cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Items Remain in Active Selling List

Whenever I have an item that sells, it remains in my Active list in Selling and I have to manually end the item to remove it.

It does not appear to be visible to buyers as being available, but does anyone know why sold items are not being removed from Active automatically?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like you might have activated the  "Out of stock' option in your Site Preferences.  

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/multiple.html#outofstock

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Sounds like you might have activated the  "Out of stock' option in your Site Preferences.  

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/multiple.html#outofstock

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

That was exactly what I had done, thank you! Now undone that and all is good. I do appreciate it.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I have the same problem, but only recently.  These "active" listings appear to be seen by others and I had one person submit an offer.  This is when I first noticed this.  I check my ebay listing daily and wonder why this  is now happening. 

I have also noticed that when I log into ebay the site is secure.  BUT when I go to My Ebay Summary and then click on "All List" I get an unsecure address.  This is the address i get: 

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextListIndex&ssPageName=STRK%3AME%...

I wonder if this is why the sold listings are still active? 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I have this problem but not for the same reason. The person who posted below does as well with no answer so I posted the question again elsewhere.

Photobucket"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Highly doubtful secure/non-secure web pages have anything to do with this.

More likely a backend database gremlin that is causing a "sold" staus flag not to be retrieved (or similar filtering scheme) for some items for some users under certain unknown conditions.
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

This is happening to me.  Within the last week, everything that I sell still shows up in my active listings.  When I click on them it says that this item is sold.  This is a real pain in my backside and I'm afraid one of these times I'll forget to check and it will sell the item again.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Thank you! Mystery solved!
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I have the same problem now... How I could solve it? Thank you

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

It's been 3 years but your solution still works. Thanks so much! It was really annoying and I couldn't figure out why my listing was still active after stuff was sold
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

This has happened to my last 3 sold items, they sold AGAIN and I have to refund the new disappointed buyer, why is this happening?

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

You rock!  I have had the same problem where my sold items were staying as active sales.  I also have deleted manually.  I called Ebay and talked to someone that said I had drafts.  (It wasn't the problem at all, so I continued to delete manually.)  Thank you for your explanation.  My sales are picking up and don't want to worry about this problem.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

VERY helpful!!! Your reply just solved my dilemma as well! Thanks!!! 😁👍

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

i have had this problem for months. i wonder if they are charging extra for those additional sold still active items. thats not a happy place to be EBAY! 

UNHAPPY BUYERS AND SELLERS..make for bad will and no future sales.

omg what does one have to do to get attention and get this fixed! just happened to me again twice this week and once last week..so much for getting help. looks like its been ongoing for years! see the string of complaints below!

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

btw not drafts at all..not multiple skus either

Message 15 of 24
latest reply