eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
reusedstuff
Community Member
everytime i click on something a box pops up from internet explorer and say encountered problem send error report? any help?

i can open ebay and get around the site but when i look at item details or try to bid a box pops up from interenet explorer and says encounter a problem send or don'tsend report to microsoft  i send report then another box pops up at the top left and says this tab has been recovered. but i still can't get details or bid.  i have items for sale i don't know if i will be able to send invoices or see buyers details when they end?  this has been going on for 2 days now?!! 

Other Answers: 3
scottydawg-0693
Community Member
Answered
in reply to reusedstuff

Yes me too,  At first I thought it was only blocking my viewing of items on my saved sellers list, but it's blocking me from viewing most random searched items too.  like you said, for two days now.  I've seen a few others saying the same thing.  Sometimes it will just ignore my request to view an item, and other times it just shuts down Ebay..........................?      scottydawg-0693  

Community Member
Answered
in reply to reusedstuff

I resolved my problem by enabling Javascript in my browser.  Click the "Customer Support" in the upper right corner. Type in "Technical Problem". On the right side of the screen click "Resolving  errors and technical issues".  Scroll down to where it talks about Javascript and click on "Microsoft Support page for enabling Javascript".  It will tell you if yours is enabled and provide instructions on how to enable it.  My instructions were to click "Tools", then "Internet Options", then "Security", then click "Default Level" and "apply".  What was happening to me in Ebay was....If I put something in my shopping cart and clicked on it then on view other items from this seller, then clicked another item I would get a message that said "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to recover this tab" or something like that.  It would not let me open any other items to put in the cart and would not let me manage my cart.

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to reusedstuff

use the tools menu to run IE in compatibility mode.

Also, try this:

log out of ebay, use the tools menu to clear your browser's cache and cookies, close your browser , open it up again and try again.

Or try another browser.

The browsers eBay recommends (and links to them) can be found by clicking 'customer service' at the top right, and then type browser into the search box.