cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOV 4th 2016 I am unable to reply to messages. there appears to be an wide spread issues.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

NOV 4th 2016 I am unable to reply to messages. there appears to be an wide spread issues.

Same here-called them and let them know-do the same
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@milkglassanonymous wrote:
Same here-called them and let them know-do the same

Our tech teams are investigating this issue right now; if you could email askcommunity@eBay.com from the address on file with a short description of the error you are running into, I'll be happy to add your account to the list of affected users. The more examples we have the faster we can get to the bottom of this for a fix!

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Same here. I have a seller asking for a physical address to send an item I purchased to, and a buyer who made an offer on an item I'm selling. Can't respond to either one. Frustrating.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Same issue here, trying to respond to a seller with an inquiry through the message system. All I get is the box with my usename and it does not allow me to add any text to create a message.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Also just tried to contact the seller by way of the completed auction menu in My Ebay page. Again, I get the text box with my usermane, but cannot add any text.

Also just tried to ask a different seller on a new auction in progress a question about the item, and had the same issue, not being able to add any text to the message.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Same here. Contacted Ebay. Spoke to heavy indian speaking person with bad english. Wanted personal info, refused to give after I realized I was being scammed. Hung up, call came from same person. I hung up again. Checked my Ebay account and addresses were changed. Contacted Pay Pal. No way to contact Ebay about this. This is the address that my address was changed to.

Every one needs to check their accounts and change all info on your accounts plus change your log in. Report any unusual stuff to Ebay & Pay Pal.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Same issue here all day, hope they get this fixed soon

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I am having the same problem.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Same Here.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

unable to contact seller also ! has been doing this since 11/1 16

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Also can't respond. Hve 4 customers looking for answers. Hope mot to lose the sale.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@titan507
Your other post ebay member  asked for information to be sent see link post #3 did you send them information?

All who are having the issue need to send it along asap so they can get it fixed

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/NOV-4th-2016-I-am-unable-to-reply-to-messages-there-ap...

Edit to say posted to your wrong thread. added info to your new thread
Sorry

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

It is a known issue using Internet Explorer. If you use Mozilla & Firefox it works like normal. Google Chrome would probably work also but I haven't checked. I have had to use Mozilla & Firefox for the last 2 days because there was no place to type answer when using Internet Explorer. It's a pain for me! You can also do a go around using contact buyer sometimes. Ebay says 48hrs for a fix.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

It is a known issue when using Internet Explorer. Mozilla & Firefox works like normal. I imagine Google Chrome will work also but haven't tried. Been having to answer questions using Mozilla & Firefox for 2 days now. Ebay said 48hrs to fix.
Message 15 of 23
latest reply