cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is messing with my Quantities causing out of stock

There is a glitch somewhere.  My quantities are all messed up causing out of stock defects.  I now have 4 defects in a 3 week period due to quanties/inventory being incorrect in the listing.  I thought the first 2 were my fault for an error in counting inventory but now It is looking like its on purpose so I will loose my top rated seller status, because I am going to after 3 years.  Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Watch carefully when manually relisting your multi quantity listings.   On the relist page, make sure the amount is correct, if not change it.

When I manually relist a multi quantity listing, the amount available shows the original amount, regardless if I sold any.     That got me in trouble a few times.  Now I watch it carefully,

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Same here. Sizes we sold out months ago suddenly added to stock file incurring out of stock issues. This is not related to relisting. When checking latested revisions our stock file is amended during the night. We changed our password too in case of hacking, still happening. Been going on for months. Def ebay updates have something to do with it.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I believe there are some settings that will automatically adjust quantities......have you checked to be sure those haven't been defaulted to something? 

Is the listing actually showing a revision when quantity is changed or do new numbers just "appear"? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I suspect this has something to do with the Summer seller update. It isn't scheduled to go into effect yet but it looks like parts of it are going live now. There is an update saying they MAY AUTOMATICALLY re-list some items for certain sellers without either the seller's permission or warning. It's not supposed to affect out of stock or sold items, but it's ebay so of course the program won't distinguish sold from unsold items. Just like in my selling reminders where I'm always advised to use free shipping on my items THAT ARE LISTED WITH FREE SHIPPING ALREADY!
My programming glitch is a nuisance, yours is actually damaging. Call the super effective Ebay Customer Service people and try to get those defects removed since it's a programming error and not your doing. Good luck!
=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

There is an update saying they MAY AUTOMATICALLY re-list some items for certain sellers without either the seller's permission or warning.

Not the case........  For sellers who use the quick/short listing form......there now is no time duration on f/p listings.....and those will renew automatically until sold or canceled by the seller.  It's spelled out in the listing form. 

Sellers can opt out of the quick listing form by going to upper right corner of form and clicking on go to Advanced listing form.....

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Exactly!!!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I've had the same problem.  Thought it was me, but I have been checking the multi-variation listings and finding this repeatedly.  Last night, resulted in an out of stock condition and a disappointed customer.

Apparently, this problem was reported over a year ago and remains.  Why is that eBay?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply