cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos on Watch List

Does anyone have the same problem that I am having?  Just a few of the photos on my watch list are showing up.  Are there any solutions to correcting and/or fixing this problem?  I am using Windows 10.  Thanks, if you are able to help.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Photos on Watch List

See my post http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Many-pictures-not-displaying-in-my-ebay/m-p/25267451#U...

What I have found is the default page in my ebay, "My eBay: Summary", does not display all the photos but if I use "My eBay: All lists" the pictures display as they should. It's ebays problem not our equipment. I don't think they will fixing this anytime soon. Why? I don't know... It should be an easy fix.

See if "All lists" displays for you as well. I have not heard from anyone regarding if this display works for them but then I just posted this recently. Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Photos on Watch List

I've been having the same issue for the last 3-4 days.  It's not consistent and does not seem to affect my ipad like it does the desktop.  I'm using Firefox on the desktop.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

See my post http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Many-pictures-not-displaying-in-my-ebay/m-p/25267451#U...

What I have found is the default page in my ebay, "My eBay: Summary", does not display all the photos but if I use "My eBay: All lists" the pictures display as they should. It's ebays problem not our equipment. I don't think they will fixing this anytime soon. Why? I don't know... It should be an easy fix.

See if "All lists" displays for you as well. I have not heard from anyone regarding if this display works for them but then I just posted this recently. Good luck.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

Thank you so much!!  You are a technical genius!   I followed your directions about clicking on "all lists" under My Ebay.  Yes, the pictures all come up.  Hopefully, Ebay will consult with you and fix this on the regular My Ebay area.  You deserve a position with Ebay in their technical department.  I'm actually thinking you should be at the head of it!  Have a blessed day.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

Took your advice switching to all, but now I can't see any of my purchased items awaiting feedback! I have to manually switch to see any of the closed items I've bought.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

I have to do the same.  Oh well, it's a start and the only solution that has brought up the pictures.  It has to be on Ebay's end.  Hopefully, they can correct it for good.  Blessings to you and yours.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

Hi Everyone.

Yah, that was not a fix but a way to view the pics which is helpful in viewing items especially when they are similar. In that view, "All lists", you also can not delete watched items, add or edit notes. I'm sure there are plenty of things we also can't do from there but it works to review watched items.

I find it an irony that ebay calls it "All lists". We certainly can not access all lists from there, at least not as would be intended.

Everything is turning to a work around... About the only good to come from this is that only serious buyers and sellers will remain. The rest will leave shaking their heads in frustration!

But hey, the commercials display correctly!  Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

A comparison of links for pics that work in my ebay "Summary" and links that don't and the links to the pictures in my ebay "All lists".

I used items that run through April 7 to give us some viewing time.

These are items I've had in my watch list. Both displayed properly not long ago.

First links from my ebay "Summary".  Note the address differences...

1) This link works.       http://i.ebayimg.com/images/m/mgaEHCpgGs9yo0F1eAETAbA/s-l200.jpg

2) This one does not.  http://i.ebayimg.com/images/m/mpi_26.jpg

Now links from my ebay "All lists". Both work.

1) http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l140/pict/351399464235_1.jpg

2) http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l140/pict/221850004299_1.jpg

In my "Summary" 2) is a bad link. I believe it has missing or just wrong information (address).

Note that "All lists" goes to the same directory to retrieve the pictures while "Summary" does not. Pictures not displaying in "Summary" are not linking to the correct directory.

It would be helpful to know when the pictures go bad. If someone can find when it occurs they may have found the anwer.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

I really hope they do take this seriously. Not every potential customer will read these posts for the workaround which means there's still possibly a large majority of eBay buyers that aren't seeing sellers' items on their default "Summary" or "Watch List" page which could lead to less sales because without a picture it's almost as if the item doesn't exist or appears less important.

As a buyer I want all my watched items to show on the page they should be showing up on just so the site looks nicer and I don't have to click through items or manipulate pages every time I log on.

As a seller I want to be sure that people are seeing gallery pictures for the items of mine they are watching. This kind of problem really does have big implications.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

Add me to the list. Thought I was going crazy. I'd say this has been happening the past week or two.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

byteheed
Pathfinder

This problem with the thumbnails in the Watch List has been driving me crazy for weeks! Thanks for the tip from so long ago to use All Lists.

Does anyone know how to formally address this long-standing problem with ebay? (Assuming these threads aren't moderated or viewed by QA staff)

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

When are Ebay going to fix this problem or rather when are they going to undo whatever they changed that caused this. It seems they are forever mesing around with parts of the system that dont need fixing. It s time there IT department took notice of the old adege " If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

9/8 still having the issue. Sometimes refreshing the page repeatedly fixes the images but this is crazy! How hard can the fix be for a company this size? ?
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

the photos dont show but the adverts which nobody has any interest in still load

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Photos on Watch List

None of my photos show up in My eBay, Watchlist, All, or Ended, or Active.  This has been going on for months.  Now I get no pictures in my watch list.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply