cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have a slow page load time?

I don't seem to be having problems with other websites loading and responding to my clicks on their hyperlinks.

However, it really seems like eBay is dragging tail today! Is anyone else having this problem?

Clicked on the "System" link, and it's all showing a "go", but it is really dragging here.

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ad-amp-Picture-Servers-Are-Ruining-My-Ebay-Experience/...

See the solution in this thread, not a thing you can do but close your browser out when ebay servers stall and try again.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ad-amp-Picture-Servers-Are-Ruining-My-Ebay-Experience/...

See the solution in this thread, not a thing you can do but close your browser out when ebay servers stall and try again.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Has nothing to do with any computer, cleaning cookies and so on, this happens when eBay servers stall which has been happening about 20 times a day or so for the last 4 or 5 days, all you can do is close your browser out and come back again.

~courtest adspec1~

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I have been having the same issue. I makes listings very hard. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Yep ! frustrating the shyte out of me...losing interest fast ...Anyone know of another good auction site ?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Agreed, same here. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I've been having the exact same problem for the last few days, as well!

What used to be an instant page change (when clicking) is now taking an average of 16 seconds (or more) before my computer even starts to try to connect with the site. This is the only site that is giving me problems; all others are reacting quickly to my clicks. Everything was fine, up until about 5 days ago; then suddenly the problem is here?

How's about it, eBay, is anybody looking into these complaints? Do you suddenly need more servers to handle the recent workload?

I think we could use some help on this issue...

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

UPDATE:

I may have been barking up the wrong tree here, when I posted my complaint (regarding slow loading times) a little while ago!

I use LastPass for filling-in a lot of my user names and passwords... eBay included! So, I thought I would try deleting my information for my eBay account, in my LastPass account, and try logging-in manually. By doing so, and testing via a manual log-in, the "slow site" problem had completely vanished, and I was now zipping-through any and all pages on eBay!

I then tried re-entering all of my log-in info back into LastPass, and further retesting after that showed that the "slow site" problem was now gone completely!

Soooo... my apologies to eBay for blaming them in this case, and a heads-up to any other eBayers who might also happen to use LastPass for their log-in access... there may be either a glitch or some other kind of problem within LastPass, where you might need to remove eBay from your log-in list and then rebuild it again, within LastPass!

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay is very slow when using IE, I use firefox with add blockers, its fast but half of the listing info is blank so I have to open explorer to see it, Opera browser wont even let me log into Ebay. I was shopping the other day for a computer , Took me forever to find anything the search  was slow and not even what i was looking for hard to find anything. I can see why I am no longer getting hits or even new watchers or sells. You can't find anything, and its so slow. People are just giving up.....

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Is it the Ebay servers serving up item pages or servers sending out ads? The reason I use an ad blocker is because most of the ad servers are very slow and an ad blocker speeds things up considerably.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Thank you-I also use Lastpass & removing my Ebay info from auto login solved my problem!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I tried all things you had with no success.  I think my load time is increasing each day!!  Help?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

it is all the ad's they are cramming down our throats. have you noticed that on pages where there are no ad's they work fine .

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I use amazon for almost everything now. sales,  and purchase's.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

They really don't seem to care. they want to sell China products to Americans and we are all just supposed to shut up and smile.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply