cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has become unusable - WHAT THE HELL IS EBAY DOING? EBAY SUCKS!!!!!

Over the past two years, navigating through ebay pages is becoming slower and slower - if not impossible, pages are not loading completely, when you select "back to my ebay" the page, ebay does not always return you to your summary page - often you are returned to your items purchased page instead. When navigating seller listings, It takes forever to bring up an item or when you try to go back to your search results, the page just sits and "ginds and grinds" and there is no way to communicate with ebay to try find a solution to the problem. I have checked and this is not a problem with my computer nor my internet providers (MSN Premium, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrom, etc.) - the problem is only when I am in ebay. Don't have this problem with Amazon or other websites at all. I have been an ebayer for over 15 years, purchased over 3,000 items with 100% positive feedback and I no longer want to use ebay. EBAY YOU ARE PATHETIC! I will close my ebay account and find some other website "that actually works" to make purchases - such as Amazon.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

I ditto your post.  This Ebay site has been horrible in the past months but in the past days unusable.  I cannot open, reply, or send messages.  When I list items for sale it takes 5+ minutes for the pages to load.  I put my concerns in as a reply to your post because I cannot even find on this Ebay site where you can initiate a post in this user forum!  

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

12/16/2016 Afternoon update: One of my potential buyers asked me a question.  I clicked the "answer question" link on the Ebay auction page.  It took 3 minutes for the page to load where I was able to draft a response.  

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

I hope after Christmas eBay gets back to normal speed. Right now it slows down my whole computer. I have to close the eBay link to get my computer back. Amazon and everybody else is ok. I can't buy, sell or read messages. Definately sucks. Why haven't they added additional servers if that's what the problem is???

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

That's a good question.  I would not count on it getting better.  

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

This has been going on for at least 6 months, all you can do is close your browser out completely and try again.

eBay Board of Directors needs to clean house across the board in top management.

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

I agree! This has gotten horrible and after three or four tabs open on different ebay pages the browser slows down or completely locks up for 2-3 minutes before it does anything. It will even slow down the computer and i have to forcefully close the browser. 

eBay this has gotten ridiculous. This needs to be fixed. Whatever has happened or caused this issue to multiply 100 times over the past 2-3 weeks has got to be resolved

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same sad story here, seems to me this has been getting worse and worse since around September. It shows in the tab after the page name 'EBay not responding' at nearly every open page that has anything to do with EBay, from the main page to listing items for sale. Slow would really be excellent at this point, the pages just seem to reset at random, typing in the search bar locks up with error tone, cursor will relocate from the line end to the middle of the word or words, and even just tab or stop completely. Pages load without pictures, text boxes appear as 'X', half pages, missing random lines and just about every other page issue you would expect from Windows 98. Please dont say try clearing catche or history, at this point the thousands and thousands of users having these problems have tried all the standard and expert methods of cleaning up our drives to get one single website to work correctly, i dont think its us EBay and i cant imagine you are unaware of these problems. YOUR WEBSITE IS BROKEN, PLEASE FIX IT, THANK YOU!!

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Likewise here, only not quite that bad.  Been slow for about two weeks.  I've done everything I can from my end with no improvement.  All other net sites are working great, as usual.  This has to be an eBay problem.   Come on someone, figure this out!

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

Same here.  Main issue for me is the inability to scroll.  Doing a search and attempting to scroll the page results in the site freezing and my having to close the browser (Chrome) and start over.  I've repeatedly cleared my cache and done everything else that I can to no avail.  I've even done a speed check on my Time Warner Cable internet connection and it is perfect.  No problems whatsoever with any other website I've used in the past week.  As I always do when I'm having a problem, I check the boards to see if others are experiencing the same problem, and it is a yes.  Come on man..............

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

But not all sellers have this issue.  My pages load correctly and with quickness.  I do not know why you and a few others are having this issue but it is not site wide.  I can not even recall a time when I had a long term issues with pages loading. 

When I do have issues I have come to realize updates are loading so I wait a few minutes and then reboot the entire system and any issues I was having go away when the updates are installed and running.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

You have a special eBay approved computer, too bad millions of buyers do not and they are leaving the site never to come back after a few dozen times after eBay locks up their computers due to advertising scripts trying to load.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

As i have a short temper as of late, short of throwing my computer at the wall i had to find a way to use the site. Oddly enough while trying to use the official EBay app already installed on my machine running Windows 10 EDGE browser the app states 'this version is no longer supported, link below to update in store', well the link results in 'error, something went wrong on our end try again' & again, & again, & you get the point, strike 2! Having reinstalled the last version of Internet Explorer (10-11??) because my Kenwood with Garmin map updates cannot be run in Edge, i gave it a try...success! I have been successfully using EBay all day and night with no errors, not responding, scripts, or any problems at all. For now it seems the issue is between EBay & Windows 10's Edge browser and store app, so if you dont mind going backward work in EBay through the last IE version and you will not break your machine in half...Merry Christmas, dont say i didnt get you anything!!

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

I have noticed the ebay website slowing down for the past week or more. When I look at Windows Task Manager  I see that the web page is causing the browser to consume huge amounts of memory and CPU during searches. This is discouraging me from shopping.

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

That is because of eBay's analytics, eBay ad networks, this is the entire reason eBay is crashing computers, malfunctioning scripts running behind the scenes.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply