cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Seller showing as International Seller on Ebay.com

I recently noticed a problem in that I am a US Seller, but I am identified as an "International Seller" on Ebay.com (i.e. US site).

Why does it matter? Most of my items are electronic components, and many US buyers want to purchase items ONLY from US sellers (since much of the stuff from China is counterfeit). So this makes a huge difference to me, since now my listings don't show up in the US (top) section when buyers click "US Only" for item location, but instead my items are lumped together with the Chinese junk at the bottom of the page.

Also, I initially thought this may be an issue of me being in Hawaii, but I see the same problem for vendors in California as well. For instance, looking for "2N6489" will illustrate the problem.

So my question is does anybody have an idea how to resolve this problem? Actually, this new "feature" started very recently, and I suspect it's a bug in Ebay's algorithms.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@tom_in_paradise;

I can't replicate the problem. All of your listings are shown as being located in the USA when I view them. Even running the exact search you suggested, I see your listing for that item among the USA sellers.

capture11.JPG

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@tom_in_paradise;

I can't replicate the problem. All of your listings are shown as being located in the USA when I view them. Even running the exact search you suggested, I see your listing for that item among the USA sellers.

capture11.JPG

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Thanks a lot for double-checking; I consider this solved now.

I suspect the problem lies in the fact that I'm located in Hawaii, so their algorithm thinks I'm not part of the US (although we are). This seems to happen even if I log out of ebay, but they probably use my IP address to determine I'm in Hawaii.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I have the same issue. Only some of my items are showing as an international seller, others are fine.
???
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I am in Texas and some listings are showing up as international.
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

GRRRRRRRRRRRR...this is happening to one of my listings this afternoon.  I sell in US, only to US and I listed an item and it shows none available but 1 found from an International Seller.  I click on it and it states I am in US.  What is going on????

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

This is happening to us as well, I have many examples.  Sometimes ebay phone staff can replicate it, sometimes not.   In the below example I've actually weeded down the search result to ONLY show my 2 listings from my USA address only shipping to the USA.  One of the listings shows in the regular search results, one shows in the "international seller" list.    Seems like it started around the 11th of august 2017 (about 5-6 days ago), or maybe thats when I noticed it.

This is absoultely hurting our sales when we don't show up in the regular results.  In the second example, I weeded the search criteria to ONLY show our result.  Not only did it not come up, it's at the bottom of the "international seller" section (listing with 4 tires at the bottom).  HELP!!!!

ebay-prerunner_dual.jpgebay-fail-traxxas-paddle-tires.jpg

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I was going to add, for me, and occiasionally ebay support they can replicate some of this.  if you do a basic search for    traxxas 3776    if we are doing the same basic searches, you will get 38 or 39 results.  you have to hit search over and over for it to toggle results as 38 or change to 39.  On instances where it's 39 our item with the 4 tires is there.  On instances where it's 38, ONLY our listing for 4 tires is missing.  explain that one.  Anybody?!  and in that scenario it doesn't show up as 'international seller' either.

Although, over the last 10 minutes it hasn't been doing it.   Figures. 

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

it depends on what server or program you get logged into when you sign on. The reason it is intermition is because sometimes you get good program (does not show international) sometimes bad ( you get the international problem). WHICH MEANS THIS IS ALSO HAPPENING TO OUR BUYERS AND THEY DO NOT KNOW IT. When you get the international problem. Sign off close window. Open new window sign in and sometimes you get the good program sometimes you have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times to get the good one.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Add me to the list of people with items now showing as an international seller on some items.  This seriously affects the visibility of these items.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

post examples.  I can post MANY.  😞  My personal experience is that if I do a search and add the criteria of "within xxx miles of my zipcode", they become easier to spot.  I'm curious your result.  some I have to hit refresh and it's random, some, it's every time. 😞

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

this particular item (the one for $11.99) even when searched within 100 miles of my zipcode does not show up in the search result.  We show up in the international seller list, but it says it (ebay search result) knows the listing is <5 miles from my zipcode.?!  you can see it shown 2 different ways.  neither results with the item showing up in the standard search results.  😞  😞

On the second image, my 3 competitors show up as results, not me.  We are shown below in the international section.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

This is happening to our account.  I have called E-bay, and they have no known problems of this issue.  This is killing sales/searching/visibility, is anyone able to advise how to fix this?  Not all of the listings are showing like this.  But on a quick search I found 3 already that are like this. 

I have attached some examples.

Trinton/Heidi can you please help???

trinton@ebay 

heidi@ebay

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

I am having this problem as well.  Not on all but on a lot of my listings.  Some are not coming up at all in a search of my excat title.

I'll keep watching this thread to see if anyone figures out a fix.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

The issue isn't your listings or your location.

The issue is the search function  for buyers that incorrectly groups some US listings, sometimes, as coming from International Sellers in search results. 

It's a bug.  You can't do anything about it.   It's been going on for over a week now. 

See many topics in the SELLER Discussion in The Community for more details.  

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 15 of 27
latest reply