eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Ebay shipping is broken, and if you attempt to print a label, you will be charged for it but cannot print it. Worse, refund takes 4wks.

Ebay shipping is broken.  Attempts to print shipping labels fail when the label cannot be presented in a pop-up.  Ebay attempts to open a file on a remote server, and IE browser fails with error "Server refused connection".  This began with Microsoft Security Update MS12-014.

Worse, your PayPal account is charged for the shipping label, and Ebay support insists that once voided, the refund can take up to four weeks.  This stinks, Ebay technical problems has caused me to be incorrectly and unfairly charged $75 for shipping labels that could not be printed due to technical problems which are their responsibility.  They should refund the charges immediately.

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dlphillips

For all those system brilliant experts who comment that this is a system problem, you should do your homework before pontificating to the masses.

Ebay shipping label pop-up works by executing script inside the page that opens a file on a remote server.  Not only is this a security risk, it is simply not good design.  The MS security update ensures IE will request validation of credentials across a secure connection, and the validation was rejected by the server.  This is not a local system problem, and likewise is not a MS problem, it is simply bad design on the back-end server. Note that this problem only occurs when using Ebay shipping.  The process works fine when it is performed by the end provider, in this case, USPS, on their own server.

I have been using Ebay shipping for years, and never had a problem until now.  As for the unfair charge, let me state it this way, I requested a service from the provider, Ebay,  for which I was charged first, but was not completed.  The print shipping label process executes the charge for the label prior to rendering if for display and print, and that procvess failed because the host page script could not open the file on the Ebay server.  The script for the host page does not detect this error, and there is no recovery process.  Worse, Ebay assumes the position that they are not responsible for the monetary expense, that the shipping provider, UPS, USPS, etc; must be requested to refund the charges, and then only when it is confirmed that the shipping label was not used.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dlphillips

I printed labels yesterday and today and i had no problems. maybe a problem with your computer? By the way, I've never had to wait 4 weeks for a refund, so maybe you'll be lucky too.:-)I hope things get better for you.

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dlphillips

"...This began with Microsoft Security Update MS12-014"

then it would seem to bean OS problem, not an ebay problem.

you can use system restore to undo the updates.

try it and let us know if it helped resolve your printing issue.

ritacummins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dlphillips

These are not Ebay's problems, they are yours.  IE does not work as well as Firefox or Chrome when printing labels, and you always need to be sure that your popup blocker is turned off.

The refund is made by the USPO, not by Ebay or Paypal.  That is why it takes so long.  2 or 3 weeks is the norm to get a refund for a voided label.

everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dlphillips

Use a different browser...Firefox works best with eBay.

Update your Adobe Flash

Issues with updates to your browser are not hardly eBay fault or problem.

You were not unfairly charged anything....YOU purchased the label and you get charged.

You void the label.....the PO send you a refund...that is who you purchased the label from.

The issue is on YOUR end...not eBay's.