Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

What's going on? Nothing works

What's going on? Nothing works

galchunia
Enthusiast

My eBay, search - nothing works properly last hour; get either partial info or nothing at all. Never had anything like this before during my nearly 15 yrs on eBay.

Whats going on?

Message 1 of 141
140 REPLIES

Re: What's going on? Nothing works

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 7:59:08 PM
qualityconst88
Adventurer

Same here. If I click on my listings it says they were removed. I had several items end this evening and none of them had bids move. This sucks!

Message 2 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 7:59:51 PM
jcslater05
Adventurer
My listings aren't showing either. One second it says they have been removed then the next they reappear. Never seen this happen.
Message 3 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:00:59 PM
bandegifts
Pathfinder

Can't login to my ebay.

Message 4 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:08:41 PM
marktova
Enthusiast

Seems to be working again..I missed 5 watched auctions ending...a LOT OF SELLERS ARE GOING TO BE FURIOUS..  no one could bid on the end of their auctions

Message 5 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:09:00 PM
mondeel
Adventurer

I can't for the life of me find the message again, but I was experiencing similar problems and was able to find a System Announcement message that indicated a several hour window tonight (10/29/2015) during which they were doing "system maintenance" and said something about certain features not working intermittently during this period.  I had two auctions end during the period of concern and I can see that no bids were placed in the final minutes of the auctions (which is highly unlikely since they were highly watched and bid on items).  I am fairly sure that the system issues created technical issues which impacted bidding on my items and, ultimately, cost me a good amount of money.

Message 6 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:11:55 PM
jcslater05
Adventurer
I could not even view listings on my watch list although just a half hour earlier I was receiving notifications of items that were ending. For reference I was using the eBay app on iPhone and eBay on PC, neither of which were working.
Message 7 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:15:23 PM
hardestbutton
Pathfinder

This site is absolutely losing it.  First they cost sellers money by not ending scheduled sales on time in Markdown Manager due to a glitch.  Now the entire site is pretty much not functional.  I can't view my listings, I can't print shipping labels, can't log in to Paypal.  Maybe this is eBay's way of trying to one up themselves by screwing the sellers even more.  No update anywhere on the announcements board and I've now been on hold for 35 minutes and counting...

Message 8 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:16:21 PM
jcslater05
Adventurer
eBay should, at the very least, reimburse all fees from items sold during the downtime or allow users to relist. I never once received notice of system maintenance. If my items were ending during this period of downtime I would be very upset.
Message 9 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:16:34 PM
qualityconst88
Adventurer

Looks like Ebay owes us a lot of money!

Message 10 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:18:35 PM
ss4vegeta007
Adventurer

I tried calling Ebay and they said in a automated system that the whole site went into a "Emergency Shutdown" Whatever that is. Then hung up. I had just won a auction and was about to pay when this went down. It went straight to a mbuy.ebay.com sote and wanted my CC number. This is bad.

Message 11 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:19:15 PM
nidsel
Scout

at least. you could post. lol

I tried to post, but it even didnt let me do that...

Message 12 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:24:23 PM
prepchef
Enthusiast

It's not just there it is paypal too not working anywhere with swiping or entry if you can get it to load.

Message 13 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:25:54 PM
mondeel
Adventurer

I can't find the message again.  Wondering if I had just stumbled onto an old maintenance system announcement and thought it was related to today's issues.  In any case, whatever caused the technical issues messed up two of my auctions.

Message 14 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:27:43 PM
kriot2001
Enthusiast

Got in touch with Paypal, a server has crashed they are working on it, not sure if they are connected still with Ebay.

Message 15 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:29:17 PM
qualityconst88
Adventurer

Sounds like a hack job with the misdirected payment website mentioned. Watch your banking close as well as Paypal.

Message 16 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:33:29 PM
boxorder
Pathfinder

I can tell you that I have clicked many auctions that were moments from ending only to have eBay display a message stating that the item wasn't valid or is no longer in the database. Sellers must be losing money. Smiley Sad Gift cards can't be processed and PayPal is down and attempts to log in there are resulting in timeouts. Unbelievale that they didn't schedule this kind of thing for 3 in the morning versus late evening when people want to bid and/or buy.

Message 17 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:36:09 PM
qualityconst88
Adventurer

EBay and Paypal are seperate companies now. If Paypal had a server crash & Ebay was having issues, the only conclusion I can come to is they both were hacked in a coordinated effort. I hope I am wrong, but if I am not, we all may have far bigger problems than a few lost bids!

Message 18 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:36:17 PM
mondeel
Adventurer

This is now posted on Customer Service page, "Customer Service representatives temporarily unavailableWe're temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for understanding."  They have also posted a brief note on facebook acknowledging some users are experiencing (or experienced) issues.

Message 19 of 141

in reply to Oct 29, 2015 8:40:14 PM
kaycstamper
Adventurer

I read somewhere that they are updating until 10:15 pm PST tonight.  

It caused many of us to lose auctions or sales.  It would have been nice if they'd sent out an email warning us, I didn't find anything on the annoucements page.  I held for over an hour when I first discovered the problems...no eBay Summary, it said I had no items in the watch list, I couldn't see my purchases or sold items, and my searches didn't work.  If I tried to view an item it said it was removed.

I feel like I wasted my time this week because I had items I was watching and planned on bidding on tonight...they ended, someone got a great deal.  I usually bid at the end so as not to run it up, guess that backfired!

Message 20 of 141