eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
coxantiques
Community Member
Anyone still having problems with the HTTP 403 error EBAY China china.na redirect? I have been calling for Tech support off and on since Apr

....since April 2012. The reps keep ,saying it's MY PROBLEM...malware, my router, my server, my computers. I have called HP it's not a hardware problem...NEW Verizon router, dug my yard up NEW HARDLINE, set up $180 annual GEEKSQUAD....it's not me or my end. I think EBAY is having server problems and it's getting worse. The redirect only happens on EBAY no other site problems or search redirects. HP says it's EBAY and they called customer service for me saying so....STILL GETTING THE EBAY DENIAL and RUNAROUND. 6 + months of problems and getting nowhere......They sent me a link to "fix it" finally....thanks for nothing. It was a link to the discussion boards which I read 4 months ago. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Other Answers: 8
silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coxantiques

Have you called Verizon about this?

Other people reporting similar problems have been able to get the problem fixed that way..

I think one said they had the Verizon router replaced..

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coxantiques

A separate ID used solely for posting:

A posting ID

coxantiques
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coxantiques

Thanks for the input....but Verizon provided TWO new routers, new hardline, we removed all filters..etc.Actually there is quite alot about this issue "HTTP 403 error FORBIDDEN and EBAY china Ebay.cn redirect". We are on the site 12-14 hours daily and this happens on searches, scheduling, uploading pictures, and it's getting worse. Rep's at EBAY finally admitted they were aware of it today 10/23 6 months after we starting having the troubles. GOOGLE provides many, many suggestions all of which we have tried.....SO....again EBAY problem.

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coxantiques

It never happens to me.

And there have not been very many reports of problems from other people.  I remember seeing 1 or 2 - I think your post is #3.

So .... it really is something on your end.  Sorry.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.
coxantiques
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coxantiques

It should be noted that none of the comments/posts thus far are from anyone actually doing any volume of business on the site....NEED TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE MAKING WAVES OUT THERE.....not casual users. Thanks anyway

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coxantiques

Have no idea what you are talking about, never had such a problem, never ever. If it was an ebay problem the answer center would be flooded with questions about it, it is not.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.
keyman95
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coxantiques

I wish I could use the Answer but I have been doing all the same things that you have including contacting Verizon.  Although they are very helpful replacing routers etc. the problem still exists. I actually went to 3 pages of search once before it struck.  Ebay is very strong in their belief that it is my problem and always refers me to Verizon. I will be watching in the event someone is able to come up with a FIX for this issue.

crash51
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coxantiques

OH yes  mnay years now  its about time other people are seeing it aswell,

so i don all kinds of things to try and resolve this issue to no avail, i really is Ebay problem, ok so it seems to be a DNS redirect from within Ebay, or a dns call from ebay to outside then back to ebay, anyway,,etc etc,,i decited one day to use my DNS crypt app,,low and behold. guess what no more ebay.cn

here the link

http://www.opendns.com/technology/dnscrypt/

just run it first when you see the green orb, its time to surf with encrypted DNS, no middle man redirects, put it to test, install dnscrypt but do not enable it

yet,,then serf Ebay till the very next time u see ebay.cn,,or 404 errors,,forbidden,,NOW enable dnsCRYPT see what happens!!!

OK people use this info really works for this Ebay problem.

oh and your all WECOME!!!!!!