cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activity, slow sales/offers/emails ETC....

Hi, has anyone noticed a decline in sales and just general activity over the last week or so? I've been on ebay for many years and I'm not getting good searchability, I am not receving many, if any, emails from customers, no offers? Is ebay doing a sustem upgrade or anything? I know there is something going on with the "Active Content" but this is just weird..... Anyone having a similar problem?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I am seeing delays in sending and receiving messages.  I have had at least two buyers either get messages hours after I sent them or not get them at all  despite my messages showing them as sent and replied.   I have had other sellers also tell me they are having the same troubles.

I am also having issues with codeless coupons being applied properly.   So there are definitely some technical issues going on with this site.  I wonder what, if anything, they are doing to resolve these issues that seem to be ongoing but never get fixed.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for your reply, yeah, I get errors when submitting listings sometimes as well, as well as item numbers disappearing but it really is there etc....I haven't tried codeless coupons, afraid of using it in case there is errors like the one you mentioned.  Hopefully they can fix this up soon, calling never is useless 🙂 as we all know....

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Yes I am having the same problem and eBay is telling me that it have something to do with how I word my listing, The way I word my listing have not changes but my sales have and they wont let me talk to anyone in Tech Support.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Take a look at my POSTS in the selling community.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Low-Sales-Here-is-answers/m-p/26782634#U26782634

There is answers i believe to what your expieriancing.  

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Sales were ok for me until I reached out to customer service.  Then they shut the traffic off.  NO SALES OR VIEW ON LISTINGS THAT I LISTED THE LAST TWO DAYS.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

same here only its been 6 days since any sells, normally 3 - 6 daily!!
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I'm only a buyer, not a seller, but it is Tax Time for people in the US and from my many years of life and working, this has always been a slow time. Taxes are due April 15, people are scrambling to get their paperwork finished and are realizing how broke they are at the moment. Things will pick up-they always do. Just one of those "life cycles". Good luck!!
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Im having the same problem. No watchers? Somethings not right. I hesitate to list any more item until I find an answer.. Also, I can not find ebays Phone number??? Whats going on??
Chyanneraines_treasures
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Yes I am.  I have been selling on ebay for 15+ years and have pretty consistant sales numbers.  Now I have really none and more listings which doesn't add up.  I have been getting complaints from customers about item descriptions.  I have found one of the issues is the item description is blank or random words are taken out of context and displayed as the item description which isn't the item description on mobile phones or apps.  the active content thing isn't supposed to take place until June but something is going on with it.  When I take a very plain listing though and view it on a mobile phone it still isn't right.  The test tool for previewing your listing to see if it is compatible doesn't do anything or it doesn't work.  I have called ebay several times this week wanting resolution or help and have been passed from rude person to even rude people who don't care and even a person who told me no one is going to help me.  I am paying for listings which are not getting displayed how they are being entered and there apparently isn't anything I can do.  I have over 1500 listings that are all appearing like this.  This is all I do for a living and right now I am not making any money and they don't care at all.  I don't know what to do but something is seriously wrong.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

My sales been down too. 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Have you checked your listings by doing a search under your ID?  I did a search on yours, and it shows that you have 1,484 active listings.  Is that correct, or do you have more?  

Look at the discussion here:  Listings Not Showing Up In Search Results

Your slow sales may be due to most of the listings not showing up.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Same here for a couple of weeks.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Same thing here!  Nothing----  looks like ebay is too focused on changing the system & planning the Shine event & not paying attention to the fact that their upgrades have destroyed the system!

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Again this week our sales have tanked during the day. This has been happened numerous times the last couple of months. Picked up a little this evening. Nothing worth bragging about. Whatever they are doing with the site. It sucks. Nothing ever seems to get better for sellers on Ebay.
Message 15 of 23
latest reply