cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need assistance

Dear jackoliver2009

We're writing to let you know that as of March 14, 2017, at least 4 of your listings on the eBay.com sites contain active content. Active content (e.g. JavaScript, Plug-ins or Flash, iFrame and Form actions) will no longer display in your eBay listings starting in June 2017.

While your listings will still remain active, certain text, images, and other elements may not display as intended once active content is disabled. See the table below for specific examples from your listings.

Removing active content from your listings will give you the following benefits:

• Improved performance on mobile devices
  • Faster load times
  • A more secure marketplace

Here's a closer look at your listings that contain active content: eBay.com
Active content type Number of listings Sample listing IDs JavaScript 4 120742017091, 120489795127, 120866657316, 121490645877 Plug-ins or Flash 4 120742017091, 120489795127, 120866657316, 121490645877 To ensure the best experience for shoppers, please remove the active content listed above or replace it with HTML or CSS alternatives as soon as possible by following our recommended best practices.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sincerely,
eBay Seller Team

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I need assistance

what don't you understand?  They are telling you to check those listings for scrolling galleries and the like and to remove those.......

On one of your listings that I checked, the galleries aren't working anyway........

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I need assistance

It is your scrolling gallery
Try using shipscripts tool
http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ActiveContentScanner.htm
It will scan your items, each line color will be explained & move bottom of the link for the sandbox link to remove the items that need fixed

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I need assistance

Anyone know how to remove Auctive scrolling gallery in bulk?  Do I have to go to Auctiva?  Ugh, it's been so long since I've logged on to it...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I need assistance

Auctiva has the best CS help, when you log in go to top tool bar for help and open a ticket
Ask them to make sure they are going to remove any old content
They require you have a token and preferences set correctly. I asked them to check mine & they did
I opened my ticket late last night & they answered today , advised all my new listings with the scrolling gallery is complying  with ebays active content and they are going to update all the old ones for me.
you just need to contact them.

Here is what they messaged me

Auctiva's Scrolling Gallery and View Counter are now completely active content-free and 100% compliant with the Active Content Policy*, so now all new listings posted to eBay contain the Auctiva, active content-free Scrolling Gallery and/or View Counter(if your account preference is set to yes that is).  

If you have older active listings that contain old versions of the Auctiva Scrolling Gallery or View Counter, we're going to automatically upgrade those tools to the new active content-free versions for free so you don't have to do that work. Just make sure you have an *active token with us that way we're able to give you the automatic upgrades

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I need assistance

Not a chance
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I need assistance

Clear as mud, thank you very much for your response.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I need assistance

What is a scrolling gallery?????

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I need assistance

A image gallery is a widget you place in your descriptions to display other items you have for sale. This can be static or dynamic (scrolling).

This is an example of a static gallery that eBay has recommended for use in the Summer Seller Update - http://pages.ebay.com/sell/itemdescription/bestpractices.html#ImageGalleryBestPractice

Auctiva has a dynamic or scrolling gallery that is reported to be active content free. I do not know if you have to define the images, as in the eBay example, or whether it gets the images from your active listings. I would guess the former.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply