cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE - eBay looks like 1998 again - anyone else?

Using internet explorer on this computer, co-worker on firefox and everything looks fine, but for me, let's party like it's 1999, because the eBay landing page seems to be:

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 1 of 52
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So far to day, for the first time in a long time, all eBay pages have downloaded correctly. Graphics and links all look good and WORK!
I worked with tech support at eBay yesterday running tests and sending him all kinds of screen captures.
I like to think I helped eBay to fix this problem.
I have my fingers crossed.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 47 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

I've been getting the same text-type pages for weeks, but now it seems like it's happening much more frequently throughout the day.  People can't shop like this!  Please fix it, eBay!

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

hi,  Having the same issues you are with my display, and I am using Firefox.

Don't know what the deal is.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

All just came back to normal.

Dont know why?

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

This problem has been happening for over a month now.

Graphics and Links do not render properly on eBay pages.

Sometimes it affecta a few pages sometimes, like this morning. ALL eBay pages.

Cant read email, see account, pay my eBay seller fees, pay for items won, ship items sold.

NOTHING.

eBay needs to fix this problem.

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

If you call eBay about this (and you should) they will try to deflect, claiming that it is a problem with YOUR browser.

But I have checked this out and it happens on ALL browsers.

I have not seen the problem on mobile apps, so I conclude that eBay's software writers, in an effort to serve groovy cool people, have destroyed the ability of computers to handle their graphics and links.

I sold over $18,000 of merchandise last 60 days, but I can't see how I can keep that up if I can't even get in to manage my eBay affairs.

Purchase History, Items Sold, Watched, bid on, email, my account, including paying my eBay seller fees, DO NOT WORK!

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Don't worry, it will all go south again.

Check out http://downdetector.com/status/ebay to see how long this problem has been going on, what others say, and what the status of eBay's being down is right now.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

ditto here.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Same problem here!

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Thanks for this, I'm having the same problem. I love it when eBay says it's my browser, my computer, my problem. The entire matter is sporadic. It happens on all 3 of our computers at different times.
Message 10 of 52
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@authentic*vintage wrote:

Using internet explorer on this computer, co-worker on firefox and everything looks fine, but for me, let's party like it's 1999, because the eBay landing page seems to be:

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that our tech teams are working on this issue right now for a fix as soon as possible. We've identified certain geographical areas that are experiencing this issue and heard some sellers are able to access the site without issue from their mobile devices once they disconnect from wifi. Usually this means that the internet service provider is the root of the issue, but we are digging into this for a solution for sure!

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

It looked better today that the last few weeks but the listings are all on the left and if you click on one the pages is all distorted and you can't even read it let alone by anything. I bet there are a lot of **bleep** of sellers too!

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

this is horrible. I been trying to place an order for 2 weeks now. I'm getting the same screen you posted. What is the deal??? 

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

Same thing on my end. ERRRRR !!!
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

I downloaded the Google Chrome browser to use on this (work) computer and once I began using Chrome, the pages displayed just fine.

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 15 of 52
latest reply