. Can you try unfollowing some of your other searches and then trying to follow this one again? Give us an update and we'll be happy to keep working on this with you!

Hioh! After reading this post, I counted my saved searches in order to be able to help with as much information as possible. I had 110, with only a few I still subscribed to for email results. I 'unfollowed' searches & got the number down to 72, and repeated the search in the picture of my original post (shoe organizer).  I clicked the 'Follow This Search' & it worked! Yay!! Perhaps now that there's an awareness of this problem, eBay will consider increasing the maximum number of followed searches for search-hoarders like me? Seriously, I keep some of them like my printer ink because I return to them over & over. Thank you so much for sticking with this issue, I'm so relieved that I don't have to keep a bunch of internet shortcuts on my desktop. Trinton, should I mark your post as the solution then? Thanks again!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply