cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Listings and Good 'til Canceled

I'm finding duplicate listings.  

Recently when I create a new listing Ebay is  defaulting to "good until canceled". A feature I never knowingly use.  Somehow I over looked a couple of listings and they were listed as good until canceled.  

It is almost impossible for me to change  a listing in this format to a 30 day listing.  The drop down box simply will not allow a change. The only way for me to get these listings back under my control is to do a muliple listing change and change those to auction listings. And if those items don't sell then I can  relist them as a fixed price. -- How messed up is that?

Anyway, when you change a good 'til cancelled listing to an auction listing -- it duplicates the listing. Sending one listing to unsold while taking the updated listing to auction.

This is not acceptable. It's hard to maintain when you have a large number of listings like I do. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Duplicate Listings and Good 'til Canceled

• There was a change recently in that the short/quick listing form has no duration choice....... It is automatically the equivalent to GTC for fixed price listings........

Don't know if that may be part of what you are running into or not.  To get to the advanced form which has the durations, click in upper right corner "go to advanced form"........

As to the duplicates.......I don't use GTC.........but never found a duplicate going from fixed price to auction.  I'm wondering if it could be related to the quick listing form......but can't figure out how/why,

I think I'd call ebay on the duplicate problem......as you say, you can get slapped down for the duplicates.... 

@iprefervintage

Message 2 of 2
latest reply