• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Shipping Labels Printing Too Small

My shipping labels have been printing great and all of a sudden they are printing too small. They are printing

4 3/4" x 3".  I called Ebay but they could not tell what to do about it. She did tell me to use a different browser. I have printed about 100 shipping labels the same way, why would it change now. 

Accepted Solutions: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

Same thing happened to us:  Labels were fine for months and then a couple of days ago they started coming out too small.  I did a little digging and this worked for me:  In your browser (I am using IE8) go to File>Page Setup, and UNCHECK the "Enable Shrink to Fit".  Hope this helps someone else!

bobbie354
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

Check your printing preferences or when label is ready to print hit preveiw and see the % it is set to.  If less than 100% change. bobbie ]:smileyhappy:

rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

mine started doing that a couple days ago.

I noticed that there is a message above the label on the screen that says... if label prints too small, open the label in the window.

you click on that message and another window with the label opens and you print from there. the label then comes out the correct size.

an extra step, I know.

Other Answers: 11
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

I have Firefox and the same solution as IE worked for me.  Go to File then Page Setup then set Scale to 100%.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

I recently had the same problem with labels printing too small. I discovered that in my print page setup, the enable shrink to fit box was checked. I disabled it and now the labels print normal. Hope this helps

Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

For Firefox users, click the orange 'Firefox" dropdown button in upper left corner of the browser window. Then click on "print", then click "page setup". Now look in the small "format" window and make sure "scale" is set to 100%.  I printed a label two days ago, and it printed just fine. Today, it was printing too small. When I checked the "scale" setting, it was set to 80% for some reason. I set it back to 100% and bingo. Good to go.

dogpapa902
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

THANK YOU!  I had the same problem!  Labels always printed perfect, taking up 1/2 the page.  All of a sudden, this week they're down to 1/4 page.  In IE 8 I went File, Page Setup, unchecked "Enable Shrink To Fit", clicked "OK" and voila -- back to 1/2 page labels!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

I've been printing labels for years with no problem, although now I'm also experiencing episodes where the size has changed from large to small.  I print wirelessly from across the room, so I'm not in the habit of checking my labels while I'm printing.  If the size has mysteriously switched to small, I print quite a few too-small labels.  I have reprinted those labels in the past, but it's time- and ink-consuming.  This time I'm going to ship the small labels.  If the USPS doesn't like it, maybe they'll get on eBay to fix this glitch (in all my experience with eBay, they have never admitted to a single glitch that I've reported).  By the way, I don't want to hear from any "blinding flash of the obvious" geniuses that I can click "print larger size" since, as I just explained, this occurs erratically and I have no idea BEFORE I've printed labels that the size is going to be different from the last time I printed.  The real issue is why our settings change with no warning - I welcome comments or explanations regarding that.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

Having the same problem on Firefox. Nothing that I try fixes it. Nothing. So I have to print on IE 64-bit, which is not something that is remotely convenient since I am a Firefox user. First world problems.

E

spdracer711
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

For Exploer web browser...Print page setup, the enable shrink to fit box is checked. I disabled it and now the labels print normal.

joeseadog
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

If I open a PDF file and scale it down to print it on one sheet, say from 100% to 75%, the next time I print a label through ebay, it scales it down to 75% as well. So now when I print a PDF file, I make sure I always return the drop down box to 100%. There's no way this should have any effect on the printing of label through ebay, but it does.

On the other hand I never print full size labels, if you print labels in the B5 size option, your ink carts will last 40% longer. That size if still very readable and easily scanable by the Postman.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

I use FireFoxI followed the advice, but the problem is that every time I want to print I have to follow the advice and change to 100%. How can I have it stay permanently?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

I had the same problem with Firefox.  I tried all the suggested fixes and they didn't work.

I switched to Safari and it worked fine with no fooling around with settings.

There have been other issues with Firefox lately.  It's not as good as it used to be.

Pete

Community Member
Answered
in reply to bubba_honey

Thanks everyone for the solutions, all of them work and the labels are right again.:-D